Masks back at DL starting July 30

So, are they requiring masks on rides that are completely outdoors or not?
Nope. We rode on many rides today without masks. However, we did watch them halt a Winnie the Pooh ride vehicle as someone wasn't wearing a mask. Ride starts outdoors, but goes indoors. You just have to put your mask on when you get in the ride vehicle.

They'll usually remind you to put it on and are usually nice about it. I'm trying to get in the habit of thanking them for reminding me and they're forgiving when you forget. I'm sure most of them hate asking way more than anyone hates wearing, it's just what they've been tasked to do.

ETA: I’ve added a post on my trip report that adds more detail to the various types of situation you may encounter at this time at Disneyland. Feel free to check it out, it’s just a bit long as I tried to include as much detail as possible:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/we’re-off-to-see-the-magic-tr.3847377/post-63238423

Last edited:
Masks definitely result in a loss of funds, there are many people who will not visit if masks are required.
So, are they requiring masks on rides that are completely outdoors or not?
I don't think they are seeing that big of a loss. There are also a group who have said since they reinstated the masks inside, they are now booking. That said, we don't know how long it will last. Personally, it was no big deal. We were there from last Thursday til yesterday, and we were masking on Thurs indoors before it went into effect. I don't understand the problem, but then I am used to wearing a mask.

And it has been said numerous times, rides outside, such as Matterhorn, Autopia, and Big Thunder, masks were not required.

Rides that go indoors, such as Racers, and Pooh, you had to have a mask.

Masks definitely result in a loss of funds, there are many people who will not visit if masks are required.
There's just no way any of us can know that. Yes, there are people that won't go because they would have to wear a mask. But there are also people that wouldn't go if people weren't required to wear a mask. My family is in the latter category. We have an October trip planned, and weren't going to go through with it if there wasn't some kind of mask policy in the park.

We're definitely not alone.

So again, there's just no way to know who would go and who wouldn't, based on masking policies.

Nope. We rode on many rides today without masks. However, we did watch them halt a Winnie the Pooh ride vehicle as someone wasn't wearing a mask. Ride starts outdoors, but goes indoors. You just have to put your mask on when you get in the ride vehicle.

They'll usually remind you to put it on and are usually nice about it. I'm trying to get in the habit of thanking them for reminding me and they're forgiving when you forget. I'm sure most of them hate asking way more than anyone hates wearing, it's just what they've been tasked to do.

ETA: I’ve added a post on my trip report that adds more detail to the various types of situation you may encounter at this time at Disneyland. Feel free to check it out, it’s just a bit long as I tried to include as much detail as possible:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/we’re-off-to-see-the-magic-tr.3847377/post-63238423

Luigi's in Carsland has an indoor queue, but outdoor ride. Once you're through the indoor queue and back outside, you can remove your mask.

Reactions: pdp

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter