March Break madness ~crowds, craziness and cocktails! A March '22 PTR! TR link 03/22

I have been there but it was almost 25 years ago so pretty sure that doesn't count. Jason and I actually went together with a group of friends in college like 10 years before we ever started dating. Funny to think back on it now.
I didn't realize you two have known each other since university days!
We have an ongoing family joke about Jelly Rolls though. When we were walking past it one day last year we heard some lady comment that she heard their donuts were really good. So now we have to talk about the donuts every time we walk by :rotfl:
Love it!
That sounds perfect. We went for a long weekend in september with only 1 park date and really enjoyed ourselves. So nice not to rush, rush, rush and just chill by the pool
With ticket prices, March Break crowds and Covid STILL being a thing we felt less park time would be better. Plus we know we will be back sooner than later! :)

Arrival day at Disney!

With no Magical Express, I am weighing my options for transport to Saratoga Springs. I have looked at Mears Connect, a car service with a stop at Publix or using Uber/Lyft. Since we have a brunch reservation, I think Uber/Lyft might make the most sense. I've already done online check in and indicated an early arrival of 10 am. Who knows if there is a chance of getting our room so early but we can always leave our bags with bell services.

Speaking of brunch, we are SO excited to finally try Wine Bar George! I have been perusing the menu and am super interested in the burrata. Then it is going to be a toss up between the french toast or the eggs benedict. They both sound amazing! Of course we will have to enjoy a cocktail as well and I am looking at either the sangria or the aperol spritz. Is there anything better than that first vacation cocktail?

After brunch, we plan on strolling Disney Springs. I will definitely need to head to the Coop so I can visit Cherry Tree Lane. I am not the biggest fan of the new shopping area but still really enjoy the Marketplace area. World of Disney, the pin shop and a picture with the Lego sea serpent will be must do's as well. We have a preferred room booked at Saratoga and asked for Congress Park. Hopefully that request will be met. If the weather cooperates (you never know in March!) we plan on whiling away a few hours poolside. Once we get in the room and settled, we may have a small nap/rest before heading back to Disney Springs for a progressive dinner. I thought this would be a fun thing to try and a good opportunity to check out some of the different bars. The goal is to have start with an appie and beverage at one location, them move to a second bar for a more substantial bite and another bevvie, then dessert at a third location! Jock Lindsays, Polite Pig and Amorettes are on the list so far. Are there other places you would recommend? After taking in some of the evening entertainment we plan to head back to the resort as we have an early wake up call for our first park day!

Where are we going to visit first? That's next!

Last edited:
Your arrival day sounds great. I've heard wonderful things about the brunch at Wine Bar, and I really like the idea of hopping around for dinner. The barbecue cauliflower at Polite Pig would make a tasty side if you're not too hungry.

Since you have an ADR to get to, I'd probably go with an Uber so you have less chance to running late.

Your arrival day sounds great. I've heard wonderful things about the brunch at Wine Bar, and I really like the idea of hopping around for dinner. The barbecue cauliflower at Polite Pig would make a tasty side if you're not too hungry.

Since you have an ADR to get to, I'd probably go with an Uber so you have less chance to running late.
Thanks Alicia! I am thinking an Uber or Lyft will be the way to go. We can always use Instacart for our breakfast things and snacks. That cauliflower sounds yummy! I checked out the menu at Polite Pig and see lots I would like to try. :)

Last edited:
Speaking of brunch, we are SO excited to finally try Wine Bar George! I have been perusing the menu and am super interested in the burrata. Then it is going to be a toss up between the french toast or the eggs benedict.

I will be living vicariously with you on that one!! Hope to try this place one day! Looking forward to pictures!

1st park day! ~Animal Kingdom and Epcot

While we are in Disney for six full days this trip, we are only doing two park days. The projected crowd levels are not really my cup of tea, so we are choosing more resort based activities for the majority of our trip. We went for 2 day hopper tickets and are planning on taking advantage of the extended evening hours for deluxe resort guests. The advantage of being DVC members! :)

We will head off to Animal Kingdom bright and early Monday morning. As yet, we are not planning on using Genie+ this day but we might buy an ILL for FoP. The last time we were on FoP, Bill really didn't feel well afterwards. It might have been that we had been on Dinosaur right before or it may have been the July heat, He is a bit leery of going on again so I may ride alone or we may just skip it.

First up will be an early morning safari! No better way to start the day. I would love to go to Festival of the Lion King next as I haven't seen it for a few years. We will stroll the Gorilla Falls trail as well as the Maharajah Jungle trek. We adore the Bird show so will make time to take this in as well. The beauty of AK for me is in the theming. I love the lush vegetation and quiet beauty of this park. Our next stop will be one of my favourite spots in all of Disney, Nomad Lounge! Nothing better than spending an hour or two sipping cocktails and enjoying some of the appies from the Tiffins menu.

1643463379691.png

We may head back to Saratoga Springs to chill for a bit before hitting up Epcot. I'd like to be at Epcot by about 4:30 so we can take in all the beautiful topiaries for Flower and Garden festival. I just love how beautiful the park looks during this time of year, especially the floating flowers.
We will hit up the festival booths for dinner this evening and looking forward to the menus being released at the end of February. I had been hopeful for the Garden Rocks concert this evening but a gospel performer was announced which is really not my favourite. So we may sneak in a quick listen walking by but won't devote a significant amount of time to it. We are thinking of an ILL for Remy as well but I have heard that it'll be included in the extra evening hours. As for the rest of the rides, as long as I can do my beloved LwtL and Spaceship Earth, I am a happy girl.

We will check out Harmonious as well. I haven't loved what I have seen online so far but am reserving judgement until I actually see it in person. I was a big fan of Illuminations and don't know if anything can come close to it for me. So definitely not a ride focused Epcot experience, really just soaking in the atmosphere and enjoying F&G.

Last edited:
The only catch is that we have a 5 hour layover in Montreal! I told Bill about our layover and all he said was "they have a bar, right??" We will have to clear customs in Montreal as well.
HA! That's the spirit.

Still no Oga's or Space 220 lounge but will put alerts on those.
I don't think they are releasing Space 220 at the same time as regular dining. I am torn on Oga's. I really want to go but I am not sure we will feel comfortable inside. It looks like it is back to being fully packed in.

Sunday, March 13th ~ brunch at Wine Bar George
Monday, March 14th ~ Nomad Lounge/Flower and Garden food booths
Tuesday, March 15th ~ Dinner at Morimoto Asia
Wednesday, March 16th ~ dinner at Steakhouse 71
Thursday, March 17th ~ lunch at Jaleo. Monorail bar crawl for St Patty's!
Friday, March 18th ~ dinner at Flying Fish!!!!! Drinks before at Abracadbar
Saturday, March 19th ~ brunch at Olivia's
These all sound great!

Since we have a brunch reservation, I think Uber/Lyft might make the most sense.
I think this what we are going to do in April.

Is there anything better than that first vacation cocktail?
No! They are literally the best! It's like you can finally relax with that first drink!

Speaking of brunch, we are SO excited to finally try Wine Bar George!
I want to try Wine Bar George too!

Jock Lindsays, Polite Pig and Amorettes are on the list so far.
Jock Lindsays, and Polite Pig are solid choices in my book! You can get food at the bar at Homecomin' either inside or they have an outside window as well. We have gotten drinks and a slice of Hummingbird Cake taht way before. And we love the sliders as well.

HA! That's the spirit.
Right???
I don't think they are releasing Space 220 at the same time as regular dining. I am torn on Oga's. I really want to go but I am not sure we will feel comfortable inside. It looks like it is back to being fully packed in.
I feel exactly the same way. I kind of rolled the dice on Oga's when we were there on our August trip at the height of the Delta wave. And we were fine. But with Omicron being so much more contagious I don't know if I want to risk it. Even though we are both double vaxxed and boosted. Probably better to go to Baseline and sit on the patio.
These all sound great!
I am really happy with our ADRs, especially Flying Fish!!!!
No! They are literally the best! It's like you can finally relax with that first drink!
Yep......you can just feel that vacation glow!
You can get food at the bar at Homecomin' either inside or they have an outside window as well. We have gotten drinks and a slice of Hummingbird Cake taht way before. And we love the sliders as well.
So glad you mentioned this! I was wondering about the bar at Homecomin so am happy to know getting food and drinks there is a solid option! Thank you!

feel exactly the same way. I kind of rolled the dice on Oga's when we were there on our August trip at the height of the Delta wave. And we were fine. But with Omicron being so much more contagious I don't know if I want to risk it. Even though we are both double vaxxed and boosted. Probably better to go to Baseline and sit on the patio.
It's so hard to know what to do sometimes. The pull go go is strong but we have also been lucky enough to go a number of times. We are all double vaxxed and boosted minus Gwen who is only elligible for double vaxxed. So, I want to. I might make one for us, I can always cancel it.

We went for 2 day hopper tickets and are planning on taking advantage of the extended evening hours for deluxe resort guests. The advantage of being DVC members! :)

Definitely a good perk to being DVC. It seems like they are really trying to funnel people to break the bank and go for Deluxe if you are gonna stay on property. For DVC members it's amazing, but for the people that can only afford value, there doesn't seem to be that much benefit anymore to staying onsite...as much as I really love being "in the bubble" It will be great for you guys having only two park days you will be able to make the most of them.

We will hit up the festival booths for dinner this evening and looking forward to the menus being released at the end of February.

This is the best. The only down side to so few park days is not having enough stomach space to try enough of the food at the booths!

Following! We are headed there in April (staying at OKW) so I am excited to see your trip as I prepare for my own!

It's so hard to know what to do sometimes. The pull go go is strong but we have also been lucky enough to go a number of times. We are all double vaxxed and boosted minus Gwen who is only elligible for double vaxxed. So, I want to. I might make one for us, I can always cancel it.
Morgan has her booster too? Under 18's are not eligible for it in Canada. I think we are going to skip unless I see a big drop in Florida's case numbers.
For DVC members it's amazing, but for the people that can only afford value, there doesn't seem to be that much benefit anymore to staying onsite...as much as I really love being "in the bubble" It will be great for you guys having only two park days you will be able to make the most of them.
Believe me, the only way I can afford to stay deluxe anymore is that I bought into DVC. I do really love Coronado and would happily stay there if I wasn't travelling on points.
This is the best. The only down side to so few park days is not having enough stomach space to try enough of the food at the booths!
Right?? We will have to be strategic and plan on sharing a lot of items so we can try more!

Following! We are headed there in April (staying at OKW) so I am excited to see your trip as I prepare for my own!
Welcome! Thank you for joining in! I see from your siggie that you have stayed at OKW before. Any tips and tricks for navigating the resort?

We lucked out and got building 23 and LOVED that location! Not sure if you can request that area (near Hospitality House, it may be an upgrade you pay for? Not sure!) but I remember being close to multiple bus stations.

Morgan has her booster too? Under 18's are not eligible for it in Canada. I think we are going to skip unless I see a big drop in Florida's case numbers.
Yup! Newly boostered as of 2 weeks ago. US approved 13 and up a little while ago. Big news today was, 5 & under may be elligible end of month or early next month! Thankfully we are past that phase (for many reasons)

yeah, I will have to see case numbers as we get close to our date.

But with Omicron being so much more contagious I don't know if I want to risk it. Even though we are both double vaxxed and boosted. Probably better to go to Baseline and sit on the patio.

Yeah, it's going to be tough for my group to navigate the family politics around that. All the adults are double vexed and boosted, and the kids are double vaxxed (waiting on Canada to approve boosters for under 18s). But there is definitely a difference of opinion between various family members on the safety of eating indoors. If case counts are low enough, it shouldn't be a problem. But I will be disappointed if we end up deciding to cancel a bunch of ADRs because they are indoors.
Side note - maybe Kiddo can get a booster in Florida, since it's approved in the U.S.? I'm not sure if we'd want to risk the booster causing illness though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter