MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Somewhat contradictory, considering regular Signature already includes Photopass.

Yep, I brought that up. I have a Signature Pass. That is when he said "the Max pass is being marketed primarily as Photopass and you already have that on your pass." When I pressed that, logically, Signatures should also get Max pass, he gave me a sheepish smile and said "I know, but at this time that is not the plan."

Also, we renewed our passes (one signature and 3 deluxe) and the deluxe went up $20. It is now $619. When did that happen? I feel like I looked at prices recently and it was still $599. The ticket CM said "yep, the deluxe just went up."

I hate figuring out a system...and then trashing it and having to learn another system. I think that's the big problem a lot of us are having. As dad used to say, "Just leave well enough alone".
This is my frustration as well. I have a background in economics and cost accounting and my brain is constantly trying to find the most efficient way to do things within the rules or limitations of the situation. A sudden change in the rules, or even worse, unknown future changes mess up everything for me.

To be fair, I think these poor CMs have been told so many conflicting things up to this point that they can't keep it all straight. And, I guess at this point since Disney hasn't made an official announcement, things are still fluid with Max pass.

The CM did say it would go live VERY soon.

Also from what I've seen CMs aren't very knowledgeable about APs because they don't have to be. So when we hear top two passes we think Premiere and Sig+, but they may not really know that Premiere is a thing or that it's an AP or what have you. Even guest relations is probably not that up on passes.

DLGal. It didn't "just" go up. I'm pretty sure it was right after we renewed. So maybe Decemberish? Did you happen to get any information on how Maxpass will work with DAS?

Well with the way the FPs were running this week (return time now for a lot of them) it really was that simple. No real loss of time. We were holding at least two at all times if not three. It was time used on the front end rather than the back end. Not hopeful it'll stay that way but I'm sure people will adapt their style in a way that will work. Same as we all did with FP time enforcement and then the parks being connected.
Yah, you guys got lucky. It is a glitch of some sort. No way that stays. It undermines the whole concept of FP.

:wizard:

Yah, you guys got lucky. It is a glitch of some sort. No way that stays. It undermines the whole concept of FP.

No doubt we did. We left this morning but I checked just a little bit ago just to see and it's still happening. The crazy thing is even though it made the FP lines longer it really didn't seem to make the wait longer. I have no idea on official crowd levels but Sunday seemed fairly light, Mon, Tues moderate with things starting to pick up Wed and seemed pretty busy (but not slammed) on Thursday yet our ride/FP pace seemed about the same for all those days.

Also, we renewed our passes (one signature and 3 deluxe) and the deluxe went up $20. It is now $619. When did that happen? I feel like I looked at prices recently and it was still $599. The ticket CM said "yep, the deluxe just went up."
Prices for AP's and tickets went up in February.

Well with the way the FPs were running this week (return time now for a lot of them) it really was that simple. No real loss of time. We were holding at least two at all times if not three. It was time used on the front end rather than the back end. Not hopeful it'll stay that way but I'm sure people will adapt their style in a way that will work. Same as we all did with FP time enforcement and then the parks being connected.
I'm guessing they are experimenting with various FP capacity levels in the parks. I know they did that at WDW leading up to FP+ rolling out. All sorts of funny business. So glad it worked out for you!

You would think, right? But we used the "immediate entry" into Big thunder 3 times today and it really still was like regular FP. There was STILL a 25 min standby line, even though the FP return time was immediate. We got through the FP line in under 5 min each time. Boggled my mind. I assumed people in standby were just holding other FPs.

Last edited:
DLGal. It didn't "just" go up. I'm pretty sure it was right after we renewed. So maybe Decemberish? Did you happen to get any information on how Maxpass will work with DAS?

I see ticket prices increased in Feb. Not sure how I missed that!

So, a couple changes with DAS, namely we will be scanning in at the touchpoints where applicable. Rides without FP will have the CM scan tickets using the handheld.

You will need your entire party's tickets when you first obtain the DAS. They will link all of them to the DAS holder.

When you obtain a return time, you will only need the DAS holder ticket. The others that are linked will automatically populate.

You will be able to view your return time in the app, as long as you link the tickets to your account.

When redeeming, scan the DAS holder first. Then scan the others.

DAS remains separate from FP so you can utilize both.

Last edited:
I think it was just low attendance.
I was thinking that plus the parks now being connected. Seems like not being able to pull from both parks at the same time might even it out a little bit. I plan on watching the app for awhile to see how it plays out but like I said a few posts back our timing felt the same Sunday when it was quiet and then Thursday when it was MUCH busier.

I'd love to keep my physical AP at home and just use the AP that is loaded on my Disneyland app to enter the park, get dining discounts AND get fastpass tickets. But with the paper fastpass system, I have to carry the physical AP to get fastpasses.

I assume with the fastpass changes, that I can redeem my fastpass using the AP that is loaded on my Disneyland app on the phone. But can I *get* a Fastpass at the ride entrance now by scanning my virtual AP that is on my phone? Or do I still have to slide in my physical AP card?

If I have to still use my physical AP, such a wasted opportunity and half baked implementation. What's the point of the AP on your phone if you still have to carry your physical AP everywhere?

Would be so nice if this was all digitized like MaxPass too so they don't even have to waste forests of paper printing out fastpass return time slips of paper. You could just look at your return times on your phone.

I think it was just low attendance.
It was not low attendance. I was there Sun-Thurs. it was great until around 11am each day, and then the lines got longer. The immediate FP was great when you could do it. Wed. We had a FP for Thunder that was 10 minutes out. Thunder broke down. The que cleared and then it came back online. So we walked on the ride and then rode again with FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter