Marriott Vacation Club?

cat4hurricane

Earning My Ears
I'm helping plan the trip for this upcoming years and one of the things I'm having trouble with is finding a Marriott Vacation Club that is close to the parks, or atleast in the Orlando area and is not much of a drive. I'd really like to make it for rope drop some days.

Any suggestions? We'll be most likely be booking through the website with points. It also has to be a Marriott Vacation Club.

There are several Marriott Vacation Club properties in Orlando. Just off the top of my head, try Sabal Palms, Royal Palms, and Imperial Palms. They are all in the same large complex called Marriott World, which is close to Disney (5-10 miles). There are some others near SeaWorld, like Cypress Harbour, Harbour Lake, and Grand Vista. There is also at least one more called Lakeshore Reserve, which is pretty new. I'm not sure exactly where it is.

Any of the ones the previous poster mentioned would be great. Our favorite is Marriott Grande Vista. It is a beautiful resort on a golf course with awesome pool areas, pool bar, etc.. The units are great and it is an extremely easy drive to the parks.

Their AAA rates are usually the best and sometimes beat the member rates.

Hope this helps!

JaxDad identified the seven MVCI resorts in Orlando.

The Tri-Palms resorts are, indeed, the closest to the Disney parks. And they're also the oldest Marriott timeshares in the area. If you're thinking about one of those, Imperial Palm Villas are three bedroom units while Sabal Palms and Royal Palms are two bedroom villas. The Sabal Palms villas are quite large, so lots of space to spread out in. These three resorts, that are adjacent to one another, are approximately 7 miles from the parking lot for Magic Kingdom, about a 12 minute drive. (They're off the road that becomes Epcot Center Drive at the Disney property line about a mile and a half from the resort.) I think that these are fine for people expecting to be at Disney parks for much of the day. There's a spa next to Sabal Palms (resort closest to the hotel) and a huge pool at the hotel that guests can use (smaller pools at the resorts). The hotel has one or two restaurants and a fairly large food court.

The Cypress Harbour and Harbour Lake resorts are across the street (Westwood Boulevard) from each other - about 10 miles from the MK parking lot, about an 18 minute drive. HL has two bedroom units but I think part can be locked off to make a 1 bedroom and a studio. CH units are all two bedroom villas and they're quite nice (generally our choice when in Orlando). While we tend to take the surface streets to Disney, these resorts are located two or three minutes from an I-4 entrance ramp, so pretty convenient to the many Disney roads off the highway. HL is oriented toward families with young children, CH has a nice, laid-back atmosphere with lots of typical MVCI amenities and programs.

Grande Vista has three-, two- and one-bedroom units. The resort is just off International Drive. I think that GV is the largest of the seven MVCI resorts, so lots of pools, food options and amenities in general. The resort is 11 miles from Magic Kingdom parking, about a 20 minute drive. The two primary pools areas here are usually very busy but the more remote pool areas are usually very quiet and relaxing. There's the unique feature of a real sit down restaurant on site at this resort and direct access to a small nine-hole golf course there as well.

Lakeshore Reserve is the newest of the seven, located just off John Young Parkway, next to the JW Marriott and Ritz-Carlton hotels. The furthest away from the Disney parks, it's about 13 miles from the MK parking lot, a little over a 20 minute drive. There's a regulation golf course on-site (I think it's associated with the Ritz-Carlton), several water features. I think that one of the hotels has a lazy river feature but I'm not sure if LSR can use that or not.

Dick Taylor

I've stayed at a few of them. My favorite is Lakeshore Reserve. That resort is gorgeous. The pool for the timeshares is beautiful. They have some restaurants over at the JW/Ritz which you can walk to, which is very nice too.

My second favorite is Grande Vista. It has good availability and the units are nicely appointed. Not as big of a fan of the pools there, but for a parks-based trip, it's fine.

Not a fan of the Royal/Sabal/Imperial Palms. They're older units and I find that whole complex unappealing for some reason. But they are the closest to WDW.

You can make it to rope drop from any of them, you would just adjust your departure time.

We liked Cypress Harbor best but Grand Vista is where my sister originally "bought" so that's where we usually end up. Nothing wrong with it... and none of these are a very long drive to the Disney parks.

We stayed at many of these. When it comes to Marriotts we like Cypress harbor the best because of its configuration. Not too big. not too small, lots to do, great location, and beautiful.

Over the years we have stayed at all the Palms, Harbour Lake and Grande Vista. Most recent was Sabal Palms. Checking Cypress Harbour off the list at Thanksgiving. The unicorn is Lakeshore Reserve! Grande Vista has been the favorite so far-although being able to use World Center pool while at Sabal Palms was a definite plus (we were in a villa that was about a 4-5 minute walk to WC pool). Frankly can't go wrong with any of the MVC resorts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter