May 12, 2007 -- Taking the Magic to the Mediterranean -- 14 day Repo Cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

txaggie94gigem

<font color="green">Cruisin' with Disney<br><font
:cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :wizard: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :woohoo: :wizard:

Let's have a group hug shall we? :grouphug:

HERE IS UPDATED CRUISE INFO AS SUPPLIED BY OTHER DISers:

Here is the link to the list that Epcotkilter has designed for us:

Magic to the Med Cruise Roster

Cruise Activities for the Taking the Magic to Med cruise

Cruise List and other general info: Webpage by EpcotKilterFan at http://www.wideopenwest.com/~epcotkilterfan/ (see above link)
So if we have any lurkers or anyone that has not added their info yet:
If you would like to be added to the roster you can e-mail Debbie (EpcotKilterFan) at maymedrepo@wideopenwest.com

You can include as much or as little information as you would like. You can also a include a photo at the e-mail address.
DIS board name
First Name - Relationship - and age (or something close to the age ) for all of those in the cabin
Hometown
Stateroom number
Dining
You may include a photo if you would like

Pre-Cruise Banner and BBQ Party: Get together to help make the cruise banner and have some fun.
Web page link:
http://www.geocities.com/kissimmee_family/

Date Noon April 28th
Location 10 mile south east of Orlando International Airport

RSVP via Email to Kissimmee_family@yahoo.com

Pre-Cruise Wine and Cheese get together: Hosted by Scott H (Scott and Lynn) - to be held at Old Key West Resort on the evening of May 11, 2007. Unusally 4pm to 8pm or so. RSVP to Scott H. BYOB - More info to come. Room number posted here when known.

Pre-cruise meet at the Offkilter stage: Thursday 5/10/07. time - TBA

Cruise t-shirts available at Cafepress: http://www.cafepress.com/may2007ebrepo

If you are doing the Back to Back cruise - t-shirts are available at: http://www.cafepress.com/b2brepomed

First Day Dis-meet: informal meet at 3:00pm, deck 10, starboard side, overlooking the Goofy pool. Stop by and meet people, get your name badges and lanyards, mini-navigators will also be available.

Name Badges and Lanyards for all on the cruise list: brought to you by charwac1, tig82174/Jasonroo, gydell, Scott H, littleowensmommy, Bob and Lee, first timers, milestogo, seaulater, Tigrrtum/Dznelin, wrabitdad, kpros/spros.
Pickup your name badges and lanyards in the cruise terminal prior to boarding or at the first meet and greet at 3:00pm. Look for kpros - he's the guy wearing the cool custom lanyard everyone will want.

Bracelets for all on the cruise list:

please pm txaggie94gigem with size info...bracelets come in adult, 8 inches and youth, 7 inches...please pm your infor by Friday, April 6, 2007.

Grass Skirt Fraternity:
You know, if one person, just one person, shows up wearing a grass skirt, they may think he's really sick.
And if two people do it, they may think they just like each other.
And if three people do it! Can you imagine three people wearing grass skirts to the May 12, 2007. sail-away party and tropical night on DCL. They may think it's an organization!
And can you imagine fifty people I said FIFTY people wearing grass skirts to the May 12 Sail-away party and tropical night on DCL, Friends, they may think it's a MOVEMENT, and that's what it is: THE GRASS SKIRT FRATERNITY MOVEMENT! . . . and all you gotta do to join is wear a grass skirt to the May 12 sail-away party and tropical night on DCL, .........With feelin'.

Here is a link to official Grass Skirt designer clothing line
http://www.cafepress.com/soggy_moose
Note: no profit made on these items.

Info from DCL about Formal and Simi-Formal nights: provided by littleowensmommy and seaulater
From DCL: (always subject to change)

First and only formal night is Monday, May 14 (sea day)
Pirate night is Friday, May 18 (sea day)
First semi-formal night is Saturday, May 19 (sea day)
Second semi-formal night is Thursday, May 24 (sea day)

Pirate Night: Just in -DCL just told us that Pirate night was set for May 18th. Take this with a grain of salt.

Disboard Mini-Navigator: seaulater will be printing our own mini-navigator with our groups activities and the information from the cruise list. Will be available at the first meet on May 12. If anyone is celebrating a birthday, anniversary, honeymoon, etc., PM seaulater so she can add it to the mini-navigator. Need person's first name, (disboard name if they have one), the date, etc. etc.

1/2 way accross the Atlantic hosted by Scott H - time and place to be determined.

Tea with Wendy: littleowensmommy is organizing Tea with Wendy. Milestogo (Kelly) is keeping the list. If you are interested, let Kelly know by posting in this format - disboard name, name of parent, name and age of children. Here is the latest list of participants:
Littleowensmommy - Kathy and DD5 Amy
Gydell -Gydell, Betsy, and DGS5 Brent
misseulalie - Jennifer, DD6 Sophia and DD4 Lena
Milestogo – Kelly and Zoe DD4
NHdisneylover – Hadley & DS Rio (8) and DD Marika (10)

Internet Cafes: Information provided by Hopemax

Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Cyberdream opens at 6 PM on Sunday
http://www.cyberdream.es/public-access-internet.html

Cadiz
I found reference to two, but they don't seem to have websites. One is enred@2 which is supposed to be near Torre Tavira (the watchtower). The other is Cyber Cadiz which is at the Plaza Ingeniero La Cierva (but I haven't looked where that is).

Gibraltar
Cafe Cyberworld http://www.gibnet.gi/~cybercaf/Location: Units 14-16, Ocean Heights Gallery, Queensway
Price: 2.5 pounds for 30 minutes; 4.5 pounds for an hour
Hours: noon-midnight

Barcelona:

inetcorner http://www.inetcorner.net/gracies.html
Price: 20 minutes for 1.8euros additional minutes .05 euros
Hours: 10-10

We also have a request in with Inventory Control for this trip. It will be me, DH and DD3. We will be transfering our current reservation for Thanksgiving 2007 to this cruise. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks for starting this thread.

If my TA is on the ball, then my DH and I will be joining you guys on the eastbound repo. On 4/4 I'll either be crying or screaming (or maybe both)!

Seriously, it's been a lifelong dream of mine to do a transatlantic crossing so I can't even tell you how excited I was when my DH gave me the thumbs-up on this vacation.

Bumping this thread back to page 1 for others that may be interested. Got a call from DCL Inventory Control this morning. I let them know that we were definitely still wanting to do this trip and to move our deposit from Thanksgiving 2007 to this one. I was told that we would get a call back sometime next week with confirmation information! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

PrincessTToo said:
Seriously, it's been a lifelong dream of mine to do a transatlantic crossing so I can't even tell you how excited I was when my DH gave me the thumbs-up on this vacation.

Me too! I am so excited to do a transatlantic AND on the Magic!! :woohoo:

DH (Robert) and me (Linda) will be joining you on this cruise. We have two cruises before then, the 11 day on Sept 17, 2006 and the DVC owner's cruise in October, 2006. Then we will be able to focus on the Med. cruise.

Oh, and we leave for Hong Kong Disneyland on May 4, 2006 for 10 nights.

:cool1:

Ii am still awaiting my phone call....i wondered if they contacted people who requested the same rooms and will just call the rest of us with no conflicts next week with confirmation info!

call me! call me! :banana: :banana:

txaggie94gigem said:
Ii am still awaiting my phone call....i wondered if they contacted people who requested the same rooms and will just call the rest of us with no conflicts next week with confirmation info!

call me! call me! :banana: :banana:

Here's :wizard: that you get your phone call soon!

Linda!!! :wave2: Glad to be sailing with you again (10 Dec 2004). I think Kpros will be on this one too! :Pinkbounc :yay:
We have one more booked also. We are doing a double dip in Dec. :sunny:

I'm so glad I have you guys to talk to about this cruise. One of my co-workers said "I'm so sick of hearing you talk about this cruise and it's still 14 months away!" (I'm really not that annoying. He was just having a bad day.)

Anyway, the April issue of Conde Nast Traveler magazine has an article about Andalusia which includes Cadiz. It's just fascinating and has some beautiful pictures. I especially liked the quote about Cadiz "...it's cleaner than any port town I've visted and little troubled by crime". I also liked the discussion about ham. I guess they take their ham very seriously there. The author said he found some ham that was $325 for the shank. Good thing I'm a vegetarian!

PrincessTToo said:
I'm so glad I have you guys to talk to about this cruise. One of my co-workers said "I'm so sick of hearing you talk about this cruise and it's still 14 months away!"

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

DH is reasonably tolerant, but other family and friends are defnitely getting tired of it!

We're only tired of it because we can't go :p (and we want you to come play with us in the Med)

DH (Ted) and I (Kathy) will be cruising with DS (Owen) and DD (Amy). The kids will be 8 and 5 respectively at the time of sailing. We'll be doing the repo b2b with the 26 May Med cruise. I was contacted by DCL IC via my TA last Tuesday as we've been waitlisted since last August. We'll be in the process of moving from Virginia back to California during this trip. This will be our 4th (and 5th) Disney cruise. I look forward to getting to know you all during the next year!

MrsMork said:
Linda!!! :wave2: Glad to be sailing with you again (10 Dec 2004). I think Kpros will be on this one too! :Pinkbounc :yay:
We have one more booked also. We are doing a double dip in Dec. :sunny:

Yeah! See Ken and Shari will be on this one along with a bunch of other PC westbounders. I'm sure they will all start posting once they get the reservation made.

I talked to DCL yesterday, they said they are hoping to get port charges and fees a day or two before the 4th, but weren't sure about the air add-ons. They said they may not have that info until booking opens on the 4th. Also, the deposit per person is $500 for cats. 4-12; the 1-3 cats. is $750 and on the 1-3 the deposit in NON-refundable.

That's the latest I have.

Linda

Thanks for the update, Linda. I watched you all go through the Panama Canal last May and desparately wanted to be onboard! Decided then that I would not miss the opportunity again if DCL decided to repo the ship again. :thumbsup2

Littleowensmommy: did I read someplace that you are coming to Coronado? Welcome back to CA! How wonderful to do B2B!! What a great break during your move.

CACruisin' said:
Littleowensmommy: did I read someplace that you are coming to Coronado? Welcome back to CA! How wonderful to do B2B!! What a great break during your move.

Yes!!! I can't wait to get back out there. We were supposed to move back this summer but we got postponed. This will be our final move and we plan to settle there for good. The B2B certainly will break up our move. Hopefully, it won't break our budget as we'll be re-entering the Coronado real estate market. Are you from Coronado too?

littleowensmommy said:
Yes!!! I can't wait to get back out there. We were supposed to move back this summer but we got postponed. This will be our final move and we plan to settle there for good. The B2B certainly will break up our move. Hopefully, it won't break our budget as we'll be re-entering the Coronado real estate market. Are you from Coronado too?

<nosy Soccermom butts in here>
No, she's from up north of there - where the flower fields are a-bloomin'. Ah, that CACruisin'... She's the smartest, wittiest person I know. Too bad you won't get to meet her 'cuz she'll be with me in the Med :lmao:

( :wizard: make it so make it so make it so...- can't blame a friend for trying. Wait till you see how I beg tomorrow at school :rolleyes2 )

<soccermom crawling back into her hole promising to stay on topic from now on...>

Soccermom -- if you are going to post on this thread, then you MUST go on this cruise! May repo, May repo, May repo ... :wizard:

Sorry folks. Ignore Soccermom. Soccermom is my neighbor and we are not in agreement on which cruise to take. She would be a great addition to this cruise, if I can talk her into it!

Soccermom-Cheri said:
<nosy Soccermom butts in here>
No, she's from up north of there - where the flower fields are a-bloomin'. Ah, that CACruisin'... She's the smartest, wittiest person I know. Too bad you won't get to meet her 'cuz she'll be with me in the Med :lmao:

( :wizard: make it so make it so make it so...- can't blame a friend for trying. Wait till you see how I beg tomorrow at school :rolleyes2 )

<soccermom crawling back into her hole promising to stay on topic from now on...>

I love the flower fields! We took the kids up to Legoland a couple of years ago. There is just so much to do in San Diego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter