Masks, good news?

If the Court of Appeals sides with the Fed it will be sure to go to the Supreme Court. In the mean time the mandate is gone and by the time it makes its way through the courts it will be a mute issue anyway and even the extended deadline would have long passed.

We go on 6th May

does anyone think tests will go by then or would u book tests now

The only article I have been able to find - which I quote above - included quotes from key people at Delta airlines. They said they were hearing 'positive' things from the White House and expected it to be dropped in coming weeks. Obviously they are speaking to the business world and want to be able to promote positive news - I am sure they are not lying, but equally what is 'positive'. What is an 'expectation'. Does the mask issue make it less likely now? Those tests are sort of the last line of defence. I have a feeling 6th May might be too soon, but I would book as late as you can.

We go on 6th May

does anyone think tests will go by then or would u book tests now
We fly on the 7th. Was trying to book Collinsons at LHR over the weekend and it was showing no availability past this week. They confirmed via Twitter that they're closing they're locations after that so no more bookings. Got me more worried that it will put pressure on the other suppliers, so going to get booked up today. Still hopeful it'll be announced on May 3rd that they won't be needed, but can't risk waiting that long to book them.

News tonight is that apparently the 'US government' is going to appeal the mask ruling.
Genie ... Bottle ? :confused3
I'd imagine any consideration of a reduction in testing rules isn't going to happen before that lawyer enrichment process is concluded.

News tonight is that apparently the 'US government' is going to appeal the mask ruling.
Genie ... Bottle ? :confused3
I'd imagine any consideration of a reduction in testing rules isn't going to happen before that lawyer enrichment process is concluded.
As far as I can tell the appeal is more about the principle rather than bringing the mask mandate back - I think they know that only if there’s a new variant or something that they’ll be able to reinstate.

Their problem (and why they’re probably appealing) is that depending on how you read the judge’s verdict, it can be interpreted to say that the mask mandate might NEVER have been constitutional, which if so, would mean that with any future increase in cases, new variants or even other unrelated diseases, the CDC could do nothing about it apart from advise about masks or other preventative measures - nothing could be made mandatory without breaking the law.

And no government of either party would ever let something like that slide without at least appealing because it would tie their hands behind their backs for dealing with potential future problems, even if they have no plans to reinstate the rule right now.

I saw earlier today that the vaccination requirement for people entering the US by land has been extended, so it seems likely the testing requirement for air entry is likely to be extended as well.

I saw earlier today that the vaccination requirement for people entering the US by land has been extended, so it seems likely the testing requirement for air entry is likely to be extended as well.
I hope the testing requirement doesn’t get extended for much longer. It doesn’t really make sense anymore to continue to require testing. Really hoping it goes by summertime! To be honest, I’d actually rather the mask mandate remain for flights - it’s the testing that I find extremely stressful.

I’d actually rather the mask mandate remain for flights - it’s the testing that I find extremely stressful.
I agree. Much as I hate the masks at least you know how it plays out ... Pre-trip testing can just kill the holiday at the last minute.
If they haven't eased testing, for vaccinated at least, by the time my balances are due I'll be seriously considering cancelling and taking my backup (European) holiday instead.

Imagine the day before your holiday that has cost you thousands, you test positive for something that's now equivalent to a cold :mad:
It's really putting a dampener on our preparations for the trip, when we should all be excited.
We're seriously considering selling our DVC and not bothering after this trip.

Imagine the day before your holiday that has cost you thousands, you test positive for something that's now equivalent to a cold :mad:
It's really putting a dampener on our preparations for the trip, when we should all be excited.
We're seriously considering selling our DVC and not bothering after this trip.
DVC is long term and is lots of holidays. Pre testing will end in the coming weeks/months

So many countries around the world - even those who had been the strictest - have dropped the testing requirements.
Are the US not reading the room, believe in their own science, or just digging their heels in?
They need to wake up and smell the coffee!

I’m starting to think I might as well book in the pre tests soon for our flight on 6th May

cant see it changing with only 2 weeks to go 😔

I’m starting to think I might as well book in the pre tests soon for our flight on 6th May

cant see it changing with only 2 weeks to go 😔
I think that would be a good call. Compared to the cost of the holiday the tests aren't a big item and not being able to fly because you couldn't get tests at the last minute would be disappointing.
And your insurers might say it was negligent too.

So many countries around the world - even those who had been the strictest - have dropped the testing requirements.
Are the US not reading the room, believe in their own science, or just digging their heels in?
They need to wake up and smell the coffee!
Beware of the forum rules about 'politics' and stuff. Threads tends to get locked if we go into speculation or argument.

Plague - you gave me some fun and sanity in the run up to our cancelled vacation in October last year. Just two weeks to go now for our rebooked 3 week stay at the Poly! I’ll raise a glass to you at Tambu Lounge :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter