May 23rd Fantasy

Discruisin

Earning My Ears
Supposed to be going on the Fantasy May 23rd. Anyone else booked on it? Any chance you think we actually go?

I keep thinking any day they will cancel it especially since most of the ports are not allowing ships till mid June. Guess Disney is trying to wait in hopes more people cancel before they have to issue out the 125% refunds.

Yes there’s a chance but you will have a better chance on winning the mega millions or powerball.

We are booked on this cruise. I am cautiously optimistic. If it sails, we'll be onboard. My daughter is a senior in high school and has everything in her life celebrating her accomplishments ripped away from her. All the dance competitions, recitals, awards ceremonies, prom, senior breakfast canceled. And graduation is being modified/canceled. She turns 18 in June and her only request for a graduation/birthday present was getting on a Disney cruise ship and being able to go to Vibe. It's the only club she hasn't been in. We were booked on a cruise in March that was canceled and moved it to this one. If it is at all within my power, I'll get her there!

Isn't there a no cruise order from CDC in effect until mid July? So May 23rd cruise, that would be a no.

She turns 18 in June and her only request for a graduation/birthday present was getting on a Disney cruise ship and being able to go to Vibe. It's the only club she hasn't been in.
That stinks. I hadn't considered the impact of age on clubs; for the most part everyone is trying to take a "OK, we'll do it next year" approach but if you are aging out of the youth clubs there won't be a waiver to get back in. Sorry!! (I'm still booked for the week following you.)

On this one, too. Waiting for that dreaded email at any point. Booked it on day 1 back in September 2018 and we’ve counted down to almost the 30 day mark. Holding out for the FCC and then we’ll see what happens from there.

Isn't there a no cruise order from CDC in effect until mid July? So May 23rd cruise, that would be a no.

The CDC has 3 options. None of which technically sets any date in stone, because 2 of them can override the 100 days. The CDC was tired of the kids in the back seat yelling "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?". So, they said if people ask around, they are going to turn the ship around.

Supposed to be going on the Fantasy May 23rd. Anyone else booked on it? Any chance you think we actually go?

I keep thinking any day they will cancel it especially since most of the ports are not allowing ships till mid June. Guess Disney is trying to wait in hopes more people cancel before they have to issue out the 125% refunds.
I'm booked on this cruise as well. It's 30 days out...so fingers crossed it's cancelled soon.
I booked this one from a March 28 cancellation with the 125% credit and a few extra dollars. At this point I just want the cash back.

I am on this cruise also. I don’t believe there is any chance it will sail although there are many people in my cruise group who are hoping otherwise. We are just waiting for it to cancel so we can get a refund. We can go to Hawaii for 10 days next year for less than this cruise and feel more comfortable about.

We are on this one too. Our March 28th was canceled so we moved to this one. We are assuming it is going to be canceled any day now.

i am sorry to be Mr. Doom - but even if by chance this cruise goes on - do you really want to sail on it ? With no vaccine in the near future, can you afford to get stuck on this ship for who knows how long due to a breakout!

I had a cruise booked within the first week of May. Looks like no ships will be sailing in May and likely into June as well at this point. I rebookd for August but even that is a "who knows" at this point but we all need something to look forward to at this point.

just as a quick question - are any of you Disney Vacation Club members and had to rebook a cruise that was paid with DVC Points and not '$' - is there any rebook credit ?

There's this YouTube channel called "LeggLife" and they have a lot of DCL and travel videos. They had a video today where they talked about how Disney cruises and Disney parks will be because of the coronavirus and they believed that DCL won't open back up until at least July 1. That's far from official, but they seemed to be pretty up to speed on DCL and the cruise industry

(I hope this doesn't sound like an advertisement for them, because it's not. I don't know them personally. I just thought that it would be good info)

There's this YouTube channel called "LeggLife" and they have a lot of DCL and travel videos. They had a video today where they talked about how Disney cruises and Disney parks will be because of the coronavirus and they believed that DCL won't open back up until at least July 1. That's far from official, but they seemed to be pretty up to speed on DCL and the cruise industry

(I hope this doesn't sound like an advertisement for them, because it's not. I don't know them personally. I just thought that it would be good info)
I LOVE THEM!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter