Masks and one year old?

I wouldn't say that the pediatrician necessarily gave bad advice, as we don't know the background story of whether the child had an illness that the protection provided by wearing a mask under close supervision outweighed the suffocation hazard. For the average child, health experts have determined the risk is too great until age 2. But yes, your pediatrician would be the best resource to ask.

I added the “may” because it’s possible the benefits outweighed the risks as you have mentioned for that particular child, I can see that my point didn’t come across clearly. It’s hard out there parents, raising kids in this crazy situation. It makes me happy to hear about littles still going to Disney and enjoying normal “kid” stuff.

I wouldn't say that the pediatrician necessarily gave bad advice, as we don't know the background story of whether the child had an illness that the protection provided by wearing a mask under close supervision outweighed the suffocation hazard. For the average child, health experts have determined the risk is too great until age 2. But yes, your pediatrician would be the best resource to ask.
you are correct there were medical reasons for child to wear

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter