Marathon Weekend 2024

Have done Virtual Dopey for 3 years now, all on a treadmill. Goal now is to be able to do in person next January
:scared1: :worship::worship::worship:

How quick do we think registrations will take to be sold out for this edition ?
Always assume it'll sell out quickly. There's a thread with Historical Sell-out times for all of the race weekends, and Dopey sold out in something like 40min last year (which is unusual I think?) but with the return of the DL races and a LOT of people jonesing for the C2C medal, I think it'll be safer to assume that stuff will sell out quickly again.

SAFD: No MW 2024 for me. That could change but right now the plan is Easter week 2024 since that is my kid's spring break. If SS lines up with it we will plan the trip to last to Sunday so we could do some events.
Maybe rD will even get their lazy thumbs out of their rears by then and think up a kid's event.

SAFD: Unlikely MW 2024 for me. The registration is one day before we leave for Springtime Surprise and the DDs donā€™t have any common vacation time beside Summer and the December-January break so I doubt they would both choose Disney if we were going somewhere.

SAFD: I'm hoping for Goofy - I've done three Dopey challenges (including this year) and don't really enjoy the 5K/10K or the crowded Wednesday expo. But I also get FOMO easily, so I am sure I will do Dopey again someday.
Already signed up for a half marathon next month to get a new PoT for Disney - hoping I will have recovered enough and still have some residual fitness to get a decent time! Can't use that PR 2019 half time anymore :rotfl2:

SAFD: I plan on doing Dopey in 2024. I hope I donā€™t get stuck eating my entry fees like this year. ;)
I didn't know that you weren't able to run this year - so sorry, that really stinks!

SAFD: Absolutely - I will be running the Dopey in '24. Unfortunately I wasn't able to do the full marathon this year due to numerous injuries from trying to do too many marathons in too short of a time in the fall of '22. This year I'll just be doing a marathon in the spring and I'm going to keep a base running level for the rest of the year until Dopey training starts.

First, agree SAFD should stay in this thread. I turn off email notifications but have this page pinned in my browser and check in whenever I'm looking to kill a few minutes. Anyone know if you can get an RSS feed for a thread? That would probably fit my daily workflow better.

For SAFD: Before MW I would have said no. My experience with registration and rD support was atrocious. But after running my fifth MW and third Dopey, I will probably be back. I will likely be solo or maybe bring my 16 year-old (who will turn 17 on marathon day). He ran the 10k and half with me this year.

Lastly, I'm wondering if the medals next year will incorporate the 100th anniversary theme. I liked the DW 50h medals a lot. I saw on one of the Disney blogs that all the 50th anniversary merch has been replaced with 100 anniversary merch.

Lastly, I'm wondering if the medals next year will incorporate the 100th anniversary theme. I liked the DW 50h medals a lot. I saw on one of the Disney blogs that all the 50th anniversary merch has been replaced with 100 anniversary merch.

I'm naively hoping MW 2024 will be a quiet theme that wouldn't hype it up too much before registration... But the 100th theme would be really cool :)

I'm out for MW 2024 - leaning toward Wine & Dine for my dad's first half marathon (and maybe Disneyland weekend for C2C if they bring that back). But excited to still follow along with all of you!!
Just a clarification on C2C: in the past to get that medal you had to run a half or longer in each park in the same calendar year. So if thatā€™s still going to be the case, 2023 W&D and 2024 DL half wouldnā€™t count, it would have to be a 2024 WDW half/full paired with the DL half. Would they shift to requiring races be done in the same RD ā€œseasonā€, ie starting with 2023 W&D and ending sometime mid 2024? Who knows! They made things very confusing with the Club thing.

(BTW, Im of the mindset that if youā€™ve done a RD half on each coast you should qualify for C2C no matter what years it happens but they wonā€™t let me hand out the medals lol)

I was wondering this too (and hoping)!
I hadnā€™t thought of this but it would definitely work as a theme.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter