MARCH 2024 W.I.S.H. Thread-🌸Spring 🐣into Health ☘️

Egg bites? I'm interested in maybe seeing a recipe (can you DM it to me) to get up and make them every morning before work. Right now, I'm going through McDonald's drive thru (egg mcmuffin no cheese, no meat for $1.62 is hard to beat, lol).

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Today is our usual church, then lunch at my mom's and dinner at my MILs. Right now, we are home from my mom's and had a good visit there and with people at church! I made my egg bites for my breakfasts this week. I've been getting lazy with this and then I end up driving through McDonalds for a sausage mcmuffin which is 400 calories instead of my 170 calories for much healthier egg bites! So, glad I've set myself up for a good week of breakfasts!

Yesterday ended up being a great day and DD1 came over and visited for a couple of hours and then went out to dinner and to the movie with us! I love spending the day with her, so it was a wonderful surprise and great Saturday!!

Egg bites? I'm interested in maybe seeing a recipe (can you DM it to me) to get up and make them every morning before work. Right now, I'm going through McDonald's drive thru (egg mcmuffin no cheese, no meat for $1.62 is hard to beat, lol).

sent in a DM, but thought I'd post here too, just in case :)

I'm a pretty lazy cook, so I simplify as much as I can. Here's what I do:

10 eggs
about 3/8 cup of velveeta cheese cheddar shreds (trying to get 100 calories of cheese total)
about 1.2 T of bacon bits (trying to get 50 calories bacon bits total)

I break and mix all of the eggs in a bowl. Add the cheese and bacon bits. You can spray 10 spots in a muffin tin, but I use parchment paper cupcake liners and split between 10 muffins. It works out to a little over a 1/4 cup of egg mixture per muffin.

I then bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes.

I store them in a container and reheat 2 each morning for 1 minute at 70% power.

This makes each egg bite about 85 calories and super easy!

My motivation this week is staying consistent while DH is watching what he eats too!

A few years ago, when I lost about 50 pounds, DH did too. I do so much better when he is into healthy eating at the same time I am. I know I don't need him to do it at the same time, but it's so much easier, so I'm taking advantage!

Right after Easter I'll be starting my seedlings. Having access to fresh veggies is a huge help to me. Also bonus of spending time outdoors with the little garden. And double bonus my picky eater DSs will eat veggies that they helped grow as opposed to veggies from the store.

I've always wanted to do a little garden. But I truly don't have room. Min would have to be done in planters. But, honest, all I want are onion, cucumbers, banana peppers, maybe potatoes (no lettuce, tomatoes, nothing like that). I just don't know how to do it. And in Texas, you usually have to plant in February. So I probably missed the boat again.

Right after Easter I'll be starting my seedlings. Having access to fresh veggies is a huge help to me. Also bonus of spending time outdoors with the little garden. And double bonus my picky eater DSs will eat veggies that they helped grow as opposed to veggies from the store.

Thanks for this. I will probably try it. But just do 2 at the time so I'm not having to store them. I might do 4-6, but I wouldn't want them sitting in the fridge for longer than 2-3 days. Then you just take these and put them on a muffin or something?

sent in a DM, but thought I'd post here too, just in case :)

I'm a pretty lazy cook, so I simplify as much as I can. Here's what I do:

10 eggs
about 3/8 cup of velveeta cheese cheddar shreds (trying to get 100 calories of cheese total)
about 1.2 T of bacon bits (trying to get 50 calories bacon bits total)

I break and mix all of the eggs in a bowl. Add the cheese and bacon bits. You can spray 10 spots in a muffin tin, but I use parchment paper cupcake liners and split between 10 muffins. It works out to a little over a 1/4 cup of egg mixture per muffin.

I then bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes.

I store them in a container and reheat 2 each morning for 1 minute at 70% power.

This makes each egg bite about 85 calories and super easy!

Thanks for this. I will probably try it. But just do 2 at the time so I'm not having to store them. I might do 4-6, but I wouldn't want them sitting in the fridge for longer than 2-3 days. Then you just take these and put them on a muffin or something?

I usually just eat as is, but I could see putting them on a muffin for sure. They are not as thick as a cupcake, but they are not necessarily flat either, so may have to do a little modification to put them on a muffin, I'm not sure.

I've always wanted to do a little garden. But I truly don't have room. Min would have to be done in planters. But, honest, all I want are onion, cucumbers, banana peppers, maybe potatoes (no lettuce, tomatoes, nothing like that). I just don't know how to do it. And in Texas, you usually have to plant in February. So I probably missed the boat again.

I'd also like to try a few plants sometime, but have never pulled the trigger and done it. My dad always did what he called a bucket garden with mainly tomato plants. That's what I'd really like to do. Fresh tomatoes are my favorite and they would be extra special if I grew them myself!

View attachment 843075
It's topic Tuesday! Do any of your plans or projects intersect with your wellness journey?

My plans really don't, but this is making me think about ways to incorporate it. Now that my kids are grown, our evenings and weekends are so different than they were just a few short years ago. Now most of our plans revolve around trip planning and going to movies. We do other things too, but they are often more last minute and not really planned for as much.

With trips, I definitely try to up my walking and healthy eating before each trip, but now that we are going places more often, it just needs to be part of my normal routine. That's what I'm working on.

So far my seeds are doing well, fingers crossed this continues. And then there's the raised bed prep... with the new large bed I've decided to try the no-till method, which I probably should have set up last fall but we'll see how it works. I'm just going to top it off with compost and then put down weed cloth and cut in the spots for the dahlias.

In addition to flowers I will be planting some veggies, but mostly the healthiness from gardening comes from being outside and doing things that make me happy. And then having lovely home grown flower bouquets all summer.

My garden is all "container" even though I have room for a little garden bed. RI weather is so wonky I like being able to transfer things to the garage when it gets super cold or windy when the plants are young. I do typically lettuce, spinach, cherry tomatoes, bush cucumbers and mini carrots. I have also done zucchini and squash but those containers have to be big so they do not get moved once they are placed. If space is an issue amazon has these cool stacking planters that have like 4 sections and stack on top of one another for a small footprint...good for greens and berries.

I'm going to try as well. Although, I think it's too late to do seeds in Texas. I might have to go to the plant farm and get some ones already started.

Ok all this talk about gardening…I am tempted now to try a few pots of veggies! I am going to try and watch some YouTube’s tonight and see if I think I will be able to succeed!

Thanks you for the motivation on this-I think I can do it!

Our gardens are all flowers because our backyard is landscaped for entertaining with the pool, gazebo on the patio and the deck.

My plans include swimming hopefully by May in our heated pool and going for long walks on the beach. Last year’s pollen bomb kept me inside until June. I really hope that doesn’t happen again this year.

I will be planting my flower boxes for the deck on Mother’s Day since that’s when plants can be brought outside in Connecticut. A few days later will be our first trip of the season to Cape Cod.

I love today's quote about spring!!

I'd also like to try a few plants sometime, but have never pulled the trigger and done it. My dad always did what he called a bucket garden with mainly tomato plants. That's what I'd really like to do. Fresh tomatoes are my favorite and they would be extra special if I grew them myself!
That's exactly what I do! I save 2 or 3 of those big kitty litter buckets this time of year, DH drills some drainage holes in the bottom, and I fill them with dirt from the compost bin. I buy already started tomato plants when it gets warm enough, and have "cages" I stick in there for them to grow up and cling to. Fresh tomatoes are the best!

DH tried planting hot peppers before. The animals around here ate them all, and it was a ton of planets. We have even more animals now. We have a family of deer (getting close to 10 now) that roam our neighborhood and every year have babies in the area between our house and our neighbors. I have a hard enough time keeping them from eating my daylilies I don't think they would stay away from any veggies I plant. I would love to plant tomatoes as I love fresh ones.

For my woohoo this week -- I woke up yesterday and felt back to myself. No more pain unless I touch the incision. Yay!!!!!!

Well, it looks like Spring is over already. Some how the forecast turned to overcast and damp for the foreseeable future, I'll still get out for a bit each day to do a few tasks, but not nearly as much as I was.

Woohoo... raises and bonuses came out yesterday and they weren't quite as bad as I thought they were going to be.

Woohoo... I got signed up for the hand building pottery course, first class will be next Thursday evening.

Woohoo... after my big trip I had thought doing WDW in December would be nice, going back to the comfort of the familiar. But I keep dreaming of going to London, so yesterday I was poking around on Expedia and found I could do a week there for the same or even less money so now the mental wheels are turning. I don't think I'd want to go later than September, maybe October, so now I need to look at the project timeline and see how that would fit in, then decide am I just going to London or would I also want to go up to Edinburgh.

Late add... woohoo the seeds I harvested from my fancy pumpkins are starting to come up!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter