May 2010 Pre-Trip Report - Hooray! Leaving in Less than a Day!

Your plans look great! I'm in!

What a fabulous morning picture of the Poly! I look forward to seeing and reading more.

Your plans look great! I'm in!

What a fabulous morning picture of the Poly! I look forward to seeing and reading more.
Thank you for joining me!
I will post some other pictures, but they are not in good quality/as good quality as some other ones.

Hi all!

Here is a quick update on our ever changing plans. So, while I was looking at the park hours on the official disney world website, I noticed that on Sunday, May 9 Magic Kingdom is open until 1am because it has EMH. Now, we have not done a park when there was EMH since forever it feels like. We just found it was a bit crowded, especially the morning hours.

However, I came up with this idea that we should go to the MK that night and stay there until 11:30pm or so. The next day (Monday May 10) is my 19th birthday and I thought it would be cool to do that the night before that day.

I'm a little worried about the crowds, but I heard that EMH hours arn't as busy as they seem, and the ride wait times are not that long.

Do any of you have any opinions on EMH evening hours? Do you go to them? Or skip them?

Thanks!!

69 days left.
EEEEEK!?!?!?!
That's like 9 weeks.

I was thinking earlier today of what I should discuss in my pre-trip report, and I thought why not share some fond memories of my previous trips to Walt Disney World.

My very first trip to Walt Disney World was in April 2000. I went with my mom, my dad, my brother, my grandma and my grandpa. This trip was a first time for my dad and brother as well. My mother went when she was a small child, but she didn't remember what it was like at WDW.

It was a short trip compared to the trips in the years that followed. We stayed for 7 days at All-Star Music. I remember that we stayed in the Jazz Inn section of the resort, which is weird because I can barely remember other things about the April 2000 trip.

Anyways, being my first trip to WDW, I had no clue what there was to do or anything like that. I believe my addiction to WDW started when we first drove under the WELCOME sign. It was then that I stepped into a world of wonder and imagination. A world where anything was possible, if you could dream it.

My first ride was Space Mountain, and (here comes the embarrassing moment story), lets just say my reaction to the ride was quite entertaining. It started with me screaming at the top of my lungs, to crying, to screaming again but saying "STOP THE RIDE!!! LET ME OUT!!!". My dad had to hold onto my shoulders because he was afraid that I would fall out. Of course number one this ride made me afraid of the dark which started a chain reaction of me beginning rides with crying and screaming, especially if they were dark rides.

My family, needless to say, reminds me constantly of this moment. :lmao: It is quite a funny one.

I did end up going on Space Mountain, 7 years later that is. :woohoo:

We did night EMH at MK on our last trip (3 days ago :D) and it wasn't crowded at all wait time for Big Thunder Mountain was 5-10 minutes, The Haunted Mansion was 5 minutes - nothing was more than 10 minutes!

We did night EMH at MK on our last trip (3 days ago :D) and it wasn't crowded at all wait time for Big Thunder Mountain was 5-10 minutes, The Haunted Mansion was 5 minutes - nothing was more than 10 minutes!
That is great to hear!
I hope you had a fantastic trip!

I guess I am slightly worried because its on a weekend.

68 days or 2 months, 1 week and 3 days.
I cannot believe how fast time is going by. I really hope it doesn't go by so fast when I am actually in WDW.

I remember we started planning for this trip in December of 2008. That was back when there was 69 weeks. Now there is only 9 weeks left.

dscf0573j.jpg

Here is a picture of Mr. Potato Head!

We have changed the plans for Cape May Cafe from the Tuesday May 4 to the Friday May 7.

Monday, May 3 2010
7:45 am – Kona Café
9:30 am – Magic Kingdom
6:05 pm – Cape May Café
7:30 pm – Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Tuesday, May 4 2010
7:50 am – Captain Cook's Snack Company
9:00 am – Disney’s Hollywood Studios
5:00 pm – Downtown Disney Dinner

Wednesday, May 5 2010
9:30 am – Epcot
1:05 pm – Biergarten
5:00 pm – Lotus Blossom Café

Thursday, May 6 2010
7:45 am – Grand Floridian Café
9:30 am – Animal Kingdom
5:00 pm – T-Rex

Friday, May 7 2010
8:00 am - Cape May Cafe
9:00 am – Disney’s Hollywood Studios
1:00 pm – Boat to Epcot
8:00 pm – Epcot

Saturday, May 8 2010
10:00 am – Downtown Disney
11:00 am – Boat to Port Orleans Riverside
12:30 pm – Earl of Sandwich
1:30 pm – Boat to Saratoga Springs
3:00 pm – Shopping
4:00 pm – Ghiradelli’s
5:55 pm – Cape May Café

Sunday, May 9 2010
9:30 am – Animal Kingdom
5:00 pm – Earl of Sandwich
7:00 pm – Magic Kingdom

Monday, May 10 2010
7:45 am – Grand Floridian Café
9:30 am – Magic Kingdom
1:30 pm – Les Chef de France
6:00 pm – Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Tuesday, May 11 2010
7:35 am – Kona Cafe

YAY for getting down to 9 weeks. I love those last few weeks of planning and the excitement that it brings.

I love Cape May for breakfast. It's one of our favorites.

I know what you mean about that welcome sign. Every time we pass under it, I feel like I am home. It's so wonderful!

YAY for getting down to 9 weeks. I love those last few weeks of planning and the excitement that it brings.

I love Cape May for breakfast. It's one of our favorites.

I know what you mean about that welcome sign. Every time we pass under it, I feel like I am home. It's so wonderful!
I havn't been to Cape May Cafe for breakfast since 2006. I know that there the food selection is more my style.

We tried it for dinner in December 2008 and loved it, which is why we are eating there twice this trip.

There are I think three first time restaurants: Les Chefs De France, T-Rex & Biergarten. I'm quite excited to try these restaurants. This trip might be a challenge since I have recently become a vegetarian.

There is too much snow on the ground. I'll try and take a picture of it all to show tomorrow. I'm sure you would all LOVE to see a picture of snow!

67 days!!
Wow, that is close, haha.

I'm not sure if I will be able to make it to the Cinco De Mayo meet, it depends what we are doing before our meal at Biergarten.

Hi Polynesian Lily,
We have a quite a bit in common. We'll be at the Poly at the same time (Apr 28 to May 5) we're from Canada too (BC), we're both Taurus' (May 4 I'm celebrating my 19th...ok not quite...40th; but age is a state of mind right? And I am very immature for my age. LOL).
I'm right with you on the excitement factor. It is our first trip to DW and I'm travelling with my dh, dd(4) & ds(3). Can't wait!!!!!
Have a wonderful trip! Love your posts, keep them coming.

Hello!

"Separate Resources" is the new Disney Lingo that I learned today when making a reservation at the Afternoon Tea @ The Garden View Tea Lounge. We tried to make the reservation for Tuesday, May 4 2010 at 3pm and for three people we were told that the reservation would be under "separate resources" meaning that we would all be at different tables, and not sitting together. Loving the resources part of that term!

We made the reservation for 3:50pm instead.

Hi Polynesian Lily,
We have a quite a bit in common. We'll be at the Poly at the same time (Apr 28 to May 5) we're from Canada too (BC), we're both Taurus' (May 4 I'm celebrating my 19th...ok not quite...40th; but age is a state of mind right? And I am very immature for my age. LOL).
I'm right with you on the excitement factor. It is our first trip to DW and I'm travelling with my dh, dd(4) & ds(3). Can't wait!!!!!
Have a wonderful trip! Love your posts, keep them coming.
That is awesome!
I get so excited as the days go by!!
Hehe, we are all young at heart :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter