Marathon Weekend 2025

That's where my family stayed this past MW. So gorgeous! Got a 1BR Value, and got a view right on the savanna! A friend of mine had to do the controversial move of walking a reservation, because, otherwise, there was no way to get in.
Yep.. you got to walk the values and the clubs. There are just to few. For marathon 2023 I walked a 1 bed club. Loved club level. 💙 but really want Cabins this time for my own personal hot tub.

SAFD: This year after the marathon we went to Steakhouse 71 for lunch. The stack house burger and a twisted fig were absolute perfection! My first marathon we ate at Hoop Dee Doo but I couldn’t stomach the chicken. It’s usually a favorite but it wasn’t hitting that day.

When we do the HM as our big race, we tend to “celebrate” with a Whispering Canyon breakfast.
How is getting to Whispering Canyon? I'm planning on doing a breakfast there post-10K and staying at the Polynesian and was wondering about the logistics of actually getting there.

How is getting to Whispering Canyon? I'm planning on doing a breakfast there post-10K and staying at the Polynesian and was wondering about the logistics of actually getting there.
If you are going straight from the race, take the bus to WL.

If you are going from Poly, monorail or boat to MK and then boat to WL.

We did Whispering Canyon at lunch for Springtime Surprise (boat from MK, it can take a while to wait for the boat) and really liked it.

Late on the SAFD, but, the past number of races now, I've had to fly home the same day as the last race, for work the next day. So no celebrations for me. The year I ran my first marathon, my sweet DH booked me a sports massage at the SS Spa. Is there a spa at SS? That's where I remember it at least. Anyway, it sounded good in theory but I am so awkward at those kinds of things and I don't love being touched by a stranger. I don't think I'd do it again. It's no fault of the staff there, they were great.

Anybody that can start drinking the day they ran a marathon, or the last day of a marathon challenge, you are made of stronger stuff than I am! I can barely choke down food the day I run a race that long.

In 2025 my semester starts the day after the marathon, again, so yet again I will be flying home the day of the race. I'll be traveling with friends this time and they will probably want a meal at least, so I'll check around for lunch/brunch ideas.

Question for the hive mind: The night before the DL Half, my friends and I ate at the IHOP right there on Katella Ave for dinner, and we thought that was just about the best pre-race dinner you could get. One of them is traveling to Orlando with me for his first WDW runDisney event, and he wants to recreate the pancake magic. But I don't think there is a single place you can get pancakes for dinner on property. Am I wrong? My friend thinks it can't be possible that there is nowhere. But I say: crepes, yes; pancakes, no. Please prove me wrong because we would like to fuel up that way again.

Grand Floridian Cafe has pancakes on their lunch menu, but lunch ends at 2:00.

Would a waffle from Sleepy Hollow do?

There are a few IHOPs nearby, but that would require an Uber.

Question for the hive mind: The night before the DL Half, my friends and I ate at the IHOP right there on Katella Ave for dinner, and we thought that was just about the best pre-race dinner you could get. One of them is traveling to Orlando with me for his first WDW runDisney event, and he wants to recreate the pancake magic. But I don't think there is a single place you can get pancakes for dinner on property. Am I wrong? My friend thinks it can't be possible that there is nowhere. But I say: crepes, yes; pancakes, no. Please prove me wrong because we would like to fuel up that way again.
I believe there is an IHOP and Waffle House just outside the WDW exit/entrance of the Disney Springs hotels (Hotel Plaza Blvd).

Grand Floridian Cafe has pancakes on their lunch menu, but lunch ends at 2:00.

Would a waffle from Sleepy Hollow do?
A waffle from Sleepy Hollow *might* do, but we were looking for a stack of pancakes. Good suggestion and good backup idea!
Waffle House > IHOP (and yes, despite the name they do have pancakes)
mmmm Waffle House, like IHOP, can be very uneven. I'm afraid I've had one too many bad experiences at a Waffle House.
The Original Pancake House > Waffle House > IHOP
Ohh I don't know that one!
I believe there is an IHOP and Waffle House just outside the WDW exit/entrance of the Disney Springs hotels (Hotel Plaza Blvd).
Yeah, I don't know if we want to leave the bubble. There really should be an all-day diner somewhere on Disney property. Feels like a missed opportunity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter