Massages on Castaway Cay

puckhog45

Earning My Ears
We went on the 7 day land/sea cruise in August 1999. My husband and I did not make it down to the adult beach, but I remember they had open air massages. The week after we were there was that awful hurricane that destroyed the island. When they rebuilt it did they not rebuild the massage area? I really wanted to try it this time, but I haven't heard anything about it. Does it exist?

Hi puckhog45.

When they rebuilt it did they not rebuild the massage area?

I didn't know the cabanna massages were ever interrupted! Yes, you can schedule an open-air massage upon boarding the ship...

Where is the information on that listed? I can only find info on the massages onboard.

Where is the information on that listed?

Go to the DCL official web site.

Click on "fun onshore."

Then click on "Castaway Cay."

Part of the paragraph states, "Let us pamper you in rare style in one of our open-air massage cabanas."

While the amenities destroyed by the island were being rebuilt Disney was creative. We were there in Feb. 2000 and the cabanas had not been finished. Instead they had temporary, tent style units at a place called Sunny Shades. A nice quiet area just past the teen beach. But plenty far enough that it was delightfully quiet!

Hey BD, have you done one of the massages on CC? I'm trying to talk DH into a couples and he said - how about onboard. He is all for me doing one on the island but doesn't want to "waste" his time on the island.

Deb

Hey Deb.

have you done one of the massages on CC?

I tried to do one, but the bikini-clad beach nymph kept saying she didn't want a massage...

He is all for me doing one on the island but doesn't want to "waste" his time on the island.

I agree with your DH. Do the couples massage during one of the "at sea" days...

ooohhhh, I had a cabanna massage and loved it. I wanted DH to do it with me but he couldn't "justify spending the money". Oh but I could. It felt absolutely wonderful!

As far as what was offerend and cost, I got the "spa taster" and it was $113. That was my back, back of legs, neck, scalp, and a mini facial. They gave me an alt choice which would have been back, back and front of legs, neck, and arms (i think).

my dh and i did the couples cabana massage on our 7-day in January. It was nice - not the best massage I've ever had but fun to have it done with my DH. We were celebrating our honeymoon so we were looking for romantic type things and this fit the bill.

DH & I did the cabana massages; I booked them on the Thursday of our 7-day cruise; we got a 12:30 slot that someone cancelled. It was nice . . . the best part was listening to the waves crashing just a few feet from the cabanas. My tips:

-don't schedule a cabana massage at 10am. If the ship is late docking you'll never make it to the adult beach by 10a, and your 1-hr massage will degenerate into the balance of the hour that's left when you get there.

-factor in travel time. You have to walk off the ship, wait for the tram & ride the tram, to get to where the cabanas are.

-factor in lunch. They stopped serving at 1:30 at the adult beach, and our massage ended at 1:30. By the time we waited for the tram & rode it back, we barely made it back in time to eat, as Cookies stopped serving at 2p.

If I did this again, I would schedule the massages at 3p, or just do it on a day at sea.

:Pinkbounc

I vote to do it on an "at-sea" day too! We were on the Magic then the Wonder, on the Wonder I did the cabana massage. While it was great, I really missed that precious time on the beach!! (I knew what I was missing!)

Either way, you'll have a blast!

We just got back from the 5/22 Wonder and the cabanas are all rebuilt and were very busy. We had to be back on the ship by 4:30 (we pulled out about 4:50), so I don't know if scheduling a massage around 3:00 would be too relaxing plus it's the hottest part of the day then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter