MARCH 2024 W.I.S.H. Thread-🌸Spring 🐣into Health ☘️

Evidently I never pushed 'post a reply yesterday, so here are my thankfuls...

I am so so thankful for the clear blue skies outside this morning, and that temps are warming up a bit as well. I fully intend to spend most of my weekend outdoors prepping the raised beds, and hopefully the lawn will be dry enough that I can mow it before it gets out of hand.

And I'm thankful to be moving to the new project at work and thankful for the team I'll be working with.... we get along great and each have different strengths and experience to contribute. And I'm thankful to be learning something new, as I've started to play around with AI tools to help with certain tasks.

The Tagine I made for dinner last night turned out pretty good. I did under season so it was a bit bland, but that's an easy adjustment and if I do it with salmon again I'll change the veggies up a bit.

Weather forecast today is looking good, but Sat/Sun are looking fabulous. I think I'm going to sign off from work a tad bit early today to make a run to Home Depot for soil amending stuff, so that I don't have to do it Sat when I'd rather be out in the garden working. My seed starts are continuing to pop up and looking good, I'm holding my breath that I do things right this year and have the lush garden I envision.

So glad it's Friday!! This is the time of year where my job typically slows down each year, but things just keep coming! Ready for a bit of a break to slow my mind down a bit lol!

We don't have many plans this weekend so I'm sure we'll go see a movie or two, but not sure what else. I think we're supposed to have pretty nice weather - chilly but at least sunny!

I average around 3,000 steps a day. I have been adding steps to my days, now I’m up to 4,000 - 5,000 miles per day depending on the day. (My knees can’t handle much more than that right now). I didn’t want to lose momentum, so this morning I got back on the treadmill after many months. I walked for 30 minutes while watching a YouTube video of walking through Magic Kingdom. I’m hoping this will help my weight loss efforts.

Last edited:
Happy St Patrick’s Day everyone!!!!!

I hope everyone is enjoying their day and weekend!!! For yesterdays quiz I got:

IMG_1597.jpeg

Have had a pretty uneventful weekend-just normal schedule-visiting mom, babysitting, volunteering, church…gonna clean and do laundry soon.

Yesterday DH and I were the only volunteers there who are able to walk the “strong dogs”. We were both WIPED OUT when we were done. The strength of some of these dogs is absolutely unreal and it takes so much out of you. I’m glad we are both able to do it because many volunteers are physically unable but I don’t know how many years of “strong dog” walking we have left in us 😂

My self care was yesterday-napping and resting after volunteering…today I need to get some stuff done!

Enjoy your day everyone!

Seems legit...

1710697966033.png

I felt like I didn't get much yard work done yesterday, but really this early there isn't a whole lot that needs to be done. The lawn got their first mows and two of the small raised beds got cleaned out and topped off.

Today I've already planted more seeds. I had forgotten I had also ordered zinnias from a different company, so now I'm going to have a zinnia farm. I'm also planning on cleaning out the other two small beds today and starting on one of the large ones. After that it will be cleaning up one of the beds that I didn't use last year... when I was out working yesterday I saw that it actually gets a lot of sun even tho it is under the trees, so the dahlias are going to go there. And then I'm going for a beach walk at low tide around 5p... it is so nice to be able to do evening walks while the sun is still up.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Today is our usual church, then lunch at my mom's and dinner at my MILs. Right now, we are home from my mom's and had a good visit there and with people at church! I made my egg bites for my breakfasts this week. I've been getting lazy with this and then I end up driving through McDonalds for a sausage mcmuffin which is 400 calories instead of my 170 calories for much healthier egg bites! So, glad I've set myself up for a good week of breakfasts!

Yesterday ended up being a great day and DD1 came over and visited for a couple of hours and then went out to dinner and to the movie with us! I love spending the day with her, so it was a wonderful surprise and great Saturday!!

Today was pretty mellow except for the kids being up EARLY. Went to church then our usual trip to dunkin. Did a bunch of laundry and spent awhile outside with the kids. Did manage to do a little reading while i was sitting with DD while she was trying to use the potty....got to get that me time in where you can right?

After a rough week last week I am back. I am still sore and sitting in a chair seems to but aggravates things and I am in more pain. I am back at work full time this week so we will see how it goes. I may still need to work some from the couch.

I have been walking still but it is a slow walk but I am doing it. They doctors still want me to be moving so that is what I am doing. I didn't get much in this weekend since it was raining and then yesterday it started snowing. It is still snowing today but we only have about a half inch on the ground because the ground is warm enough to melt it. This week I might get on the treadmill just to get some slow walking in and slowly build up my time and speed.

After a rough week last week I am back. I am still sore and sitting in a chair seems to but aggravates things and I am in more pain. I am back at work full time this week so we will see how it goes. I may still need to work some from the couch.

I have been walking still but it is a slow walk but I am doing it. They doctors still want me to be moving so that is what I am doing. I didn't get much in this weekend since it was raining and then yesterday it started snowing. It is still snowing today but we only have about a half inch on the ground because the ground is warm enough to melt it. This week I might get on the treadmill just to get some slow walking in and slowly build up my time and speed.
Sending hugs.

Motivations for this week: since getting back from vacation my eating has been all over the place and I'm really feeling it, so one motivation is to start getting that all under control. The other is to keep learning and challenging myself on how I think about things.

And of course the change in the weather and the longer sunlight hours in the evenings are huge motivators. Spring has come on strong and it feels so darn good. I really hadn't realized how much things (and I) had shut down over the winter but now I'm literally vibrating with joy over the sunshine and warmer temps.

I made sure to get my steps in today, and I’m eating well. I got a little too loosey goosey with my eating on Saturday night and Sunday. I overindulged on corned beef which we only eat on St. Patrick’s Day weekend. I feel better today being back on track.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter