May 20th, 2023 - 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona (Toulon, Livorno, Civitavecchia, Naples, Palma de Mallorca)

I called DCL to find out the dinner attire schedule:

Day 2: Formal
Day 4: pirate
Day 6: Semi formal
Great, thanks! I wonder which day will have the Silver Anniversary event, maybe Day 6 since it's both semi-formal and our day at sea.

Great, thanks! I wonder which day will have the Silver Anniversary event, maybe Day 6 since it's both semi-formal and our day at sea.
That’s what I’m thinking. There were no notes from DCL on the sailing as to which day it would be which I was really hoping there would be.

Super excited about this cruise! We had to reschedule twice from 2020 and 2021, so we can't wait. And I was able to book all our first choices on excursions! YAY!

Is anyone getting a rail pass for this trip? We are “do it ourselves” and usually do a rail pass b/c we will be doing Paris and another country either before or after…

I called DCL to find out the dinner attire schedule:

Day 2: Formal
Day 4: pirate
Day 6: Semi formal
I am wondering if they have changed pirate night. When I booked our activities I noted that the pirate makeover was available on Day 5 (Naples), not Day 4.

Is anyone getting a rail pass for this trip? We are “do it ourselves” and usually do a rail pass b/c we will be doing Paris and another country either before or after…
We are taking the train from Barcelona back home to Germany (via a few days in Souther France), but are just buying normal tickets. I think you need to do a lot of train trips to justify the rail pass cost? I was send to a fantastic website with info about how to take trains and get the best prices recently and can totally recommend that for any planning: https://www.seat61.com/index-mobile.htm

I am wondering if they have changed pirate night. When I booked our activities I noted that the pirate makeover was available on Day 5 (Naples), not Day 4.
Wow! When I checked in back in January Pirate Night at the BBB was our Rome day and were sad we were going to miss it. Now it is showing on Day 5. I’ll call DCL soon to find out if other nights have changed. ❤️

Thank you for catching this!

Last edited:
I called DCL and the only nights that changed were nights 4 (Rome) and 5 (Naples). Semi formal and formal are still showing the same and they still do not have info on what night the 25th Celebration will be. They did say they are expecting more info soon so I’ll keep checking. ☺️

We are taking the train from Barcelona back home to Germany (via a few days in Souther France), but are just buying normal tickets. I think you need to do a lot of train trips to justify the rail pass cost? I was send to a fantastic website with info about how to take trains and get the best prices recently and can totally recommend that for any planning: https://www.seat61.com/index-mobile.htm
Thank you I use seat61 almost exclusively for my train itineraries! I believe you are correct the rail pass doesn’t make sense over point to point for this trip!

Thank you I use seat61 almost exclusively for my train itineraries! I believe you are correct the rail pass doesn’t make sense over point to point for this trip!
I am happy to hear that others already know of the Man in Seat 61. I was astounded at how comprehensive that website is!

Hi everyone :wave:

Was excited to see there’s a thread for this cruise - my husband and I are sailing. We only booked a couple of weeks ago and got a pretty good price considering we are so close - I guess a lot of people moved to the AU/NZ cruises as it’s something so new for DCL?!

We are silver so booking our activities on Saturday. I remembered this morning Palo brunch is only on sea days so I’m a little worried there will be no availability left. We have done the Remy dessert experience before and really wanted to try it again but I think it will be on the only sea day so trying to fit that and Palo brunch in on the one day would be a bit much I think! Looking forward to seeing how many drinks tastings there are too. We sat down yesterday and chose the excursions we want to book. It’s only Provence we are unsure of, I’m trying to find a better independent wine tour as non of Disneys offerings really appealed to us.

Our only other slight concern is the flight prices to Barcelona. However, we’ve booked a non refundable sailing so there’s not much more we can do about that.

Looking forward to chatting with you all over the next few months and hearing all of your plans :)

Was excited to see there’s a thread for this cruise - my husband and I are sailing. We only booked a couple of weeks ago and got a pretty good price considering we are so close - I guess a lot of people moved to the AU/NZ cruises as it’s something so new for DCL?!

We are silver so booking our activities on Saturday. I remembered this morning Palo brunch is only on sea days so I’m a little worried there will be no availability left. We have done the Remy dessert experience before and really wanted to try it again but I think it will be on the only sea day so trying to fit that and Palo brunch in on the one day would be a bit much I think! Looking forward to seeing how many drinks tastings there are too. We sat down yesterday and chose the excursions we want to book. It’s only Provence we are unsure of, I’m trying to find a better independent wine tour as non of Disneys offerings really appealed to us.

Our only other slight concern is the flight prices to Barcelona. However, we’ve booked a non refundable sailing so there’s not much more we can do about that.

Looking forward to chatting with you all over the next few months and hearing all of your plans :)
Welcome! ❤️

Welcome!

I have bad news: Palo Brunch is booked out already. Not sure if any gold CC members even got it.

If you miss out on the Remy dessert experience as well, send me a message, we have it booked, but are considering canceling it. We could try coordinating us canceling and you trying picking it up.

We are going to do our own thing in all of the ports, walk around Toulon and Palms, train from the ports to Florence, Rome and Pompeii. Gives us more independence and we live in Europe, so know we can get back easily and just want to get a taste.

As to flights: you could see if prices to other places in Europe are less and then book a separate flight to Barcelona. It take a train from Madrid for example. Needs some buffer time though. Good luck with that fare!

Thank you :)

Welcome!

I have bad news: Palo Brunch is booked out already. Not sure if any gold CC members even got it.

If you miss out on the Remy dessert experience as well, send me a message, we have it booked, but are considering canceling it. We could try coordinating us canceling and you trying picking it up.

We are going to do our own thing in all of the ports, walk around Toulon and Palms, train from the ports to Florence, Rome and Pompeii. Gives us more independence and we live in Europe, so know we can get back easily and just want to get a taste.

As to flights: you could see if prices to other places in Europe are less and then book a separate flight to Barcelona. It take a train from Madrid for example. Needs some buffer time though. Good luck with that fare!

Thank you and thanks for all of the tips. Wow, I thought it might be hard to get Palo brunch but not that hard. I know they hold some back for people booking on the ship but if the bookings went to the pearl and platinum cruisers, I worry about having a Disney cruise without one of the best parts haha.

I would appreciate if you could let me know if you do cancel the dessert experience, that’s very kind of you to offer! Thanks again

Thank you :)

Thank you and thanks for all of the tips. Wow, I thought it might be hard to get Palo brunch but not that hard. I know they hold some back for people booking on the ship but if the bookings went to the pearl and platinum cruisers, I worry about having a Disney cruise without one of the best parts haha.

I would appreciate if you could let me know if you do cancel the dessert experience, that’s very kind of you to offer! Thanks again
I think it is because of the only one sea day, not that there are that many Platinum cruisers. So, maybe you will get lucky on the ship. It also can't hurt to keep looking for it in the app now and then, people do cancel.

I just found out the Port Adventure we had booked in Toulon was cancelled by DCL. Thankfully there were still other options for us to pick from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter