Marie and Steve's 2007 Florida Holiday

Thanks for the offer - i honestly don't know what i would ask. I'm not too concerned about the specifics of the resort - i just want to know about the beauty of the place and whether it will be as special as it seems. I like to try and imagine myself in places!!! I may have to bombard you with questions!!!!!!

No worries, Marie, I have sent you a PM.

Laur's princess:

I have failed to mention so far that it is my birthday whilst we are on holiday (Friday 8th June)

Hi

Just wanted to say that's my birthday too :woohoo: thought am slightly older :cheer2:

I have just come back from 2 weeks in Florida. It's wonderful (hate flying but the place is magical).

I always do something speical on my birthday with my DH but have never been to Magic Kingdom on it !!! WOW!!! Now I want to.

However, with 3 DDs we can't take them out of school to go on holiday so it will have to wait until they've all flown the nest.

Have a wonderful trip, happy birthday too!

Hi

Just wanted to say that's my birthday too :woohoo: thought am slightly older :cheer2:

I have just come back from 2 weeks in Florida. It's wonderful (hate flying but the place is magical).

I always do something speical on my birthday with my DH but have never been to Magic Kingdom on it !!! WOW!!! Now I want to.

However, with 3 DDs we can't take them out of school to go on holiday so it will have to wait until they've all flown the nest.

Have a wonderful trip, happy birthday too!

Wow! happy joint birthday. party: I think you're the first person that i have spoken to that shares my birthday!!

I'm so jealous that you have had your trip - it is killing me having to wait - 5 weeks seems like an eternity.

I really can't decide on how to spend my birthday - we did magic kingdom last year but it was a bit wasted as i think it was possibly the hottest day ever!! we didn't really enjoy ourselves so we gave up after a couple of hours!! Thanks to the DIS i know better now!!

I hope you have a lovely day toopixiedust:

Wow! happy joint birthday. party: I think you're the first person that i have spoken to that shares my birthday!!

I hope you have a lovely day toopixiedust:

Ditto! I've not met anyone with the same birthday either.

Happy birthday. You will have a wonderful time - you will be in FLORIDA!!!! :love: Can't think of a better place to be on a birthday.

I'd rather be in your shoes waiting for the holiday. Afterwards it's back to work, housework, life just doesn't seem that full without the Disney magic :wizard:

Another thing we have in common - my DH is also called Steve. If we'd had the same name and you'd had kids etc then I'd start to think freaky :scared1: hee hee :rotfl2:

Have a wonderful trip
Vicki

Ditto! I've not met anyone with the same birthday either.

Happy birthday. You will have a wonderful time - you will be in FLORIDA!!!! :love: Can't think of a better place to be on a birthday.

I'd rather be in your shoes waiting for the holiday. Afterwards it's back to work, housework, life just doesn't seem that full without the Disney magic :wizard:

Another thing we have in common - my DH is also called Steve. If we'd had the same name and you'd had kids etc then I'd start to think freaky :scared1: hee hee :rotfl2:

Have a wonderful trip
Vicki

I think this is something for the twighlight zone:lmao: :lmao:

Maybe i do have the same name and kids....................... or maybe not!!!!!

I can see what you mean about the anticipation being a bit better than the memories of past trips. I have to admit that it did kill me when we got back last year and realised that getting up and visiting Magic Kingdom was not possible i was not a happy bunny!!!!

Hopefully you will have a trip soon so that you can join in the excitement.

Thank you for the well wishes:goodvibes

It may seem odd to be posting details about a shopping trip in Ireland on this trip report but... for once....it actually makes sense to tell you.

There was one purpose for this little outing...........holiday clothes shopping.:banana: :banana: :banana:

We've lived in Northern Ireland for 2 years now and my DH has never been to Dublin. We've always talked about going but, it has never happened. This year we decided that this was the perfect opportunity.

The plan was this:

Pop into Belfast to pay for our park tickets (cutting it a bit fine with only four weeks until we leave but still.....)
Drive to Dublin from Belfast
Shop Shop Shop Shop

Next Day

Belfast for more shopping (to fill in any gaps!)

As you all know we have been very lucky over the last couple of weeks and had some very unprecented weather. There has been actual sun and blue sky over Northern Ireland.::laughing:

Once you have picked yourself up off the floor and are looking at the screen again we will continue.........................................:)

There has been actual sun and blue sky over Northern Ireland.::laughing:

I don't believe a word of it - blue sky and sun, surely it rained half an hour later though ;) Seriously, I'm jealous - out of 18 months spent at Aldergrove, I think I could count the sunny days on 1 hand. We never made it to Dublin at all :sad2:

I don't believe a word of it - blue sky and sun, surely it rained half an hour later though ;) Seriously, I'm jealous - out of 18 months spent at Aldergrove, I think I could count the sunny days on 1 hand. We never made it to Dublin at all :sad2:

It's true!! I promise:)

Although we are back to the usual rain again now

The day dawned bright and sunny (honest! i'm not lying!!) The birds were singing and lambs were frolicing. This was the day i had been waiting for............shopping for my holiday.

It is a day we have been looking forward to for 2 reasons;

1) We have not had a penny to spend all year as we have been saving for the upcoming trip like mad people

2) It marks the milestone of... tickets paid for, one month to go until FLORIDA!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

I am beyond excited:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

We had errands to run before the drive to Dublin. The holiday needed to be paid for so a detour through Belfast was in order. After a quick stop at Thomsons for payment and some Euros we were on our way.

The drive down to Dublin was pretty uneventful, the dark clouds seemed to roll in with purpose (Rain on Marie... Rain on Marie....) My lovely sunny day disappeared!!!

We shopped till my feet ached ( i am now able to almost fill my suitcase and i haven't put any of my old clothes in yet!!) Ate lunch in a beautiful restaurant - i can't remember the name but it is at the end of O'Connell street and it has a glass and gold lift outside.

We had a great day.

Sorry this one is so short and sweet but, there isn't a lot to tell. Plus i forgot the camera so i have no photos. I promise the actual holiday trip report will be alot bigger.....................

A successful shopping trip - and the rain held off (I'm impressed). You're warming up nicely now for the 'real thing' - we will be expecting lots of pictures and details ;)

I agree witht he others by the way - defintiely do Crystal Palace for breakfast - the puffed french toast is lovely - me and DH are going in August just for that (well, I am anyway :rotfl: )

A successful shopping trip - and the rain held off (I'm impressed). You're warming up nicely now for the 'real thing' - we will be expecting lots of pictures and details ;)

I agree witht he others by the way - defintiely do Crystal Palace for breakfast - the puffed french toast is lovely - me and DH are going in August just for that (well, I am anyway :rotfl: )

The rain didn't hold off for long unfortunately:mad: :mad: :mad: It's back with a vengence. Roll on new posting:cool1: :cool1:

I was planning to go to Crystal Palace for my birthday but it looks like the morning may have to be left open - DH has been asking all sorts of questions about room service and spa's and what kinds of treatments do people like. Fingers crossed i might be getting a bit of a pamper:angel: :angel:

Hi Marie
just came across your thread this morning we too are going 1st june flying into sanford from glasgow and arrive at around 1.30 pm so will look out for you.We are staying off site 6 nights cypress pointe and 8 nights country inn and suites LBV .....Glad to find someone as excited as i am !!!!
Lorraine

Hi Marie
just came across your thread this morning we too are going 1st june flying into sanford from glasgow and arrive at around 1.30 pm so will look out for you.We are staying off site 6 nights cypress pointe and 8 nights country inn and suites LBV .....Glad to find someone as excited as i am !!!!
Lorraine

I honestly can't beleive how excited i am getting - i thought it was bad last year but now i know what to expect i can picture myself places and that makes it worse (but in a good way)

You won't be able to miss us in the airport - i'll be bouncing around so much everyone will probably notice me!! Hopefully i'll see you there. have a magical time:pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter