• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March?

Swilcox

Mouseketeer
Can someone please tell me what Disney World might me like during the first two weeks of March? Weather, crowds, etc..

I was there 3/4-3/11 in 2017. Sunny and warm during the day, but a little chilly at night for the first few days. After Thursday it was perfect weather, day or night. Crowds were fine. The longest line we waited in was maybe 45 minutes the whole week.

(apparently I don't know how to look at a calendar properly....fixed my dates)

Last edited:
FYI, Mardi Gras is 3/5 in 2019. It's been in mid/late Feb the last several years. It can be a somewhat higher crowd time as schools in the LA area have off the whole week and many folks choose WDW as a destination.

If you have a choice between those two weeks, I'd recommend the first week for lower crowds.

The second week of March is the start of spring break season, and it's the week that most Texas public schools have off for spring break. Consequently, it's typically one of the busiest weeks of spring break. However, the first week of March is a great time to go, as crowds will be much lower.

As people have said, this is tricky with Madrid Gras and spring break. I think you will always receive a lot responses based on people’s local calendars/experience. I recommend taking a look at (oops, can’t mention site). School calendar data is a big part of his analysis. (And fwiw, would recommend the 1st week.)

As for weather, it is usually pleasant but we have experienced anywhere from hot (90s) to cold snaps (upper 30s) with hats/gloves in the morning/night...

We always go the first 2 weeks of March as that's when our school break is. Weather wise we've experienced everything from hot down to very cool, to the point where pools were closed. I remember our first year going was during Mardi Gras, but all I remember is a lot of purple and gold, crowds have always felt the same. First week quieter than the second week.

With every week in March, the crowds creep up with more spring breaks and the weather warms up.

As others have said, the first week is the best, however, I don't think your visit would be altered much by any choice.

March is generally a great time to visit unless you are unlucky with the weather.

We have done the last week of March a few times, only when it doesn't include Easter, but this past March we did the first week. While crowds were for the most part okay, the weather was a little cool. I think if you will not be disappointed if not every day is a warm swimming day I think it is a great time to go.

We went during the 2nd week of March last year and it was pretty crowded. It was also chilly! I was wearing a sweater but that could've just been an off week.

Spring Break here (Texas) begins Saturday 9 March in 2019. I would be all in for sweater type weather in March!

We went this past March, well from 2/27 to 3/7. So we had the first week of March for the first time. The weather was nice for us, 70's. I guess it can be dicey for what March weather can be. I don't know, as it was our first March visit. We planned it after the Princess half marathon and before Spring Break, which worked out really well. The crowds were good, no complaints there. It does seem a little weird without all the holiday decorations, but it was nice to see Disney without all that for a change. We would definitely go back the first week of March again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter