Marching into March: Exercise Challenge!

Monday worked 15 min core with stability ball situps
Tuesday 75 min run/walk core with stability ball situps
Today 75 min hike core with stability ball situps

Love that the sun is showing its face a little nore here in the Pacific Northwet. :love:

New total 1545/1200

yesterday 40 minutes walking

960/1000

Thanks to everyone who replied to share how they fit in their exercise time - it gives us all some new ideas and is very inspiring! Also, congratulations to those who have already met their goal:goodvibes

An hour on the elliptical and an hour on the treadmill brings me to:

2100/2013 :upsidedow

This is another period where my fitness club cancels all aerobic classes for 10 days for "Spring Break". It is pretty disappointing because the two universities in town have a different Spring Break and lots of schools have already had theirs, too. Many people don't even have kids in school. The bottom line is that most of us understand that some teachers would like to vacation, however, I wish they would still have a modified class instead of canceling all of them. My two favorite teachers would love to teach. One works at the university and has no children, and the other one is pregnant with her first and works a full-time job. We just had 2 weeks off at Christmas :confused3 Anyway, can you tell that I had a less than stellar time on the elliptical?!? A gentleman got on the machine next to me and two minutes later decides to Skype and hold a very loud conversation. After a few glances his way and my inability to hear the TV through my headphones, I decided that he won and I should move. There are signs all over the gym prohibiting being on the phone while in the cardio & weight-lifting areas and asking people to go to the lobby or juice bar. GRRRR....some people are so clueless!! :mad: Sorry for the complaint I just had to get that off my chest and I know some of you can relate.

1450/1400 :)
Thanks!

Anyway, can you tell that I had a less than stellar time on the elliptical?!? A gentleman got on the machine next to me and two minutes later decides to Skype and hold a very loud conversation. After a few glances his way and my inability to hear the TV through my headphones, I decided that he won and I should move. There are signs all over the gym prohibiting being on the phone while in the cardio & weight-lifting areas and asking people to go to the lobby or juice bar. GRRRR....some people are so clueless!! :mad: Sorry for the complaint I just had to get that off my chest and I know some of you can relate.
I just cannot understand what is wrong with people???? I would have been livid. And I don't know about your gym, but at my gym the staff are so 'nice' that they don't ever say anything to anyone. Hope your next gym visit is better!:goodvibes

10 mins so far today, but more later (I hope!)

We got up to drive to the gym before work and... the door was locked. I guess someone didn't make their shift? :confused3 So we got creative at home and did body weight exercises on the hard wood floor. Ouch. But a good ten minutes and weights are a great way to start the day, I realized - you get a good burn, but without using a ton of energy. So that was something new that I learned! A bad thing -> a good thing.

So as a group we are at 74.89%... the next poster will put us into the teal zone at 75%!! Very exciting!!

I did 30 minutes of kettlebell today, so...

1000/1000! I made it! :dance3:

Awesome!! Right on the dot, too.

Thanks for sharing your routine with us. Your minutes and 4:30 wake up are inspirational! I'm sure my 9pm running habit wouldn't work for everyone either. That's why I love this exercise challenge thread- so many different and new ways to get in exercise!

Glad you had a good vacation!

Eep, 9pm? That's my bedtime!! :rotfl:

Also, thanks again to 2TXAgs for volunteering for next month! :worship:

Elliptical - 12
Stationary bike - 27
Tai Chi - 15

1048/600

I've never broken 800 before....

Wednesday:
Walk: 2 hours 26 minutes

Today:
Morning Run/Walk: 2 hours 31 minutes
Afternoon Walk: 40 minutes

Brings me to:
2773/3000

180 minutes cardio today
60 minutes of weights yesterday I forgot to add....

240 total

80 minutes total today (D4L1 of 30 Day Shred, walking and running)
Bringing me to 1335/1400

Hello, March March-ers!

I am really late to this party but, I am pretty excited about my progress this month. I've been setting my monthly exercise goal as 2000 minutes for the past year, trying to get ready for the PHM. Well, the PHM has come and gone [yay, I made it!]. Sometimes I made it to 2000, sometimes I didn't.

Now that my immediate goal has passed, will I continue to be as motivated to exercise?

Well, the answer is a happy yes! I did walk another half marathon in my city, since I was already trained so that helped a lot. I also joined a community center, recently built near my home. It opened at the end of February and I have been checking out all they have to offer in the way of exercise options. I tried out the elliptical and managed not to fall off. I've also tried their fitness classes -- weight training, spinning, Zumba, kickboxing -- whoa, I've been busy! And I've loved it.

I checked my stats, recorded via Endomondo and my grand total for the month is....2407 minutes!

Anyway, this is a big triumph from this former [and still] couch potato. I hope I can keep up this momentum.

And, congratulations to everyone for a job well done!

45 min run. Testing out new shoes, my least favorite kind of run...

845/800

Which ones and how'd it go?:goodvibes

Hello, March March-ers!

I am really late to this party but, I am pretty excited about my progress this month. I've been setting my monthly exercise goal as 2000 minutes for the past year, trying to get ready for the PHM. Well, the PHM has come and gone [yay, I made it!]. Sometimes I made it to 2000, sometimes I didn't.

Now that my immediate goal has passed, will I continue to be as motivated to exercise?

Well, the answer is a happy yes! I did walk another half marathon in my city, since I was already trained so that helped a lot. I also joined a community center, recently built near my home. It opened at the end of February and I have been checking out all they have to offer in the way of exercise options. I tried out the elliptical and managed not to fall off. I've also tried their fitness classes -- weight training, spinning, Zumba, kickboxing -- whoa, I've been busy! And I've loved it.

I checked my stats, recorded via Endomondo and my grand total for the month is....2407 minutes!

Anyway, this is a big triumph from this former [and still] couch potato. I hope I can keep up this momentum.

Wow, wow, and WOW!:cool1: And there's nothing wrong with being a PART-TIME couch potato. After those usually killer long mileage runs on Saturday mornings, I turn into the world's biggest sloth!:lmao:

3/28 - last training run before my next Half, 37 minutes
walk-23 minutes

1259/1400

After today's walk and PT, and tomorrow's race, looks like I'll squeak in this month's minutes. Congrats to everyone! Even if you didn't hit your goal, you still got off the couch, and that's all that matters!:cool1:

Hello, March March-ers!

Congratulations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter