March 2022 discount???

k5thbeatle

DIS Veteran
I know year to year is different and things change and no guarantees but if a room discount were to come out for March of 2022 what would be your best guess for when something like that would be released?

I’m waiting for a February or March 2022 discount myself and if I remember correctly it seems to happen late summer/early fall. I think we have a while to wait but I’m consistently watching just in case.

In non-Covid times (like 2018 and 2019), here's what happened:
General Public and Disney Visa discounts - released late September/early October
Passholder and Florida Residents - released early to mid November

This is just for reference - who knows what'll happen as everything is different nowadays!

I would not base everything on what happened in the past... I was not paying any attention to anything and did not realize that 2022 bookings for packages opened up two months ago. I was relying on the old schedule!

I am wondering the same thing for our trip in January. I have booked through DVC rentals in the past but due to the uncertainty of Covid, I am worried about paying cash up front and not getting it back. You have to put 60% down and if you don't cancel with 100 days of the start of your trip, I think you only get 50% back. If I book directly through Disney, it is more expensive, but I have peace of mind that if things shut down, I won't lose our money. If Disney offers a 25 -30% discount on the deluxe villas, it would actually be less than what is listed on the DVC rental page. For now, we will just wait and see.

Also looking for March 2022. And like was just mentioned, a Disney discount would be less than DVC rental. But how long do I wait?

It all depends on bookings. If everything books solid well in advance — which is more likely this year than ever in the past — there could very well be no or few discounts. But if there are resorts or room types that are slow to fill up for the lower-traffic periods, then discounted rooms will certainly make them back more money than leaving the same rooms empty.

Realistically, what we'll probably see is fewer discounted resorts, fewer discounted room types, and smaller discounts than the equivalent seasons in the past.

Military discounts come out in September too, right?

For those of you waiting for discounts to come out, do you already have reservations? This is our first time hopefully using discounts - my brother-in-law is military. I'm nervous I'm going to mess something up.
I was advised to already make a basic package reservation and that we will be able to modify it once/if the discounts come out. Does that sound right?

Yes you are correct. With people traveling now to make up for lost time
Military discounts come out in September too, right?

For those of you waiting for discounts to come out, do you already have reservations? This is our first time hopefully using discounts - my brother-in-law is military. I'm nervous I'm going to mess something up.
I was advised to already make a basic package reservation and that we will be able to modify it once/if the discounts come out. Does that sound right?
Yes that is correct. With lots of people traveling again I'd lock in a room now.

Are they letting people from out of the country in the U.S. yet? If not, anyone know when they might do so? Lower booking rates might yeild more discounts in regards to that.

Has there ever been a year where there was NO room only discount offered for March? Is this something Disney always does?

We have flights booked but still holding out for a good discount. I even received a PIN code last year that we obviously couldn’t use, hoping they will send me another one!

Has there ever been a year where there was NO room only discount offered for March? Is this something Disney always does?

We have flights booked but still holding out for a good discount. I even received a PIN code last year that we obviously couldn’t use, hoping they will send me another one!
What's a PIN code? How do you get one of those?

Yes you are correct. With people traveling now to make up for lost time

Yes that is correct. With lots of people traveling again I'd lock in a room now.
Sorry, am I understanding correctly that this means you can book a room ans then get the lower price if a discount comes out later? Does that happen automatically or only if you notice/ask?
We are also hoping to go in March and I was trying to rent dvc points, like the OP. I was pretty surprised that a lot of resorts they say normally book later had already filled all the DVC points-eligible rooms.
Needless to say, I want to get a reservation on the books soon rather than lose out on staying where we want to stay, so future Disney discounts being applied to already made reservations would simplify things!

Sorry, am I understanding correctly that this means you can book a room ans then get the lower price if a discount comes out later? Does that happen automatically or only if you notice/ask?
We are also hoping to go in March and I was trying to rent dvc points, like the OP. I was pretty surprised that a lot of resorts they say normally book later had already filled all the DVC points-eligible rooms.
Needless to say, I want to get a reservation on the books soon rather than lose out on staying where we want to stay, so future Disney discounts being applied to already made reservations would simplify things!
From what I have read you need to call and apply the discount to your reservation

What's a PIN code? How do you get one of those?

Disney Destinations periodically emails out unique discount codes valid for resort reservations, before the general public discounts are released. It seems to be completely random, no idea why I keep getting them, but definitely not complaining!

I haven’t looked at renting points yet for our trip but are you saying the DVC resorts are getting fully booked?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter