Marathon Weekend 2024

I’m pretty sure we have done that little spike before. Looking at last year’s map, it was a little different, but maybe a few years back I think the marathon had one version and the half had a slightly different one (one longer than the other). View attachment 818774
Thanks. I had an 11 year break between my prior half/full and, not realizing at the time that the course changes every now and then, spent a lot of time expecting a remembered landmark or wondering why I didn't go by something that I remembered from before. And maybe we went up by BTRR before and just don't remember doing so (DW nods...). And I know that during that stretch for this year's Princess Half that I was nose down on my phone waiting for the virtual queue for GotG. I looked up for a second and started laughing because nearly everyone around me was doing the same. There may or may not have been any good natured body-checking as we all tried to get in the queue....

Me again, as I last-minute consider switching hotels… and with apologies because I KNOW I’ve asked this before, but didn’t log the answer in my head because I wound up not needing the info lol…

Western Way during the marathon, as it pertains to hotels at Flamingo Crossings: was there a lane left open for traffic to travel from Flamingo Crossings to WDW via Western Way? I have absolutely no recollection from running it this year. What I’m really getting at is, if I stay at a Flamingo Crossings resort, will my only way to WDW marathon morning be the 429 toll road? Bonus points if anyone can tell me just how much I’d pay in tolls to do that! No Sunpass; I’d be stuck paying by plate unless it accepts cash.

I'm debating if there is any way possible to get from Bay Lake after the last runners pass (8:15ish) to AK before everyone has gone through to spectate there as well. Or do I just go directly to Epcot? I'd like to get in 3 spots for spectating if possible.

But I do also need to pack up and check my bags with bell services for the resort transfer that day. Much easier to do that at 8:15 than before the first runners come by BLT.

Me again, as I last-minute consider switching hotels… and with apologies because I KNOW I’ve asked this before, but didn’t log the answer in my head because I wound up not needing the info lol…

Western Way during the marathon, as it pertains to hotels at Flamingo Crossings: was there a lane left open for traffic to travel from Flamingo Crossings to WDW via Western Way? I have absolutely no recollection from running it this year. What I’m really getting at is, if I stay at a Flamingo Crossings resort, will my only way to WDW marathon morning be the 429 toll road? Bonus points if anyone can tell me just how much I’d pay in tolls to do that! No Sunpass; I’d be stuck paying by plate unless it accepts cash.
I don't know the answer about lanes being open, but it would be extremely convoluted to get from Flamingo Crossings without Western Way being open. You'd have to go down to 192 (could either do that via 429 (one toll) or on Avalon Road), and then cut over to World Drive.

I don't know the answer about lanes being open, but it would be extremely convoluted to get from Flamingo Crossings without Western Way being open. You'd have to go down to 192 (could either do that via 429 (one toll) or on Avalon Road), and then cut over to World Drive.
Yep, very much less than an ideal situation. But I’m almost positive Western was closed that direction - I sort of remember pulling over on the left to stretch. I’d prefer the properties at Flamingo, but those around LBV would be easier from a transportation perspective.

I'm debating if there is any way possible to get from Bay Lake after the last runners pass (8:15ish) to AK before everyone has gone through to spectate there as well. Or do I just go directly to Epcot? I'd like to get in 3 spots for spectating if possible.

But I do also need to pack up and check my bags with bell services for the resort transfer that day. Much easier to do that at 8:15 than before the first runners come by BLT.
Will you have a car? If you’re relying on buses it’s going to be very close.

It’ll still be close by car but you’d at least be able to quickly alter your plan.

With the new layout, I think spectators are closer to the start than they were with the road start (someone correct me if I’m wrong, I didn’t run W&D). So if you really wanted 3 spots you could watch the start then monorail back up to BLT.

According to @DopeyBadger 's calculations, the last runner will be coming into MK by 8:16, and leaving MK by 8:36, so 20 minutes to get through Magic Kingdom, give or take. Early Entry is 8:30. The runners will be disappearing from here through a path south of what was Splash Mountain.

Very very strategic, runDisney!
20 minutes to get through the MK. The ultimate fast pass!

I haven’t read anything yet, but it looks like they are to me with the last two corrals for the half and full.
View attachment 818890

ETA: I guess they aren’t waiting until the race starts this time.
It just looks like they are staggering the opening so it’s not as big a crowd to enter

It’s not like W&D where E didn’t even load till coral B cleared

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter