Mardi Gras Parade

dreamer

Mouseketeer
I'm getting mixed answers so I thought I'd ask you , the pro's! Will there be the nightly Mardi Gras Parades during the week of Feb. 18th like they had last year? I'm not so concerned about he big headliner concerts on the weekends, just the floats. TIA

Good question!!! looks i will have to check when i go 1/26:smooth:

Mardi Gras will be only on Friday and Saturday nights during February and most of March. Therefore there will not be a parade February 17th to 21.

This is getting more confusing. I even called HRH ressies today and they read a statement that said there would be parades nightly starting in early Feb, yet the ticket dept said the same thing that MKPcm stated. Which is correct?

If you called Universal room only reservations, they are somewhere in Canada, I am in Orlando.

For the first six weeks Mardi Gras is Friday and Saturday only and the last two weeks it will be everyday for a total of 33 days. The weekends are more popular than midweek and this is a way to extend the event so more people can enjoy it.

This is turning into a bummer for us! Last year there was a nightly parade during Presidents Week and it was crowded! Do you think this is a cutback due to the economy?

I call it ramping up to a mainstay event in a different fashion so it is unpredictable and more fun wiith something to look froward to as it comes to a close:smooth:

Eloquently put MIB, but we are still disappointed. Hopefully all those travelling over Easter Break will enjoy the finale...

My thought is that the website hasn't been updated to their new thinking on the subject. I say this because the AP newsletter that I just got has almost the exact same wording, but instead of "nightly" it says "select nights" and they've left out "every night there will be...." and it just talks about the Sat. concerts. I think they're just leaving their options open.
I really believe that Presidents week they'll end up having the parade etc. during the week...it's a busy week and I can't see them missing the "float" on that (pardon the intentional pun). But if business isn't what they're hoping, then they haven't committed to anything!;)

We'll see...but those are my thoughts...

Karen

The parade will occur thru all of February on Friday with the parade starting in New York section. And on saturday starting in Amity. THERE WILL BE NO PARADES SUNDAY THRU THURSDAY DURING THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY. House band will perform on friday and the special entertainment will perform on Saturday.
Starting in March the parade is suppose to occur everyday. How they will mix up the start point of the parade route in march i do not know. :smooth:

Thank you for the schedule. We're going to stay at the HRH on 2/21 and then stay late on that Friday to catch the parade! Ordered passes today now all I have to do is find the New York section!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter