May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

amesmom

DIS Veteran

That book sounds like a great one. What was the one mentioned earlier in the week about time and travel or something like that? I think it was Nan and Angel who said they loved it but I could be wrong. I just can't seem to ever get the search to work here.

The Time Traveler's Wife. This was actually my pick for my book club awhile back. I love this book, but I have to tell you that quite a few in my book club did not. They claimed it was too difficult to follow/understand or just plain weird. :rolleyes: I must pick strange books because I get that reaction a lot from my book club when I make the selections. They are a rather conservative bunch. :rolleyes: Anyway, I was heartened to hear so many people here said they loved The Time Traveler's Wife.

If we had a pool here, we would be ice skating on it!!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Love Lifetime Fitness!!

I wish I had answers. My mom has always been this way. When my dad started to go downhill, I was the one who had to take the car keys away, really made my dad sad. He dies shortly thereafter. That was 1999. My mom has been okay by herself until the last 12 months. I wish she would just come live with us. We have the room and my kids LOVE having her here. IN the last 12 months, she has been here about 4 months.

I have two older brothers. One does little or nothing for mom (he lives in DE) and my other brother lives in SC. He handles all mom's money. Boy, does that make her MAD!! She wants to take care of her own money and she calls me up and cusses about my brother and the bank all the time!! I am glad he helps in that way. I do everything else......and I love it. My mom does not believe that....she thinks she is a burden and I tell her all the time "The best present you can ever give me is the honor of helping you and taking care of you" and she says B**LSH*T....she has always had a mouth on her :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Maybe we can get our mom's to be roommates? My mom is still in the huge house she raised us in. It was built in 1960 and no one else has ever lived there except our family. She can not bear to sell it......

I would LOVE that idea, but you can't get her to leave her house. She won't stay with me either. I have one older brother who works as an engineer on a ship in Jacksonville. When she gets critical, I call him home and he's great. He takes care of everything. As she progresses, he has to leave and get back to work. At least I'm not alone here, I have DH, DD, DSIL, DS and we all pitch in together. I just wish she would let me do more. Then I worry about her getting worse and staying stubborn and wanting to keep independent. I don't want to take her life away, but I don't want her to get hurt either. I just wish I could put her in a little cacoon and protect her. I fear it's going to get worse as time progresses.

Please keep me updated on how you and your mom are doing. It helps to know I'm not alone in this.:love:

The Time Traveler's Wife. This was actually my pick for my book club awhile back. I love this book, but I have to tell you that quite a few in my book club did not. They claimed it was too difficult to follow/understand or just plain weird. :rolleyes: I must pick strange books because I get that reaction a lot from my book club when I make the selections. They are a rather conservative bunch. :rolleyes: Anyway, I was heartened to hear so many people here said they loved The Time Traveler's Wife.

Thank you so much. I'll let you know what I think after I am done. I will have to look for both of those at the library next week. DH is heading out of town again so I need something to keep me busy when he is gone (since I don't sleep!).

I feel horrible, terrible, aweful....I should be in church right now. I would like to be in church right now...but I'm not. I usually go with DD, but since she just got back from Atlantic City this afternoon, she can't make it. DH is tired from the kids being here and disrupting his peace, so he won't go. I can't go alone because I get lost and wander around for a long, long time looking for it....I have done this before. I'm just plain wiped out today too. So, I'll have to say my prayers at home this year and miss the spiritual renewal that I get when I do go.:guilty:

Come on up!! We just had our appetizers of a dozen oysters, DH's two types of minionette (sp) and he and DD made their fabulous spicy shrimp too!!

We really aren't that far away...

Karen

Your dinner sounded delicious!! Did you mean Mignonette Sauce that you make with white wine, sherry vinegar, shallots, sea salt and white pepper? Or do you mean Mignonette pepper which is a coarsely ground mixture of white and black peppercorns mixed together seasonings with such as coriander and occasionally herbs to make the spice?

I will have to take you up on a visit sometime. DH and I had ceviche(scallops, ahi and shrimp) and fresh artichokes for dinner with Bellinis.

I ended up with a standing rib roast for tomorrow's dinner, with a salad, mashed potatoes, asparagus and peas and strawberry shortcake for dessert. I wish I could make Yorkshire Pudding...I always feel you need that with beef!

Sign me up for this meal! :thumbsup2

We are feeling the same pain with our pool. We have been trying to get it ready for swimming all week and it just won't clean correctly. Shawn has taken apart every possible part on the equipment that he knows how to. The cleaner and filter have been running for two straight days. At least the waterfall works! It has been in the low 90's the last few days and the girl's just want to get in the pool. They have grown tired of going down to Lifetime Fitness to go swimming! Might just have to break down and call someone in.

Peg's pool temp was 72 a couple of days ago....think I'll try a dip tomorrow!

I hit the grocery store after breakfast with Peg (and a nap on her recliner)...what a madhouse! HOWEVER.....what did I find in my closest grocery store liquor section? Banfi Rosa Regale! On sale.....$15 a bottle. I bought two :thumbsup2 Then immediately want over to the candy section for some Dove dark chocolates to enjoy with it. Now I just have to find someone to share it with ::yes::

Glad to see we hit 13,000 today....I knew you kids could do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter