May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

So sorry we won't get to meet you on this cruise, perhaps in the future!

1ST DAY GIFT GROUP....I think TIggersPal will be looking to join a gift group, as we talked about it this weekend.

Brooklyn (a.k.a. Stephanie) asked to join a group so I already put her into group 1. But TiggersPal - if you want to join that group too, I'm sure that would be great! Or we can think about starting a new day. We still need some team leaders and teams for other days, but I know we have lots of time!
Lisa

OK, so everyone kept ignoring my NBA craziness . . .

But WHAT a Game!

One of the all-time great NBA games!

If you get a chance, watch Sportscenter Tomorrow . . .

Cleveland may have a chance - no Florida teams in the playoffs!:happytv:

Even though we do not respond, it is fun to read your enthusiastic posts!:cheer2:

Cat 9 (6300.00) and Cat 11(5200.00) rooms open for two adults.

I keep wondering if I am going to miss not having a balcony. I haven't traveled without a balcony since I was a) teenager and b) on a cruise on the Island Princess that didn't have any balconies. I was nervous about being able to afford the cruise at all so that is why we opted for 2 cat 9. I also thought we could change our mind later and upgrade but now that these prices are so crazy it will be way too expensive to upgrade (and that is only if two adjoining balcony rooms become available). Argg...any words of encouragement? Anyone always travel with balcony and then went without and survived?? I keep telling myself just being on this cruise will be so incredible it won't matter. But I do love having the privacy of a balcony. It is nice to have this type of agony!!!:rotfl:

Please post pics. One of my dreams is to visit Maui. I hope you had an amazing time!:dance3:

I still can't quite figure out how to post pictures! I will try, although I went with my single sister and a mutual single friend (girl) and I tell you...most of the pictures would be at the hotel bar! Mai Tai, Long Island, Blue Hawaiin...it just didn't stop!
Lisa

CALMOM- I would love to be in a fish gift group if you still need people.

Also we have never had a balcony b/c of the cost. We figure we can spend the money on excurisions and use the stairs to go out on deck (more excersice to work of all that food).:cool1:

Brooklyn (a.k.a. Stephanie) asked to join a group so I already put her into group 1. But TiggersPal - if you want to join that group too, I'm sure that would be great! Or we can think about starting a new day. We still need some team leaders and teams for other days, but I know we have lots of time!
Lisa

I am up for anything. I can start a new day or stay put. Either way works for me. I am not exactly sure how you guys are doing the gifts but I have an idea for one. Just let me know.

I keep wondering if I am going to miss not having a balcony. I haven't traveled without a balcony since I was a) teenager and b) on a cruise on the Island Princess that didn't have any balconies. I was nervous about being able to afford the cruise at all so that is why we opted for 2 cat 9. I also thought we could change our mind later and upgrade but now that these prices are so crazy it will be way too expensive to upgrade (and that is only if two adjoining balcony rooms become available). Argg...any words of encouragement? Anyone always travel with balcony and then went without and survived?? I keep telling myself just being on this cruise will be so incredible it won't matter. But I do love having the privacy of a balcony. It is nice to have this type of agony!!!:rotfl:

We had one balcony and one inside stateroom for the 14 night transatlantic. The balcony was nice but we did not spend that much time out there at all. THat could have been b/c the Atlantic was pretty rocky and windy. Better weather conditions maybe things would have different??? One lady booked two CAT 12's on our cruise and told her they needed to be connecting. She got 2 CAT 8's b/c that is all they could do connecting. Have your stateroom #'s been assigned as of yet? Maybe you will get lucky like her and they will only have balconies connecting??? You never know.

I would save the money for the ports and extra things. 2 balconies on this cruise is expensive. Save that money to start planning your cruise after this one!

Hi Lisa - Prior to DCL 2005 all our previous cruises were balcony...and that was before kids so we lingered out there, etc, it was nice. I thought we'd miss the balcony when we did Mexico but to be honest, we were hardly in the room and we didn't notice. When we were in the room, the kids enjoyed being so close to the water, which is nice about Deck 2. Of course, that was a 7 day cruise and it was jam packed with activities. I've had concerns about the 15 day just because it's longer and my thoughts are there will be more down time (but maybe not-with all us DISers we may keep each other too busy ;) ) but at the time the rates came out, a Cat 9 is what we could comfortably afford, so I'm not going to regret our decision. I know it will be fun and in the end, I'm just happy to have a spot on the ship. Who knows, maybe the upgrade fairies will wave their wands our way.....:wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter