Mattel to debut first ever amusement park in 2024 in Arizona

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I read in the latest issue of People Magazine that Mattel will debut it's first ever theme park in history set to be in Glendale Arizona. Mattel Adventure Park will open in 2024 and will feature sections devoted to Barbie Hot Wheels and many other popular Mattel toys. To me this is a smart idea for Mattel to do because they are one of the biggest toy companies in the world and it will be interesting to see how this new Mattel theme park will do and putting it in Arizona will draw lots of visitors to Glendale because Arizona needs another theme park that will become popular besides Castles And Coasters in Phoenix
Has anyone heard about this?

That could be really cool. I would hope they would include some nostalgic toys as well.

I think this truly is a smart idea for Mattel to do because as I mentioned in my opening post Mattel is one of the biggest toy companies in the world and when you look at it amusement parks based on toys work sometimes while some fail. Look at Legoland in Carlsbad and do you remember Playmobil World in Florida? When you look at it when you have a big toy company like Mattel it can be successful and makes the company huge for years to come. Because if you look at Mattel they stick their name into anything you see. Like they have a children's hospital chain named Mattel Children's Hospital in Southern California and they tried their hand at operating their own toy stores in outlet centers called Mattel Toy Club in the 80's but closed in the 90's. I'm surprised that Mattel didn't get the chance to base their new upcoming amusement park in El Segundo California where Mattel is based in. But I hope with the debut of Mattel Adventure Park next year I hope this doesn't also mean that Mattel might move to Arizona and build a new Mattel plant in Phoenix because it would cause the company to go downhill. But I think Mattel Adventure Park will gain more visitors and become popular than Disneyland when the park opens in 2024

I also think that Mattel will make a lot of money and with the debut of Mattel Adventure Park in 2024 it will be Mattel's miracle year and they will become the number one toy company second to Hasbro. I can bet that Mattel Adventure Park will have roller-coasters and thrill rides along with kids rides and the chance to meet Barbie and Ken in special meet and greets and shows and parades. But I wouldn't be surprised if Mattel Adventure Park copies Disney Parks and builds a Mattel themed resort around it. But it is a great addition to Arizona because Arizona needs a good theme park and this new theme park is just what Arizona needed

I think due to the Mattel Adventure Park opening in Arizona as I mentioned in the opening post I think it will mean that Mattel will indeed have plans to build a second headquarters in Arizona and they will most likely close the original Mattel factory in El Segundo. Because when you get the general picture Mattel has been the number one toy company because they have toys that people actually buy such as Barbie Hot Wheels and they make almost any toy for the hit movies like Disney's The Little Mermaid Jurassic World and even WWE action figures and some Marvel plushies. So I think with this new Mattel Adventure Park Mattel hopes to attract more people to buy toys and this theme park may be the answer. I used to collect Barbie dolls and even met Barbie herself and got her autographs when I was a little girl when stores used to do Barbie meet and greets so i'm wondering what Mattel Adventure Park will have for Barbie when the park actually opens. But if this new theme park is successful there will be other Mattel Adventure Parks in other cities and states and it will be huge like Legoland

I learned more info on the upcoming Mattel Adventure Park in Arizona and what I learned about it so far is the park will be spread into sections and there will be a Barbie land a Hot Wheels land Thomas The Tank Engine land and Masters Of The Universe land and the big ride that Mattel Adventure Park will have will be a roller-coaster based on Hot Wheels and will have it's own hotel too as well as a indoor Go-Cart track and a mini golf course inspired by Mattel board games. I told my mother about Mattel Adventure Park and she thinks that it might steal some of Universal Studios Hollywood's as well as Disneyland's Audience when it opens in 2024. I think this park is a smart move to do because a lot of people are Mattel toy fans and this park will bring some nostalgia for them

I learned more info on the upcoming Mattel Adventure Park in Arizona and what I learned about it so far is the park will be spread into sections and there will be a Barbie land a Hot Wheels land Thomas The Tank Engine land and Masters Of The Universe land and the big ride that Mattel Adventure Park will have will be a roller-coaster based on Hot Wheels and will have it's own hotel too as well as a indoor Go-Cart track and a mini golf course inspired by Mattel board games. I told my mother about Mattel Adventure Park and she thinks that it might steal some of Universal Studios Hollywood's as well as Disneyland's Audience when it opens in 2024. I think this park is a smart move to do because a lot of people are Mattel toy fans and this park will bring some nostalgia for them
I agree with your mother that it has potential to attract audiences interested in a uniquely Mattel experience, especially people feeling nostalgic for the classic toys. The 2024 timeline gives Universal/Disney time to prepare, but also allows Mattel Adventure Park to build lots of buzz as a new option. Overall, it seems like a solid concept that leverages the strength of these beloved brands. If well-executed, it could indeed find great success appealing to both Mattel fans and general theme park audiences.

I wonder if the new Mattel Adventure Park is successful I bet Mattel will build a second Mattel factory in Arizona just so they can be closer to the theme park? When I was a little girl most of my toys were Mattel toys and I played with Barbies a lot and when my cousin was about two he was obsessed with Hot Wheels and if you didn't get my cousin a Hot Wheels car he would scream and cry because my aunt used to buy Hot Wheels cars for my cousin as a reward for good behavior and he continued to collect them until he turned ten. But for Mattel fans like me and my cousin this park would've been a hit if it would've existed back in the 70's and 80's. But when you get the general picture Mattel is one of the biggest toy companies and they own brands like American Girl and Fisher-Price so I think Mattel had it right on the money when they developed the concept for this theme park. But why a Thomas The Tank Engine themed land in Mattel Adventure Park? There's already the Thomasland theme park near Boston and they should've put a WWE themed land because Mattel makes WWE action figures too. But I think this theme park will be successful not only for Mattel but for Arizona as well. Because when you look at it Arizona doesn't have any well known amusement parks except for Castles and Coasters in Phoenix and when you look at it when you look at the cities around the Phoenix area like Mesa Tempe Gilbert and Chandler they could easily add more family oriented attractions so having Mattel Adventure Park in Glendale Arizona is indeed a smart choice
Dodger
P.S. Welcome to the Dis George

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter