Marrakesh review and F&W

i<3Disney

Wants to live in the 80's, marry Clive Owen, and m
I dined with 3 friends at Restaurant Marrakesh yesterday (10/8/06) and thought I'd write a quick review.

We showed up with no ADR around noon and were seated immediately on the top tier. There were only 4-5 tables full at the time so it was quiet and relaxing.

After we were looking over the menu, the waiter brought us some water and bread. I don't remember the waiter's name but I do remember it was his first day. The bread was really warm and very good. We requested 2 orders more while we were waiting for our meals. The wait for our couscous seemed extremely long since there were only a few tables full but we sat and talked and were not too bothered by it since we had the bread to keep us company.

Finally our food is here! We had couscous all around (2 veggie, 1 lamb, 1 chicken) and everyone was happy. I noticed that the couscous had a thicker red sauce on it than previous trips but it didnt keep me from devouring it. My friend who ordered the lamb literally ate everything except for the bone, he loved it. I didn't taste it since I'm vegetarian but he said it was excellent. My friend who ordered the other veggie coucous was also happy with hers but stopped eating altogether when the belly dancer came out so she could take some video. By the time the belly dancer was gone, her food was cold :crazy: My friend who ordered the chicken couscous thought that the chicken was very good and ate a lot of the couscous but also agreed that the red sauce was a little off this time. We make a lot of couscous in our apartment and agree this is way better than anything you can buy in a box. Overall, still a great experience as usual and we'll be back.

Side note: By the time we left around 1:30, the restaurant was half full but still not packed. The belly dancer came out around 12:30 or so.

Other dining reviews:

India F&W booth's Vegetable Curry: :thumbsup2 Really surprised by this since I shy away from anything that says "curry". It wasn't strongly flavored but had a nice something to it. It had a mix of all kinds of veggies in a little cup over rice. The veggies were better than the rice..it seemed a little undercooked but I also caught them at a very busy time so that could have been the reason.

Mexico F&W booth's Chicken/Chorizo Quesadilla: :thumbsup2 I didn't taste it but it was devoured by those who ate it. By the looks of it, it's one of the best deals at the F&W because it's packed with chicken, chorizo and cheese.

China F&W booth's Pork Potstickers: :confused3 2 of my friends were visiting from China so they were curious as to what they were passing off as chinese food at the booth. They said they were pretty greasy and just not good at all. :sad2:

Canada F&W booth Cheddar Cheese Soup and Ice Wine: :thumbsup2 The cheese soup was eaten before I even got a look at it. I had the ice wine. I don't really understand why I keep ordering this dabble of wine year after year for 4.75 esp. when I think it tastes like very thick apple juice.

Mickey Bar Ice Cream: The first-timers just had to get a Mickey Bar and they were gone quickly. A traditional treat on a hot day :thumbsup2

Loverboy cancelled the show at 5:45 (we were waiting for quite a bit so this annoyed us!) and I don't know if they did their shows later that evening.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks so much for posting, heading out on a couple of weeks so its good to get a few pointers. For the record I didn't love ice wine either, nearly gave me toothache :teeth:

Thanks for the reviews, sounds like you had a nice time, even with out loverboy...

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the reviews ... the bread at Marrakesh was my favorite thing there. Our waiter told us they eat it for breakfast at home; I don't blame them!

Thank you so much for the review!!! We have a reservation at Marrakesh in about 2 weeks. I haven't eaten there for 10 yrs. and am a little nervous as Le Cellier seems to be the hot spot these days! It's so hard to choose just one EP restaurant!

Thanks for sharing - we are doing a F&W pairing at Marakesh next week so it's good to hear positive things about them. And I really can't wait to hit those food booths!

BTW - I see you're a Mets fan...so all in good fun I must say, Go Cards! ;)
It's shaping up to be an interesting series.

Thanks again for the reviews - I think I may send my parents to dine at Marrakesh one night while the hubby and I devour the seas at Blue Zoo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter