MARCH 2024 W.I.S.H. Thread-🌸Spring 🐣into Health ☘️

Hope everything is going ok with your SIL -

Tonight DH and I went to see Dune 2. He loved it, I liked it - those are not my favorite type of movie, but what I saw of it I did enjoy. I say what I saw of it because I actually dozed off a couple of times during the movie. DH couldn't believe it because we were seeing it in Dolby sound, so the seats were vibrating and it was LOUD many times throughout the movie. My watch actually warned me a few times that I was in a loud environment lol!

Tomorrow night we're going to go see Ordinary Angels - that is more my type of movie. DH will probably sleep through parts of it lol!

IMG_1567.jpeg
Hello Everyone and Happy Saturday!!

For social Saturday I wanted to ask everyone what their favorite restaurant is! Is it locally owned or a chain? Maybe a place you only visit when your on vacation?

I was inspired by DS1s bday dinner tonight at PF Changs-we have never been but it’s DS1s favorite place so I am excited to try it!

Habatchi is probably my favorite meal and our local favorite is a small family owned business!

I hope everyone has a great day!

So many places to choose from! We have a ton of fantastic mom and pop standalones and local chains. RI may be tiny but you can find any kind of food you want within 30 minutes...except really good bbq, we have several OK resturants but nothing AMAZING.
For family dining my kids are all about chelos (local chain)...so much so we get takeout almost every week.
My co-workers and i visit Jacky's galaxy (another local chain) when we want a night out that's fancy but not super fancy or pricey.
In the neighborhood DH and I hit up Revolution, tavolo or O'rourkes...if you find yourself in Cranston/Warwicj check those out.
I could go on and on for best local apps, pizza, best local drinks (just discovered boundries on the RI/MA line) and don't even get me started on Italian food because there is no shortage of those restaurants that are amazing....
Ok I need to stop now my tummy is gurgling.

View attachment 840422

For social Saturday I wanted to ask everyone what their favorite restaurant is! Is it locally owned or a chain? Maybe a place you only visit when your on vacation?

I was inspired by DS1s bday dinner tonight at PF Changs-we have never been but it’s DS1s favorite place so I am excited to try it!

Habatchi is probably my favorite meal and our local favorite is a small family owned business!

Good question - I'm never good at deciding what is my favorite anything for some reason!

I love hibachi too!! We don't really have a good one close by, so it's definitely a special treat when we go to one. This past January DH and I were at an all inclusive that had one. They only had about 4 of the big tables where they cook in front of you, so it was hard to get a seat at one of them, but you could get a seat at a regular table and order off of the menu. One option if ordering from the menu was to go through a buffet of sorts and put on a plate what you wanted them to cook for you. At that point, it was cooked hibachi style, just not in front of you. I loved it! You could get as much of each item as you wanted, so a little chicken, a little shrimp, beef, etc. It was great!

I'd say locally, my favorite would be a place called Georges - it's a bar and grill, but they have a great menu. It's definitely gone up in price lately, but that's to be expected with food prices shooting up so much.

Fast food wise, DH and I are really enjoying Panda Express lately. They have a lot of good choices if you are calorie counting and it's quick and easy too. We don't have one close enough for carry out, but we enjoy eating there before we go to see a movie sometimes. We're probably going to eat there tonight!

Hoping everyone is well. Oneanne, your photos are amazing. I am glad you had a wonderful time.

I returned to school on Wednesday, but still wasn’t 100%…I’m not 100% now. I have lots of deadlines coming up, so I had to get back to school. We had an evening school event on Thursday, which was successful but rough on me still not feeling great. I am so glad that the weekend is here. Next week I am being observed by a team of dignitaries…just what I need. I have to get all my ducks in a row beforehand.

DD has another work trip this week and will be returning very late Thursday night. I will have to stay up and wait up for her. Ugh. I don’t do well with that anymore because if I stay up past a certain time, I have trouble sleeping.

My favorite restaurant is Pepe’s Wharf Restaurant in Provincetown, MA. Their colossal shrimp dish is sublime as is their coconut cake. The view of Cape Cod Bay doesn’t hurt.

View attachment 840422

We go to a place called Fat Heads. I think the first one opened in Pittsburgh then they came here. I think there are only about 4 restaurants.

We did a place called deloters. I think that is spelled wrong. It is a hole in the wall BBQ in Gatlinburg. It was the best BBQ we have ever had. I want to say the only had like 6 tables and it is family run.

Surgery went well and pain has not too bad. Much worse the first time I had laproscopic surgery. We did have some issues getting the pain meds but got it sorta worked out. They gave me the one I am allergic too. It just makes me itch a lot. DH called the night line and the doctor said to take it anyways so I have been if I need it but it still makes me itch a lot. The doctor we talked is not mine and said the 2 were similar and would most likely ended it hing with that one too.

I am still resting in the couch but hoping to get out for a walk tomorrow. Just walking to one or 2 driveways down and see how I do.

Surgery went well and pain has not too bad. Much worse the first time I had laproscopic surgery. We did have some issues getting the pain meds but got it sorta worked out. They gave me the one I am allergic too. It just makes me itch a lot. DH called the night line and the doctor said to take it anyways so I have been if I need it but it still makes me itch a lot. The doctor we talked is not mine and said the 2 were similar and would most likely ended it hing with that one too.

I am still resting in the couch but hoping to get out for a walk tomorrow. Just walking to one or 2 driveways down and see how I do.
Will they let you take advil instead? I hope you recover quickly.

Glad to see you here and feel better ❤️ hugs!

Our favorite used to be an Italian place we always went to when we visited my dad. It was called Angelo's, but sadly, it closed. :( There's a Mexican place there now. - It's definitely not the same as the garlic knots, but they at least do have a really good blue margarita. 1710103148094.png

Our favorite closer to home is harder to pin down. - It's a mood thing. Our favorite meal to go out for though is probably breakfast. We're more likely to get take-out at dinner time.

What’s everyone doing for self care today??

Enjoy your Sunday!
Nothing special - just spent some quiet time reading before I started on house stuff.

Oh, and I ordered a dress and two pairs of shorts on line. Hoping they fit!

This morning was tough but the day has gotten better. Tried a new make ahead mac and cheese potentially for Easter, will know if it's a winner tomorrow when I bake it. I usually do Ina Garten's 24 hour mac and cheese for Christmas but considering our crowd is three times as big on Easter the heavy cream and gruyere gets pricey! Hopefully this version with milk and cheese combo will work. It requires a roux which the 24 hour doesn't...we'll see. I love mac and cheese and am on a quest to find a good crowd version that doesn't have to be prepared morning of.
Yesterday was the pinewood derby and I think being in the lower church for 3.5 hours did something bad to my sinuses as I woke up super dizzy and congested.
Did go to Frozen last night with one of my friends and the show was wonderful. If the touring company comes to your town I highly recommend it. The way they did the ice castle scene and all effects around Elsa's powers were simple and beautiful. I was scared they would go big big and overpower the music but they didn't.

We use Rea Drummond's Mac and cheese. It is really good. We add broccoli and sausage. I will take a picture of the recipe once I get up again.
This morning was tough but the day has gotten better. Tried a new make ahead mac and cheese potentially for Easter, will know if it's a winner tomorrow when I bake it. I usually do Ina Garten's 24 hour mac and cheese for Christmas but considering our crowd is three times as big on Easter the heavy cream and gruyere gets pricey! Hopefully this version with milk and cheese combo will work. It requires a roux which the 24 hour doesn't...we'll see. I love mac and cheese and am on a quest to find a good crowd version that doesn't have to be prepared morning of.
Yesterday was the pinewood derby and I think being in the lower church for 3.5 hours did something bad to my sinuses as I woke up super dizzy and congested.
Did go to Frozen last night with one of my friends and the show was wonderful. If the touring company comes to your town I highly recommend it. The way they did the ice castle scene and all effects around Elsa's powers were simple and beautiful. I was scared they would go big big and overpower the music but they didn't.

My self care today is to rest. I was doing really good on Advil so I took a shower. By the time I was done it felt like I did 100 crunches. So now I will rest the rest of the night. I am on PTO tomorrow but may work a little bit. I saved a lot of work that I can do from the couch. Mostly reading essays. We will see how tomorrow goes.

My self-care today was an afternoon nap between lunch at my mom's and dinner at my MILs. It's been a good day. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow - we have an intern coming and I have to keep her busy. I do have some things for her to do, but am worried about the entire 8 weeks that she'll be with us. I need to keep reminding myself that it's good to help a young student trying to learn, but honestly it's just another task to have on my mind lol!

View attachment 840934

Good Monday morning, everyone!

What's motivating you this week?

Happy Monday! I love this quote - such a reminder that many things start small and big things can happen from their small beginning!

My motivation for this week is to keep on keeping on. I've recently refocused on myself and getting healthier. Last week was pretty good and I lost a couple of pounds even without being perfect. That was good motivation for me, because I stress myself out if I tell myself I have to be perfect.

It kind of goes along with your meme. I'm trying to take baby steps to reach my goals and so far it's going pretty good!

Love todays post @PollyannaMom ☺️❤️

Eating this weekend was bad because of being out and about and having to make do with what was available, but it’s ok todays a new day and a new week!

Took my mom out on Saturday for the first time since her surgery. I was not comfortable taking her out myself until she was more steady. We went to breakfast and it went well. You cannot take your eyes off her for a second though… she has to go to the bathroom with you, her hand needs held all the time when walking and you have to take her coat on and off and zip her up. By outward appearances she looks 50 years old, so she gets a lot of staring from strangers...probably curious as to why someone so young needs so much care 😢 She is only 65, so still too young to be in this state, but to think that 2 months ago she was still in the ICU and unresponsive, she’s doing great all things considered.

Celebrated DS1s bday Saturday night at P.F. Chang’s which was so fun and I did have a salad but also had appetizer's that were not the healthiest…it was fun though ☺️

We all went to church yesterday, which was DS1s real bday so we were blessed to see him in person another year older ❤️

I hope everyone has a great Monday!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter