Mardi Gras float riding virtual queue

Chi35364

Earning My Ears
we missed the APH booking window and all slots are sold out for float riding

We will be trying the virtual queue for 1st time. I know u need to be onsite but does anyone know what time the VQ opens up to join?

Do we need to be in park or would staying at a resort like RPR be close enough to join VQ?

we missed the APH booking window and all slots are sold out for float riding

We will be trying the virtual queue for 1st time. I know u need to be onsite but does anyone know what time the VQ opens up to join?

Do we need to be in park or would staying at a resort like RPR be close enough to join VQ?
We were there Saturday night… first day of Mardi Gras. Possibly because it was the first night, they were having a glitch in the app. Long story short, we were told to be near Animal Actors pavilion around 5:15 for those hoping for VQ. They ended up dropping some virtual queue spots (which they announce) around 6:45 for the 7:45 parade. They dropped several more spots after every few minutes. The procedure and location in the app was different from last year. Not sure if this was because it was the first night or if this is the system moving forward. So technically, you could probably secure a spot with some luck anywhere on property through the app but it’s better to physically be at Animal Actors because they will yell out exactly when they’re dropping the spots.

One of the changes this year is the location in the app of what you’ll click on for virtual queue. It used to be located in the Rides section where you’d see wait times. This year you’ll click on Parade info (on the home page, Mardi Gras section) and then Mardi Gras Parade once they make the announcement. I’ll include a pic of what we clicked on:IMG_1806.jpeg

Again, I’m not sure if this change was because they were experiencing a glitch that night or if this is permanent for this season. Good luck!!

Good to know - did not realize there was a VQ. I thought it was all meal packages.

With all the "influencers" there trying to be first to post ID expect first night would be tough.

I was lucky enough to get an AP spot, but I am not thrilled with it. Hopefully I can get a VQ spot one of the nights so I don't have to pay the $85 (less AP discount).

Good to know - did not realize there was a VQ. I thought it was all meal packages.

With all the "influencers" there trying to be first to post ID expect first night would be tough.

I was lucky enough to get an AP spot, but I am not thrilled with it. Hopefully I can get a VQ spot one of the nights so I don't have to pay the $85 (less AP discount).
Yes we were extremely fortunate to snag a virtual queue spot after several rounds of drops, especially for the first night. Even got on the Gator float! 😃

We were there Saturday night… first day of Mardi Gras. Possibly because it was the first night, they were having a glitch in the app. Long story short, we were told to be near Animal Actors pavilion around 5:15 for those hoping for VQ. They ended up dropping some virtual queue spots (which they announce) around 6:45 for the 7:45 parade. They dropped several more spots after every few minutes. The procedure and location in the app was different from last year. Not sure if this was because it was the first night or if this is the system moving forward. So technically, you could probably secure a spot with some luck anywhere on property through the app but it’s better to physically be at Animal Actors because they will yell out exactly when they’re dropping the spots.

One of the changes this year is the location in the app of what you’ll click on for virtual queue. It used to be located in the Rides section where you’d see wait times. This year you’ll click on Parade info (on the home page, Mardi Gras section) and then Mardi Gras Parade once they make the announcement. I’ll include a pic of what we clicked on:View attachment 831839

Again, I’m not sure if this change was because they were experiencing a glitch that night or if this is permanent for this season. Good luck!!

Thanks so much for the information! I was looking all over the app trying to find the virtual queue with no luck. We arrive Saturday and would love to get on a float one of our nights. It's only our second time at Mardi Gras and our first time we didn't even realize float riding for just regular guests was a thing. I'm glad you were able to get on a float, and crossing my fingers that it works out for us as well!

Thanks for this thread. I might try for a spot when we're there in a few weeks.
Anyone do a solo ride? wondering how much time you're waiting around for loading, etc. Not sure DS will want to do this. I might talk him into it, but doubtful, so might just be me .How much time commitment is it? I've always wanted to be on a Mardi Gras float! (born/raised in South Louisiana, and grew up going to the parades every year.)

Thanks for this thread. I might try for a spot when we're there in a few weeks.
Anyone do a solo ride? wondering how much time you're waiting around for loading, etc. Not sure DS will want to do this. I might talk him into it, but doubtful, so might just be me .How much time commitment is it? I've always wanted to be on a Mardi Gras float! (born/raised in South Louisiana, and grew up going to the parades every year.)
It is a bit of a time commitment. The VQ usually opens up at least an hour before the actual parade time. Once you secure a spot, you’ll get checked in and given a smock/costume. Then you’ll sit in the bleachers inside the Animal Actors area. They usually have a pep rally type ordeal. During this time you can exit to use the restrooms nearby or if you need a drink/snack nearby but need to stay in the vicinity. Once the parade starts, I think it’s about 30-45 minutes then parking again and return costumes while on your float. All in all, I feel like from waiting to get a spot to exiting the event, it was a couple of hours. People with the Ride and Dine reservations had a longer time because they were checked in before virtual queue dropped.

Last edited:

So we were there over the weekend and were not successful in getting a spot using the VQ, and this was on Sunday during Superbowl. I was thinking due to light crowds it would be easy.

It's basically a free-4-all. You have to wait by the entrace about an 1.5hrs before the parade start. Than you have to wait for them to announce over a microphone the dropping of tickets through the VQ app. In our case it was around 50 tickets. There was over 100 or so people hanging around the area.

It's essentially a refresh war and who is fast to the trigger. I got to the point to secure the spot but my fingers or connection wasn't fast enough I guess.

I think Universal is moving to the Ride and Dine paid feature. Looked like alot of those people checking in. I wouldn't be surprised if in future that would be only way to ride?

So we were there over the weekend and were not successful in getting a spot using the VQ, and this was on Sunday during Superbowl. I was thinking due to light crowds it would be easy.

It's basically a free-4-all. You have to wait by the entrace about an 1.5hrs before the parade start. Than you have to wait for them to announce over a microphone the dropping of tickets through the VQ app. In our case it was around 50 tickets. There was over 100 or so people hanging around the area.

It's essentially a refresh war and who is fast to the trigger. I got to the point to secure the spot but my fingers or connection wasn't fast enough I guess.

I think Universal is moving to the Ride and Dine paid feature. Looked like alot of those people checking in. I wouldn't be surprised if in future that would be only way to ride?
Yeah - I feel ride and dine is the only way to guarantee it. I also heard getting 1 or 2 is easier than 3 or more. So if yo u have a group you all may want to try to get 2 spots, it might work out better.

Even with an AP there are limited spots and you have to be home when the email drops or you probable wont get an AP
spot.

I don't think they will ever get rid of the VQ,, but they will sell as many ride and dines as they can and the VQ will just get what's left, even if its only 2 or 3 spots..

So I was able to do this three times over the last 5 days.
So Friday I had the AP one booked.
Saturday I was not able to get a spot - very few available.
Sunday I did not try.
Monday - there were a good amount of spots and I got one about an hour before the parade.
Tuesday - there were a ton of spots available and they started dropping them without an announcement around 5PM. There were multiple drops for about 20 minutes.

So if you want to do this - and I highly recommend it - its a lot of fun - get there about an hour and fifteen minutes before the parade and start checking the virtual que. Once it showed up a kept clicking it back and forth until a time shows up. You have to be quick and select a time and them submit it.
There will be a bunch of people waiting around the animal actors area doing the same thing - so you will see when they start getting spots - and they go quick.
It seemed like the spots all dropped just before they made the announcement so don't count on the announcement.

Also check to see if its available to book with a meal - if its not then there are going to be very few spots available - I think one night they only dropped 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter