Marathon Weekend 2023

FFigawi

DIS Veteran
I normally wait until the marathon is over before starting the thread for the following year. I’m making another exception this time because a) the 2023 dates have been released, b) people are already talking about it, and most importantly c) I plan to be there :)

Marathon Weekend is January 4 – 8, 2023

Club runDisney registration: April 12
General registration: April 19
Virtual registration: April 22

Last edited:
I'm planning on my first Dopey next year, and have extended family who are also joining. My husband hasn't decided which races he wants to do yet, my 4 year old will be running his first 5k, and then my aunt/uncle/nephews are doing the 5k and possibly 10k.

I'm already worried about signing up so many people. My husband can help, but I doubt my other family members understand how quick these go. How fast did the races for 2022 go?

I'm planning on my first and last Dopey for 2023. It will be the 10th anniversary of my first marathon and 10th anniversary Dopey.

I'm not thrilled about the dates though. I really don't want to be there that early with all the remaining Christmas and New Years crowds.

Last edited:
Planning on Dopey if I can get registered!

I'm probably going to be one of the few people who likes how the dates tie into New Year's Eve (I'm hoping to spend NYE for the first time at EPCOT ever) and with the holidays it will require less vacation days for the trip.

I was thinking about taking a year off as MW is at a bad time for work. But can’t pass up a 10th anniversary of Dopey! I do wish the event could be a few weeks later though.

I'm planning on it! Not sure if I'll go for Goofy or Dopey, I'd really like to do Dopey again, but not sure if I'll have enough vacation time for Dopey.

I am also planning on Dopey 2023. I'm using this coming year to build up my weekly running volume since I am more of a HM runner. I feel like I need a heftier base to do Dopey and not feel like I am dying throughout the whole process.

I am planning on doing this race and it will be my first Marathon!
I am doing my first 1/2 marathon and doing the Fairytale Challenge with Princess in a couple of months and I felt it is now or never with running a marathon since I have now trained myself up to 1/2 marathon. I am sooo excited.
I may or may not do a challenge. I feel just running a marathon is a great goal and I do not think I get the days off for work. (US history teacher right after winter break) But I do loove medals!

Undecided if I will be able to make it yet, but I am strongly considering Dopey for 2023. As much as I sometimes think I should come to my senses and dial it back, I find that I enjoy longer races more when I'm doing a challenge because I get all the negative thoughts out of my head about what was I thinking during the first race of the weekend and then I enjoy the longer races more.

My running days are over [thanks achilles and baxter's neuritis] but I have a hard time separating myself from the great dialogue on the marathon weekend threads, since I've been doing this for 16 years. That's all I'll post for now but know that I'll be lurking and I do wish everyone the best. Still heading down for the 2022 MW in less than 3 weeks as a spectator.

A couple years ago I added the following to my wish list:
- 1st marathon at the 2022 WDW Marathon Weekend
- 1st (and likely only) Dopey at the 2023 Marathon Weekend

I’m training to make the first one a reality, but with limited time off and my new goal of earning perfect status for the Springtime Surprise weekend, I had basically given up hope for the second.

However, I noticed next year’s Springtime Surprise falls closer to Easter, which could mean a chance for needing less time off to attend. If the stars align, I could potentially do that and still be able to take the time off for Dopey! Things would really have to line up perfectly in order for that to happen, so I’m not getting my hopes up, but I’m posting here in the new thread just in case!

My running days are over [thanks achilles and baxter's neuritis] but I have a hard time separating myself from the great dialogue on the marathon weekend threads, since I've been doing this for 16 years. That's all I'll post for now but know that I'll be lurking and I do wish everyone the best. Still heading down for the 2022 MW in less than 3 weeks as a spectator.
I'll probably drop back and "just" do the half marathon. I'll be 65 then and sort of planned on the 2022 Marathon to be my last.
I said no more marathons a couple of years ago after Goofy 2020, and then changed my mind and got frozen out of Goofy 2021, so I thought it was a sign and registered for the half. It became irrelevant when 2021 went virtual. After a year of no MW, I forgot how old I was and signed up for Goofy 2022. Last long run is tomorrow, and again, I say, “No more marathons!” Gettin’ old ain’t for sissies! (Older than you, @Kerry1957)

Thanks for starting this thread. So many trips and races were canceled, I have no clue whether I will be there or not. I enjoy following the Marathon Weekend thread and we never know how much catch-up I will want to do! Plus the other runDisney weekends dates don’t fit my DD school schedule. Looking forward to dreaming with all of you!

I’ve been waiting for this thread since Marathon weekend 2020 ended! I’m planning on the full for sure! Can’t pass up the anniversary and I need redemption from the shortened course. I’m tempted to do Dopey again but haven’t decided yet. The extra time off is gonna play into my decision. But I’m a sucker for medals and I’m sure I’ll kick myself if I don’t do it. We’ll see….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter