Mardi Gras - Discount Food Card

Long Beach Mike

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone!

Family (DW and DDs 15 and 16) is travelling to Universal in a couple days, April 18-26, staying at CB and SF 4 nights each. I'd like to purchase some of the Mardi Gras discounted food cards and have a few questions:

1) I'd like to head over to the parks the night we get there and purchase them to use for the whole trip. What parks are they available to purchase in and where can you purchase them? I'm assuming you can purchase them at the Mardi Gras food stands, but just want to make sure. Is there any other place to purchase them, say the travel desk at the onsite hotels you can get your annual pass from?

2) Has anyone been there recently and seen they are still selling them? I'm hoping they haven't run out since they are at the tail end of Mardi Gras.

3) Besides snacks and grab and go, we usually do a sit down dinner each night. Which restaurants can they be used in? Can they be used at all of the City Walk restaurants? How about restaurants at the hotels? FYI, places we will be eating include Mama Della's, Vivo's, Cowfish, Anojitos, Bob Marley's and Margaritaville, as well as a lunch or 2 at Jake's and likely Strongwater Tavern.

4) How much do the cards cost?

4) We have the preferred season pass. Are we able to "stack" this deal so that we get the discount from the Mardi Gras food card and our preferred pass food discount?

Sorry for all the questions! It's just seems like this could be a great chance to save some $, especially after completely going over budget on our 2 week trip just 3 months ago :)

Cheers!

We have purchased them on two separate recent trips and they are a great deal! We got several $150 cards for $120 each. I believe the other choice is a $75 card for $65. We only found them at Studios, like you said, at the Mardi Gras booths. We ended up not using the lanyard it came with because the plastic sleeve didn’t look that durable/secure.

We were able to use them everywhere except hotels. So Jake’s, Strong Water etc, you won’t be able to use them. The only park place that we were denied was Honeydukes while getting fudge. They explained they can’t accept them because they also sold merchandise which was understandable.

All of the Citywalk restaurants, counter services in the parks and anywhere that sold Butterbeer, we had success with.

You can still use your AP discount when purchasing food and drink when using the Mardi Gras cards (for those places that accept AP discount). Also, the cards do not expire. We are planning on using the remaining balance on our card during an upcoming trip which will be after Mardi Gras.

Last edited:
Thanks so much, wdwrule! Did you use them at any of the City Walk restaurants, and if so did it all go smoothly?

Thanks so much, wdwrule! Did you use them at any of the City Walk restaurants, and if so did it all go smoothly?
Yes: Toothsome, Vivo, NBC Grill and all went smoothly. It’s just like using a general gift card. So when you get your bill, you’ll just give them your Mardi Gras card and your AP card.

Enjoy!! 😃

Wish we'd bought a couple more, since they don't expire. Ended up with 2 of the $150 cards, for 120 each. Bought at the Mardi Gras food booths only. Used ours at Cowfish, and all the food booths, and Finnegans. Agree on the lanyard they give, it's more open. Sometimes I kept it in there, but preferred our own lanyard that could actually close. Also used AP discount on the food purchases.
Did have 1 issue at the Hopping pot with their card reader. Not sure if it was just the night we went , or what, but it wouldn't take the gift card. otherwise no issues.
Was a great deal, and since we hope to be back in June, regret not getting more!

Last edited:
Get as many as you can! Great deal. We ended up purchasing four of the $120 to get $150 ones. Meant to buy additional before we left for our next trip but totally forgot! D’oh!!

You can get your AP discount when you buy something with them, not in the card purchase.

Just wanted to add besides Toothsome, we used our Mardi Gras discounted gift cards at Cowfish and Margarittaville at City Walk. They do work at Starbucks in the Parks, I did not try SB at City Walk. It was great being able to use the discounted food gift cards with our AP discount. We still have part of one left for next trip ( they don’t expire). We bought 5 total of the $150 cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter