Marriott Grande Vista Questions???

TwoAtDisney

Julie
We booked online - DH & I. Got a 1 bedroom villa. But have lots of questions & figure this is the place to get answers.

If anyone has any advice to offer, we would appreciate it.

Should I call & ask for a certain building?
We would like close to dining & front desk area.
Must have an elevator if not placed on ground floor (do all have elevators?).
Would be nice to be somewhat close to our car. Are the lots close?
Prefer to be on a lower floor.
Do some buildings have newer/nicer furnishings?
Note - I did ask for a low floor & near an elevator.

Onsite Dining - We got a $30 per day food credit (total, not per person). We have dinner reservations at WDW for every night of our stay. That leaves snacks, breakfast or lunch (we won't eat 3 meals a day).
Are all the onsite choices expensive & more than $30 day (total) for 2 adults?
Is there a breakfast buffet for about $15 per adult?
We'd like to stay within the $30 day - what are our onsite options?

Are there any fees/charges that I might not be aware of?

Do the units have washers & dryers?

Is housekeeping provided? Daily?

Thanks in advance. Julie

We booked online - DH & I. Got a 1 bedroom villa. But have lots of questions & figure this is the place to get answers.

If anyone has any advice to offer, we would appreciate it.

Should I call & ask for a certain building?
We would like close to dining & front desk area.
Must have an elevator if not placed on ground floor (do all have elevators?).
Would be nice to be somewhat close to our car. Are the lots close?
Prefer to be on a lower floor.
Do some buildings have newer/nicer furnishings?

Onsite Dining - We got a $30 per day food credit (total, not per person). We have dinner reservations at WDW for every night of our stay. That leaves snacks, breakfast or lunch (we won't eat 3 meals a day).
We'd like to stay within the $30 day - what are our onsite options?

Are there any fees/charges that I might not be aware of?

Do the units have washers & dryers?

Is housekeeping provided? Daily?

Thanks in advance. Julie

Marriott Grande Vista is sort of sprawled around its golf course. I would get on the phone and make sure you get a room very close to the clubhouse, otherwise you may have a long walk or have to drive to the clubhouse.

It has been a couple years since I was there, but the onsite restaurant was very pricey and didn't have anything I wanted anyway. There is an onsite pizza hut, not sure if that counts for your dining credit. Breakfast is $22pp.

You will have to use the onsite laundromat.

There is no housekeeping included and your car should be close to your unit. Usually you can pay extra for housecleaning.

Yes, there are elevators.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcogv-marriotts-grande-vista/

If you got a one bedroom villa, rather than a studio, then there is a washer/dryer in your unit, as well as a starter pack of powdered Tide. You also will have a full kitchen.

It is a huge resort, so I'd suggest looking up a map of the resort to see where you'd like to be close to.

If you booked through Marriott, rather than renting from an owner, then you will get daily housekeeping (and they'll replenish what you need as far as toiletries and laundry soap, or you can ask them if you see a housekeeper). Owners using their week (or getaways from II, or renting from an owner) do not get housekeeping.

Whenever we've stayed there, we never ate at any of their places. I'd call and see what you can use the credit on, or if it can be used in the Marketplace (like a little general store) for grocery items or grab & go items. Or wine?

Since the units open directly to the outside, I prefer a high floor. It helps cut down on things like leaves blowing in as well as bugs, which of course happen everywhere in Florida (we were on the top floor last time and did get one of those Palmetto bugs but luckily we were leaving!). There are elevators so it's easy to get up & down. They also have luggage carts in every building, so if you go to the store it's easy to bring your groceries up to your room.

Click here to get the current resort map. It's not drawn exactly to scale but it'll give you a good idea of where everything is located.

Should I call & ask for a certain building? I'd suggest that you do that. You might be wise to provide them with two or three building numbers that you think would work for you. The resort telephone number is 407-238-7676.
We would like close to dining & front desk area. Building 80 is the building that's closest to the front desk area (check in area is actually the lower front part of building 80), not sure if there are 1 bedroom villas in that building though. The Marketplace resort store and the Grande Cove Bar and food court are on the ground floor level of that building, too. Nick's Grill, a full-service sit-down restaurant, is located nearby - more or less across the street from the main security gate at the resort entrance. Nick's has an adequate but somewhat limited menu.
Must have an elevator if not placed on ground floor (do all have elevators?). All of the buildings at Grande Vista have elevators.
Would be nice to be somewhat close to our car. Are the lots close? For many of the buildings, the parking lots are right outside of the buildings. However, parking for Building 80 is across the street.
Prefer to be on a lower floor. You should request that. I think that the tallest buildings at Grande Vista are five or six floors high but that the buildings at the core of the resort (such as building 80) are only four floors.
Do some buildings have newer/nicer furnishings? It's been a few years since we were last there but I believe that they've had a rolling refurbishment program going on so the villas, in general, should be in good shape.

We'd like to stay within the $30 day - what are our onsite options? The food options at the two bar/grills (Grande Cove and Copa Loca) are pretty reasonably priced. There wasn't a breakfast buffet option there when we were last at the resort but the food court may have something like that now. This is a timeshare resort with full kitchens in all but the Studio sized accommodations - Studios have a microwave, coffee pot, etc., for a so-called limited kitchen - so a lot of people do breakfast in their villas (two Publix supermarkets within a mile or mile and a half of the resort).

Are there any fees/charges that I might not be aware of? No "resort fees" or wifi fees there that I'm aware of.

Do the units have washers & dryers? All villas have them except for the Studios.

Is housekeeping provided? Daily? If you reserved through the Marriott.com website as a hotel stay then there's daily housekeeping that goes along with your reservation.

This is a nice resort with a lot of nice features.

Enjoy!

Dick Taylor

Thanks for the posting. We have a similar deal ($30 credit) but we have studio booked for June. Glad to read positive information about the resort.

Thanks for the posting. We have a similar deal ($30 credit) but we have studio booked for June. Glad to read positive information about the resort.

Megalex if you have a studio be warned that its just like a hotel room. Not really resort-like at all. We weren't very happy with ours and really wished we had looked elsewhere or booked a 1 bedroom at least. Running back and forth 50 times trying to find an available washer was a joke. I think there were TWO washers being shared by a ton of people in RVs staying in a studio just so they could spend a night doing laundry.

How great! Thanks to everyone. Such good info. :thumbsup2 I'll check the map & give them a call. We are excited. I think we will really like it there. We've stayed many times at Disney & off site at the Fairfield. Will be nice to have comfortable furniture to sit on, a kitchen, & a balcony (great for morning coffee!).

:cool1:

Megalex if you have a studio be warned that its just like a hotel room. Not really resort-like at all. We weren't very happy with ours and really wished we had looked elsewhere or booked a 1 bedroom at least. Running back and forth 50 times trying to find an available washer was a joke. I think there were TWO washers being shared by a ton of people in RVs staying in a studio just so they could spend a night doing laundry.

We usually are on-site WDW guests so I am hoping the studio will be a step up from a WDW room. I don't do any laundry on vacation. We only stay for 7 days and I have become an expert on how many white tees we need for the Orlando summer months. ;)I like how the studios even have a balcony at the Grande Vista which the moderates at WDW don't have.:thumbsup2 We don't spend too much time in the room even we are at any resort (always enjoying the pool area or landscape) Any studio rooms in buildings near pools? Which building to request? We have one 13 yr old DS. I asked him if he is OK sleeping on a pull-out sofa before I booked the room. He said OK. We liked the over all look of the resort.

Any studio rooms in buildings near pools?

I think that all the buildings have studio units, and I think all studio units are from a 2-br or 3-br lockoff.
You can see from the map linked to above where the pools are.
There are two feature pool areas (each with more than 1 pool). and two neighborhood pools. So no matter where you are, you should be reasonably close to a pool, although a 13 year old would likely prefer the feature pools.

Wanted to add my 2 cents worth as I have stayed here in June for a week on timeshare with a friend and then again for extended weekend in Sept with family booked through Marriott. The resort is lovely! I enjoyed it immensely both stays but I will state that it is nice to have daily housekeeping when staying as guest. My husband and daughter liked playing golf here as it is a shorter course and I liked being able to watch them play 2 holes from the balcony on our room. The gas grills are abundant around the resort and the pools are well-maintained. The resort is extremely close to Sea World and Aquatica - we even saw Sea World's fireworks one night - and not far from a Publix and McDonalds among others. I believe Nick's Grill was bought out by another business and not sure what it was renamed, but the prices of the menu were too steep for me. The units I have stayed in were 3 bedroom villa and then a 2 bedroom. The decorating is super nice, granite counters in bathroom and kitchen, and beds comfy. The price is so much better than Disney deluxe that we couldn't justify the extra $$ to be on property and chose to eat out more with the savings. The Grand Vista is large but parking is ample and elevators fairly centrally located. I was impressed with this resort and am ready to return if we plan another trip to Orlando. And one last comment, there is a Pizza Hut and quick food market similar to a deluxe gas station in offerings where you can spend your credit (or splurge by purchasing drinks by the pool with it). Enjoy!

I hope someone could answer this question about checking in at the Grande Vista. I am now looking at Southwest flights. It is only 2-2.5 hour flight from Pittsburgh and we always have an early morning flight. I see the check in time is 4:00. Is this resort strict on the check in time or are they flexible enough if someone arrives early. If not I will try to book a later flight.

I hope someone could answer this question about checking in at the Grande Vista. I am now looking at Southwest flights. It is only 2-2.5 hour flight from Pittsburgh and we always have an early morning flight. I see the check in time is 4:00. Is this resort strict on the check in time or are they flexible enough if someone arrives early. If not I will try to book a later flight.

I wouldn't worry! You can always check in, and if your villa isn't ready, you can store your bags with them and be on your way! Also, it's been my experience with Marriott that if you have any groceries that need chilling or freezing, they will assist you with keeping them chilled or frozen.

You never know; your unit may be ready. It isn't likely too early, but it can be. If it were me, I'd rather get there, drop my stuff, and get going on my vacation!

The Marriotts, in general, allow for a pre-check-in to allow early-arriving guests to use the resorts facilities prior to actually getting into their villas. If you're flexible in accepting location within the resort, you'll may get into your villa before the official 4pm check-in time. We have gone the pre-check in route several times at some of the Orlando Marriott timeshare resorts. They'll take your cell phone number and call you when your villa is ready so you can either stay on property and use the pools, etc. or you can go off to do other things while you "wait."

Dick Taylor

Hi, we are staying at MGV this April. We have booked a 2 bedroom for my husband and I and 2 13 year old boys. I am looking at doing a location request but I can not decide between being close to the Villiage Center pool (main pool) or the Plaza del Sol pool area. We are looking for a larger pool with a bar close by so we can sip a few cool drinks while having a relaxing pool day. Our 13 year old's will want a bigger deeper pool, we're not looking for the kiddie splash area. I know the Plaza de Sol pool has a bar there, is the other restaurant close enough to the Villiage pool that we can order drinks right on the pool deck? Thanks!

Hi, we are staying at MGV this April. We have booked a 2 bedroom for my husband and I and 2 13 year old boys. I am looking at doing a location request but I can not decide between being close to the Villiage Center pool (main pool) or the Plaza del Sol pool area. We are looking for a larger pool with a bar close by so we can sip a few cool drinks while having a relaxing pool day. Our 13 year old's will want a bigger deeper pool, we're not looking for the kiddie splash area. I know the Plaza de Sol pool has a bar there, is the other restaurant close enough to the Villiage pool that we can order drinks right on the pool deck? Thanks!

Both pools have a bar right there. Also, both pools are right across from one another. It will take you only about 2 minutes to walk across the bridge. The village center pool is the bigger one. It's maybe only a tiny bit deeper...if at all.

Both pools have a bar right there. Also, both pools are right across from one another. It will take you only about 2 minutes to walk across the bridge. The village center pool is the bigger one. It's maybe only a tiny bit deeper...if at all.

Thanks! I too am from Ontario - nice to see a fellow canuk on here ;)
I have a couple more question if you don't mind answering:
1) Are all 2 bedroom units lock off's or are there some full 2 bedroom units (not too crazy about the extra door)
2) Are there cookie sheets in the unit or should I buy a cheap one?
3) How is the wifi (good enough to watch something on netflix?)?
4) Do they have game consoles there to use in the rooms - even rent (xbox, PS etc)?
5) How do they feel about bringing small coolers of drinks to the pool so we're not running back and forth for water "water"?
6) How safe does the resort feel? Can our 13 year old's be ok walking around to and from basketball area, pool etc with just each other?
7) IS there a desk where we can purchase discounted tickets or anything? (we are thinking of going to Disney or Seaworld for 1 day)
8) we are hoping to limit our luggage so will they replenish the laundry soap, shampoo etc? We booked through the hotel itself (got a great Canadian resident discount deal) so I think we get free housekeeping but will they replenish that stuff?

I think that's it for now.... thanks!

Oh I forgot to ask in my last group of questions.... how deep are the pools? I understand that they may not be over an adults head but I am hoping for a decent 5' in the "deep" areas.

Thanks! I too am from Ontario - nice to see a fellow canuk on here ;)
I have a couple more question if you don't mind answering:
1) Are all 2 bedroom units lock off's or are there some full 2 bedroom units (not too crazy about the extra door)
2) Are there cookie sheets in the unit or should I buy a cheap one?
3) How is the wifi (good enough to watch something on netflix?)?
4) Do they have game consoles there to use in the rooms - even rent (xbox, PS etc)?
5) How do they feel about bringing small coolers of drinks to the pool so we're not running back and forth for water "water"?
6) How safe does the resort feel? Can our 13 year old's be ok walking around to and from basketball area, pool etc with just each other?
7) IS there a desk where we can purchase discounted tickets or anything? (we are thinking of going to Disney or Seaworld for 1 day)
8) we are hoping to limit our luggage so will they replenish the laundry soap, shampoo etc? We booked through the hotel itself (got a great Canadian resident discount deal) so I think we get free housekeeping but will they replenish that stuff?

I think that's it for now.... thanks!

We live in Oakville...where are you from?

I can't answer all your questions but will answer the ones that I can.
1...don't know
2...I think there was one. The kitchen has a decent supply of cookwear.
3...we had no issues with the internet. My DD was streaming some TV shows on her Ipod
4...no game console, just a DVD player. I don't recall seeing any info in the room or the store that mentioned console rental
5...we brought a cooler to the pool every day with our own adult beverages. Many people do it. Just be VERY aware of the attack squirrels. They will jump right on you or on/into your cooler if they think there is something for them.
6...we felt very safe there even at night. I would be fine allowing 13yo's to run around the resort during the day....but not at night. I'm a little on the conservative side with things like that.
7...the concierge desk does sell tickets but that is also where they try and get to attend the timeshare presentation.
8...I'm pretty sure that they will replenish supplies. You have booked as a hotel guest not a timeshare guest. Hotel guest do get daily housekeeping. We found everyone to be really helpful and pleasant so I would think that if you needed to ask for something they would give it to you.

The other question you had about the pool depth....I think the very centre of the pool might be 5ft. It certainly is not deeper than that. They slope towards the middle so there really is no actual deep end. Just a small area in the middle that is the deepest.

If you have more questions just fire away. We stayed two weeks at the MGV last summer and most of that time was spent enjoying the resort activities and the pool.

We live in Oakville...where are you from?

I can't answer all your questions but will answer the ones that I can.
1...don't know
2...I think there was one. The kitchen has a decent supply of cookwear.
3...we had no issues with the internet. My DD was streaming some TV shows on her Ipod
4...no game console, just a DVD player. I don't recall seeing any info in the room or the store that mentioned console rental
5...we brought a cooler to the pool every day with our own adult beverages. Many people do it. Just be VERY aware of the attack squirrels. They will jump right on you or on/into your cooler if they think there is something for them.
6...we felt very safe there even at night. I would be fine allowing 13yo's to run around the resort during the day....but not at night. I'm a little on the conservative side with things like that.
7...the concierge desk does sell tickets but that is also where they try and get to attend the timeshare presentation.
8...I'm pretty sure that they will replenish supplies. You have booked as a hotel guest not a timeshare guest. Hotel guest do get daily housekeeping. We found everyone to be really helpful and pleasant so I would think that if you needed to ask for something they would give it to you.

The other question you had about the pool depth....I think the very centre of the pool might be 5ft. It certainly is not deeper than that. They slope towards the middle so there really is no actual deep end. Just a small area in the middle that is the deepest.

If you have more questions just fire away. We stayed two weeks at the MGV last summer and most of that time was spent enjoying the resort activities and the pool.

Thanks so much for the info! We are from Barrie so we're not too far from you.

We're staying at Universal onsite for 2 nights (Royal Pacific) and we move to MGV for the last 5 nights of our vacation (late April). After 3 days at Universal we're playing the rest of the vacation by ear and we may decide on a 1 day Disney trip (but not sure with the new fastpass + mess) or SeaWorld. We have done 2 pervious Disney trips but never SeaWorld. So we do plan on spending at least 2 full days pool side relaxing and enjoying the resort. I heard there are activities for kids and adults, anything organized geared to teens?

I wouldn't say that there were activities aimed specifically at teens. There were things for young kids and then family friendly activities. We did the family scavenger hunt, attended the karaoke nights and the luau.

They had other things that my 14yo wanted to do but for some reason never ended up going to. They had chocolate making, some sort of candy thing, zumba, milkshake classes, tye die t-shirts...there were a few others but it's slipping my mind right now.

There were also similar adult classes....cooking, margarita making etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter