Mardi Gras

dcwesley

Earning My Ears
My sister and I will be visiting WDW Feb 26-March 2. Neither of us have been to Pleasure Island before; we thought we would go, perhaps Wednesday night (feb 26)(attempting to miss the crowds.)

Now I see Mardi Gras is Feb 28, March 1, and March 4.

How differnt is Mardi Gras? And how does it impact the crowds?

Should we stick witho ur plan to visit Wednesday so we can enjoy Pleaseure Island with lighter crowds, or is Mardi Gras an experience not to be missed?

If we should go to mardi Gras is one night better than another?

Thanks!

Still hoping someone can give us some insight into what Mardi Gras at PI means in the way of crowds, and how it is differeent than a regular trip to PI.

Thanks!

sorry I have no info on the mardi gras thing but I'll give you a bump back to the top.

We celebrated Mardi Gras at PI a few years ago, and will be there again for Mardi Gras this year. I'm not sure if Friday, Saturday, or Tuesday would be better, as we were there on Fat Tuesday. The crowd was only slightly larger than what we have found on regular week days. There was a Mardi Gras parade with the people on the floats tossing beads etc. We had a real good time that night, the band that year was Crawdaddio who I'm fairly sure is the band for this year. They were real good.

I would guess Friday and Saturday would be more crowded with locals but not to sure. We always hit PI on a week night.:jester:

I will be there from Feb 26-March 1. Will the crowds at the parks be bad for Mardi Gras? This is my first time coming this time of the year.
Julie

Lots of folks from Louisiana go to WDW at Mardi Gras because the kids have 3 additional days off Sat thru Wed. However this is only kids in 3 cities so the crowds are NOT not large.

Also, Universal puts on a pretty authentic Mardi Gras parade at the end of each evening .

PI Mardi Gras is not the Mardi Gras we know in New Orleans. It's a few mini (mini) floats and costumers on stilts (sp). They do toss beads and doubloons but that it. Oh it tends to get crowded like Canal Street as the parade is passing. But it is something to see at least once. Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter