• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marrakesh-Yummy!

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
I wanted to post a review of this restaurant, as it seems to get little respect from quite a few people. Let me also say that we had to drag my sister's kids there for dinner, as they were very tired and just wanted to have pasta in our villa's kitchen.

We loved this place! My 15 yr old nephew and I both had the steak kabobs, and they were nummy! The steak was so tender I could cut it with a fork. My nephew kept saying how good his was and how he also loved the rice that comes with it. My brother in law had lamb, and judging by how fast he ate it, it was very good as well. My sister had the chicken kabobs, and while I liked my sample ;) I did prefer the steak. And my sister's 11 yr old daughter said that her hamburger was good too. The only person disappointed was my 6 yr old niece, who had the kids pasta. And I think that was mostly from watching the rest of us enjoy our beef and chicken.

We are tentatively planning a trip next year, and my nephew has already requested that if we go back, we make an ADR for Marakeesh. So don't ignore this jewel of a restaurant. We won't!

Thanks for the positive review -- we've got ADR's here in December for the Candlelight Processional. We're looking forward to it.

We ate there for the first time last Christmas Eve and just loved it. We had the Berber feast. One of the best meals we've had. We'll be making an ADR there for our 2007 trip!!

I am planning to make ressies for our trip in March- not certain on the day yet- hope I'm not too late?

What did you think of the "show"? I have read that there are belly dancers? :banana: I think my son and his friends would enjoy the food, atmosphere, and the "show"!

Thanks!

We went there for the 1st time last month and loved it! The show was pretty entertaining, especially when she pulled a teenage boy from the audience and they danced together! He was trooper!

We also loved Marrakesh - it was my picky meat-eating son's favourite restaurant and the belly dancer was the highlight of my husband's week. We all really enjoyed it - and that was after worrying like mad because of the bad reviews here. The lamb shanks were delicious and we finished nearly all the baklava without any problem. I'd definitely recommend it. The service was brilliant too.

We have been eating at Marrakesh--and enjoying it immensely for years! It's a real hidden gem. Thanks for the great review!

I ate there on my last trip. I had the Night in Casablanca platter. It was delicious!! I would go there agin.

I agree this is a great restaurant. I love the brewat rolls!

I'm glad to hear it! My DH loves Moroccan food, so I made an ADR there for his b-day. We used to have a great Moroccan place we went to when we lived in a city, and miss it! I don't know if the kids will like it or not, but they'll survive!

DH and I are not what I'd call "adventurous eaters" but we both LOVED Marrakesh and plan on dining there again in February! :thumbsup2

In case anyone is curious, here are what our meals looked like last spring. We were there for lunch:

P1010312.JPG

P1010314.JPG

P1010315.JPG

P1010316.JPG

P1010321.JPG

Patches said:
Looks yummy! What is it called, and what is in it? Thanks!

It's called "Crepes Atlas" which is apple crepes with cinnamon, topped with ice cream and almonds. :)

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter