Marathon Weekend 2024

Can someone please give me the best driving directions to the 10K and half marathon from the Disney Springs area? I have zero sense of direction and reading the road closures is not making anything clearer!! Thanks! I am getting stressed…

Can someone please give me the best driving directions to the 10K and half marathon from the Disney Springs area? I have zero sense of direction and reading the road closures is not making anything clearer!! Thanks! I am getting stressed…
Just put it in your phone gps and then follow the cars/busses. Not many out that early are going elsewhere. Google/Apple Maps are good about routing around the road closures.

Once you get close, the first exit is for busses and rideshares. The next one is for self-parking

Another transportation question, I’m taking Uber/lyft for the half. Do I put in Epcot center as my destination?

Also congrats 5k runners!

Just put it in your phone gps and then follow the cars/busses. Not many out that early are going elsewhere. Google/Apple Maps are good about routing around the road closures.

Once you get close, the first exit is for busses and rideshares. The next one is for self-parking
Thank you!

On my way to do the marathon right now! Not sure what is happening with RD social media. Absolutely nothing on Twitter and one small post on Instagram. Am I missing some platform or did the social media person get canned?
I’m not sure what you’re seeing, they’ve been posting about Marathon Weekend all week.

IMG_2274.jpeg

I’m not sure what you’re seeing, they’ve been posting about Marathon Weekend all week.

View attachment 822887
I think there are usually more pictures of the actual race posted by now.

I remember specifically one year seeing a girl that was in one of runDisney’s pictures from a character stop get on the post race bus - so they have in the past posted real time.

Most likely, you can take Buena Vista Drive to World Drive, then go north to Epcot Center Drive. Basically make a loop around instead of a straight shot.
1704379571418.png

Especially since Threads is sinking in popularity.
They just posted something to stories but not related to the actual race this morning. Either they forgot or they’re changing their social strategy.

Also they’re posting hashtags on Threads but hashtags don’t work there!

Car is packed and just about ready to head south to join the fun. Just need to survive one more conference call...
I have to finish last minute packing, and my plan to was to head south and run the gauntlet of Atlanta after the afternoon craziness. And if you see my car on the road, you'll know it's me by the Goofy message: 13.2 + 26.2 = Goofy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter