March 3, 2005 Wonder!

mkymouse4ever

DIS Veteran
Sorry, if a thread is already started, but search didn't come up with one. :blush:

Wondering if anyone else is taking the Wonder on March 3rd? :grouphug: :flower1: Looking forward to our 2nd cruise, 1st time as castawaycay members :earseek: .

Mky princess:

HI! We will be going on the 3/3/05 Wonder. We are taking it as a family trip.... 3 adults & 4 children! Have traveled a lot but have never cruised before. Any helpful hints for a novice cruiser??

Hi

We'll be on the Wonder on March 3rd. This will also be our 2nd cruise. We were on the Magic in March 2004. I will be sailing with my DH, DS11 & DS 9. We can't wait to board!! :cool1:

Yipee! We have a group now! :grouphug: This is our 2nd cruise with disney. Just myself princess: & and sister :flower: . We did the wonder in July 2004, and hope to have good weather too. We are combining with our own version of "land" going to wdw! :earboy2: .

mudangel77 : Sorry, No we have no good tips. We actually did very poorly on our 1st attempt. We spent too much time at dinner, very good tablemates and too much chitchat! So missed too many activities, or places to crowded by time we got there. :blush: We Flunked out to cruising 101. :blush: . So we are armed and dangerous now. Know where to go, and how to get there! (and how to order at dinner), (get 2 appetizers if you don't want the salad) :teleport: . Good luck. pirate:

jomik1: See your from northern Illinois too. Hi ya neighbor! Maybe you can fill us in on the March weather conditions of the sea and castaway cay? Got to be an improvement over the weather here. :rolleyes:

MKY princess:

Hi Mkymouse

We have lots of family down in the Southern Burbs by you. My sis and a bunch of cousins, Aunts & Uncles in Joliet and surrounding suburbs.

When we went on the Magic last year it was 3/27 - 4/3. The sea was calm. We really didn't feel the ship move at all (day or night). None of us ever became seasick. We were in Key West, Grand Caymon, Cozumel, & Castaway Cay. The weather was beautiful almost every day. Mid to upper 80's in Key West & Grand Caymon (Went swimming with the Stingrays which was awesome!!). Hot and humid in Cozumel. A front came through during the afternoon in Cozumel which brought in some rain late in the day. We still had plenty of time for sightseeing and then swimming on the boat before the rain. The next day at sea brought us cool temperatures. When we were at Castaway Cay the temps were in the low to mid 70's and windy in the morning but sunny by afternoon. It ended up being a beautiful day. A little chilly in the morning but perfect in the afternoon. We stayed out on the beach from about 9am til around 3pm. The kids had a ball playing pool and shuffle board at Castaway Cay. They didn't really swim until after we ate lunch. They also had fun playing football on the beach. The water was a little too chilly for my taste but I did walk in a little bit. The cool water didn't seem to bother the kids at all tho!! :D . Some of the excursions were cancelled at Castaway Cay because of the heavy surf. I remember the snorkeling being cancelled. We didn't have any plans for the day so that didn't really bother us.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate with us in early March. Since this is only a 3 day cruise, I'm really hoping for nice weather. My SIL, BIL, Nephew12 & Nephew10 are also coming with us. This will be their first cruise so I am praying the weather cooperates. I haven't checked out weather.com yet to see what the temps are normally in the Bahama's for that time of year yet.

Hopefully we'll find a few more us that are going 3/3.

Talk to you later.

THink the weather is suppossed to be upper 70's. I am very excited, too!! I am a single mother traveling with two boys, 6 &10! SO, thatshould be an experience in itself! I have read some about singles activities? Anyone know anything about that?

There is definately lots of stuff to do. Not sure about things specific to singles but most of what we did last time didn't matter if you were a single or a couple. You boys are going to have a blast. They will never be bored!!

My mind is drawing a blank right now but last year I found a link on this board that took me to a websight the had copies of Navigators downloaded into Adobe. They were great to look at to get an idea of some of the events that are happening. Perhaps someone might have that link for you.

We are taking our first cruise on 3/3/05 with my 6 and 10yo sons. Any other kids out there they can meet. We are staying at the Beach club for the four days prior to the cruise. How warm is it in the Bahamas in March? :charac2:

Hi everyone!

We'll be on the Wonder starting March 3 too & I can't wait! It will be me (40) & DH (40) along with DS (12) and DD (9). We're staying at AKL prior to boarding, and at Universal's Royal Pacific Resort before that, so after 7 full days of theme parks, we'll be more than ready to kick back a bit on the ship.

My husband has cruised before, but this will be the first for myself and the kids. I got the Disney Cruise Passporter book and it was great - I highly recommend it for those of you who haven't cruised before.

My shore excursions are booked, PS's made, itinerary done, now time to focus on shopping and packing lists (we'll be gone a total of 10 days so I'm trying to plan ahead as best I can)!

Fingers crossed for fabulous weather - anything beats the 15 degrees it will be here in chilly New England tomorrow!

Welcome! :boat: 15 degree's that's a heat wave! We haven't broken 10 in 5 days. :cool: I can't believe it either. That's the longest consistant cold snap I remember. At least it isn't snowing (yet). What excursions did you pick? We keep looking at them and just can't seem to come up with what we should do. Last July we just stayed on the ship. :cool1: It was nice and quiet, pool to ourselves but we thought maybe this time we should look around. Considered the beach days, and going to atlantis. Or just going to atlantis looking around and then shopping and going back to the ship early. (probably on our own). Any suggestions? We have the passporter and birnbaum's and took the same cruise in july 2004. (should know what we are doing, but still confused :blush: ) . We are like you we are going to WDW for 2 nites before cruise and then 2 weeks after cruise. We should be ready for the rest of winter by then. :earboy2:

Is it too early to start packing? Mky princess:

mkymouse4ever -

Actually, 15 degrees WAS a heatwave :rolleyes: I got up yesterday to 5 degrees with windchill of negative 10...but that's O.K., we'll appreciate the toastly FL sun all the more!

As to shore excursions - while in Nassau, we'll do the dolphin swim at Blue Lagoon. The last trip we made we went to Discovery Cove and the kids still talk about it, so I decided to spring for the one at Blue Lagoon (presented the brochures to the kids for Christmas gifts - boy were they excited!). :Pinkbounc

While we're on Castaway Cay we'll do the parasailing - my 12 yo DS has always said he'd like to know what it feels like to fly - I figured this would be pretty close!

My husband was lucky enough to stay at Atlantis a few years ago and was very impressed - I considered visiting while we were there, but you can only do so much, right? The dolphins took priority.

You're staying 2 weeks after - that's fabulous - what an opportunity to truly take your time and enjoy your surroundings!

I actually have started packing...well, at least "gathering". I've got a big plastic bin in my closet and have been tossing stuff in for a while - it'll save me from searching later ("now where did I put those binoculars - I just saw them the other day..."). Especially with off season clothes and quickly growing kids, I've been careful to check to see that their shorts/swim suits still fit! :flower1:

I will be cruising with my sons 10 y & 6 y. We are so exicted and I am researching daily so I can be informed!!! It is getting a little obsessive!!! Anyone that wants to, PM me....I would love to meet some people before we go!

We will also be on the Mar.3rd Wonder. Myself(39), DH(42),DD(13),DD(10),My Mom, Dad and Brother. We can't wait!!!! I could not figure out how to do the countdown on these boards.
This is the first cruise for all except my brother. We will be staying at SSR after the cruise!!!!
I wish today was the day- I think it may hit 20 degrees here today- it was only 32 yesterday morning in WDW too though- still would be better.
See you on the ship!!!
Linda

:boat: We are getting a bigger group! Yeah. We here in chicagoland today had a heat wave! Got up to 37! :sunny: I almost got out my sunscreen and swimsuit! :rolleyes: Anyway, We are 37 days and counting down. My count down timer is a little off cause we are coming down earlier. :D Time to start watching for our paperwork in the mail! :cloud9: Wonder who will get there's first?

Mky princess:

Mky,
Did you say you have cruised before? At what point do I panic if I have not seen paperwork? The travel agent we used- first and last time- does not seem to on top of things. Should cruise docs be here about 3 weeks out?
Thanks, Linda

Yes, We took the same Wonder cruise last July! :teeth: It was great. But too short and quick. Tried to do to much. This time we are going at a slow pace, and going to enjoy it. We know where everything is now, and how it works. ;) Last July we got our doc's really early, I want to say about 4 weeks out. I booked myself through disneycruiseline thou. So not sure what happens with a TA. :confused3 Our july cruise was completely sold out, I hope this one is not. It would be nice to see the ship a little more empty. :sunny: But the weather was beauitful and hot. We had a little rain on the tropical party outside that nite that was it. Otherwise the seas where very calm.

pirate: Lets hope for warm weather! and Sun :sunny: . We really enjoyed being on the ship and just looking out our balcony. It was facinating to watch them turn the ship in a circle. (wait till we get to nassau). We where in a #7 navigator's cabin on the 5th floor and you could really "feel" the engines during this. We jumped up and ran out to see what was up. It was so cool.

Lets all celebrate to Feb 2005 it's a SHORT month!!!! :cheer2:

Mky princess:

I have to say after reading some of the recent posts regarding the rough seas I am getting a little (a lot) nervous. This is our first time and I am a wreck. I read that the seas were so rough the toiletries came flying off the shelves in the bathroom! OMG! There is not enough tranquilizers in the world if that happens!
Please tell me this is unusual.
Linda

We are on the 03/03/2005 Wonder. Spending a few days at Animal Kingdom before, then a week at Contemporary after. First trip to WDW and first Disney cruise....been on a few Princess cruises in the past. The girls (11, 11, 7, 6) will be experiencing all of this for the first time. West Coasters, so we have done Disney Land several times. We are all counting down the days.

Hoping for great weather and calm seas, but we will have fun with whatever we get. I has to be better than work/school.

Sorry I had to use complete words in the message. Haven't quite got all of the DD, DH, DS, etc. stuff down yet. :)

Welcome Goodywagon! and your gang! We will probably see you at WDW too! ::MickeyMo :teeth:

MOMof2minnies: THINK POSITIVE! We must! I'm a little worried but only about the weather being a little cool at castaway cay or not being able to dock there. :rolleyes: The sea (rough) is an adventure! Last July it was almost dull. :earseek: We were looking for some waves. The only thing that made me sick was the scopolamine patch, and I'm not kidding. I was queasy and said I'm dizzy, don't feel right, I took it off and felt great. I cannot ride tea cups, mission space, most coasters, those 3 D movies like china, and france are the worse, make me sick each time, know I won't like soarin' and get car sick easily if I'm not driving(why?). BUT I'm thinking positive! Its a big ship, eat sensible, (keep something in your stomach, bland) don't drink to much! If you touch anything (bannisters, table, chair, ANYTHING have your handy hand sanitizer with you so you and your family do not get SICK. This worked out great, people at our table were using ours at dinner. Once you give into motion sickness there is NO going back. If you are ill, get off the ship at naussa for a while, even if you didn't plan to and walk around, on the ground, It just feels different. You will feel better. If you have a balcony Open it up for air, (should be cooler hoping not cold) or if your in an inside GO to A DECK and sit outside get some air. The only place that REALLY bother me was waiting to enter Animator's Palette there are large window's it was dark and the wonder lights up the water and you could see it flying by the window at a fast pace (2nd nite) Right before they opened the door, this really made me dizzy and queasy, Got that whold motion thing going, but I forced myself to eat something and focus on the "nite" and soon forgot all about it. So lets hope for GOOD weather, good seas and a GREAT time!!!!!

Anyone else going to try to go to the Castaway cay party? this will be our 1st, Just my sister and I. Should be interesting, we are very excited! We are already fighting over the pins and towel!

Mky princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter