May 10, 2008 New Ship Of Thieves...May 2008 Repo Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nskjerven

<font color=darkorchid>Her Royal Meanness "SLAP"<b
Here we are kids join on in.

Rollcall???

nskjerven, late for dinner.

May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!!

Updates!!! Links!!! Stuff you want to know!!!!

Roll Call is on the Website, PM ME <----------- to get sign-on, password.

Champagne Girls!!! What are they? Who are they? Can I join? Should I join? Do I have to wear a tutu???We're doing a champagne tasting for those who want to taste, those who want to sip (tasting some, not all) and for those who want to drink something else. Not sure where and when yet, but it will be onboard. All attendees are the Champagne girls and must wear pink clothes and probably a pink tink tiara for our picture...to be taken and put in a pink frame to hang over our bars. Cheri is our mascot Sassy Bubbles who will wear the pink tink costume and she will be assisted by her mascot champagne cork, Corrine.

We have members, the tasters, and honorary members, the sippers and non-champagne drinkers, along with our mascots.

Karen is considering doing a wine tasting as well, more news on that at a later date. PM EllaEnchanted if you are interested in any of the positions available!

Fish Mail Groups!!! Please PM Calmom if you interested in leading a group or just joining a group. She is coordinating the groups. Fish Mail is where you get gifts during the cruise in your fish extender. If you don't know what a fish extender is keep reading....

What are fishe extenders? What do they look like? Check out the story of fish extenders on the website.

pahrumpgirl is sewing fish extenders once again, please PM her for more information on how to get one.

Glow in the dark braclets!!! Livestrong style! PM Mishoe01 if you are interested in getting one. Be able to find each other in your cave cabin by simply waving your arms around!
Kids Chat Group: Ship of Little Thieves on yahoo. If you would like your kids to participate, please PM Nan aka nskjerven

BUNKO? BUNCO? Just plane fun however you spell it!!! If you are interested in playing Bunco/bunko PM Disneylover5 with your details. First game is our first sea day, Tuesday after CC at the Adults pool. DOD, Martinis and munchies...what is not to love about this???

Want to join others for dinner? Find people with kids the same age or are you looking for adults only conversations? PM PjPoohbear <------ with the following info and you can then contact others on the list to see about getting linked up, it will be added it to your roll call on the website and others can browse for table mates :
DIS:
PARTY SIZE:
KIDS AGES:
MAIN/LATE:
DISIRE TO BE LINKED FOR MEALS:

Celebrations? Birthdays? Anniversaries? PM Ginamarie with the details so that we can all help you celebrate your special day(s)

Poker Group(s) looking for organizer.

2005 Navigators!!! Want to know what happened 3 years ago on the first trip through the canal?? Then check out: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....25404&page=131
Post 1956 has the links to the PDF files

Brisully's great link to pictures of his previous DCL PC repo cruise. Including YUMMY pics of Palos Brunch!!! http://web.mac.com/brisully1/iWeb/Brian/Panama.html

Shipping something to DCL before the cruise: (no liquids or food)
Disney Cruise Line
9001 Marlin Street
Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

Mark on each box:

Sail Date
Vessel
Passenger Last Name and Stateroom # (if GTY, just put GTY)
Confirmation #
How many boxes: ____ of _____ (i.e. 1 of 2, 2 of 2)
ATTN: Housekeeping

From Aunty Brat

Hello. Just getting ready to head out myself. Too tired for more DISing.

Have fun.

Hello. Just getting ready to head out myself. Too tired for more DISing.

Have fun.

Glad you could say hello and Goodnight Lori.

PJ can you drop this link on the website so people can find us again?

PJ - In case you didn't see my thank-you on the other thread (since we're in the midst of jumping ship here):
Thank You
for setting up the website. I hadn't been on there in awhile. It looks great and has all the info. where we can actually find it. Thanks for all your work.

And thank you Nanette for tying up the loose ends with the lanyards. I'll send you an e-mail soon with my info.

Is the whole site going down while they remove the big threads?

They are saying they are going to test, but me thinks we will be truncated, so better to have a landing zone...

really, I have to fix dinner now, it's after 8pm

bye

triple post.....I thought it was faster, guess not really and still doing duplicates. What's that all about?

Well Hello....this is certainly a lot faster now....hopefully it will stay that way.

I hope everyone finds their way over to here.

Thanks Nan and PJ for doing everything to keep us going. How could we not DIS for 24 hours.....it's just unthinkable.:confused3

OK 1am and nobody is home!!! Cmon someone is usually here. :) Oh well I want the other thread back as now I can't catch up and reply to other posts. Guess I will check in here in the morning and see who has jumped on this thread.

This is a test post to see if it gets on the board any faster then my previous post. That took forever. We'll see if it's improved.

Wow....that one went up like lightening. Maybe it just took a minute to work out the bugs and get it right.

Ok well the post you see from me up there after 1 am took about 5 minutes to post LOL. Guess we shall see how much faster it is now.

edited to add OMG posted in like 3 seconds!!!! But really I still want our old thread back. Even if they have to split it into part 1 part 2 etc. Too much good info to be lost.

Good Morning.

My name is John, and I am a DISaholic. :banana:

Well it took about 5 minutes and two tries to get that last post to take - all after an error message.

Alex, I would say, "Myth Busted"

It doesn't appear to me that the thieves and the Geeks are the ones dragging the boards down.

Now that one took two seconds . . .

I listened on the podcast, and what they have done is install additional servers that replicate the boards on each one. The theory is if one server is busy, you pop over to the next one to decrease the delay time. It's called load balancing.

Seems to me the glitch is somewhere in the load balancing software.

Good Afternoon John :cool1:

mmm different times now

Scottishwee35:thumbsup2

Good Morning Deborah!

Did you see my post on the "Robert Burns Night" on the old thread?

Not going to replicate it or try to here, but I got a taste of bagpipes last night and got to see a "Haggis".

The time for me looks about 10 minutes slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter