Marathon Weekend 2024

I’m probably the only one, but I’m not that sad about this. Missing the castle stinks but my anxiety is jumping for joy at having to run a distance I know I can easily complete.

They 100% made the right call in 2017. We'll see if they made the right call here tomorrow. This seems overly conservative and reactive given the forecasts I've seen and the trending of the storm chances later into the day. Let's hope they have better information, because it's going to be a PR nightmare if there's no lightning early in the day.

So where is everyone running their extra 6 miles tomorrow? ;) Laps around Crescent Lake anyone?

I understand why they did it, and I'm glad to be able to run at all, but I was really looking forward to running through the castle.
At HH today @Kerry1957 was talking about all us DISers doing a makeup run together if it were canceled. I'd be up for that!

My makeup run thoughts:

If weather, I can run on a tread. But I am worried about them all being taken and having to finish the miles too late in the day when I need to be recovering for marathon.

Do I go to the gym 1:30 am? I feel lost.

So where is everyone running their extra 6 miles tomorrow? ;) Laps around Crescent Lake anyone?

I understand why they did it, and I'm glad to be able to run at all, but I was really looking forward to running through the castle.

At HH today @Kerry1957 was talking about all us DISers doing a makeup run together if it were canceled. I'd be up for that!

My makeup run thoughts:

If weather, I can run on a tread. But I am worried about them all being taken and having to finish the miles too late in the day when I need to be recovering for marathon.

Do I go to the gym 1:30 am? I feel lost.
Given the shortened course and the need to move onto marathon recovery, if the current forecast holds my plan will be to run my extra mileage around the CBR lake as soon as I get dropped off by the return bus.

Wow. This makes sense but it’s a major bummer. I guess they can’t really wait much longer to pull the trigger on a move like this. Fact of the matter is that there’s a lot of cleanup that happens post-race, even if the race ends an hour or two before lightning might hit, the people working on the event would still be impacted.

Such a bummer but I’m sure they looked at every option. It’s not just runners but the volunteers who are there later than us with take down and clean up that they need to consider.
Completely agree that the volunteers need to be protected just as much as the runners. I just think that could easily be done with a rolling cleanup of the volunteers/stations as the last runners pass, especially since they're not going to be giving any leeway with the sweep times.
I have terrible wi-fi in my room, and I haven't been able to load the guide are buses same time for leaving?
It said there were no changes to the transportation schedule or the corral opening/closing times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter