Marriage cert, is it really needed?

dzneprincess

This page intentionally left blank
I seem to remember reading that one needs an original birth certificate, picture id, and if a married woman a marriage certificate? I don't remember having to take that the last time we cruised, and was just wondering if it is truly needed. I called my mother today to tell her not to forget that she needs these items, and she informed me that when she went to Mexico last year she did not need a marriage certificate. Anyone know?

PSST that title is for you BD to do with as you please

Your valid picture driver's license and birth certificate are sufficient as the birthdates will match up. Marriage certificate is unnecessary. Of course, a U.S. Passport is the other acceptable identification.

We sailed on the June 28th Eastern Caribbean Magic and DCL didn't ask for more than a driver's license and a photo ID.

Surprisingly enough, New Jersey (where I live) does not require you to have a photo ID drivers license, so I was able to get on the ship with a regular license and a photo ID from Sam's Club.

At first they were resistant, but when I told them that NJ doesn't require a photo ID DL they were surprised, but accommodating.

I wouldn't worry about a marriage certificate.

PTR

I've brought our marriage certificate for our first 3 cruises and was never asked to see it. We then got passports and since that has my married name didn't bother.

Like Mary I brought my marrige certificate on our first three cruises and noone wanted to see it. It will stay home this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter