May 2nd, 2023 - DVC The Villas @ Disneyland Hotel

I'm buying on Day 1

• Yes

Votes: 22 14.1%
  • No

Votes: 134 85.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We pre-planned this and opened up 4 new credit cards to pay with. The purchase of 60 points was split unevenly between them with no issues.

CC BONUSES:

+50k AA miles
+75k AA miles
+65k Delta miles
+5 x 50k Marriot Certs

Chase posted as TRAVEL while AMEX has not. Citi and Barclays have not posted a designation yet.

On the credit card topic-- yep, re-confirmed that on the Sapphire Visa card, Chase Ultimate Rewards counted "DVC ESCROW PAYMENT" as "Travel" with 3x points.

@DonMacGregor @Rusty45398 - can I ask if your AMEX platinum gave you both 150,000 signup points and then 5x on the $15k (or higher) DVC purchase.
This was incorrect info. The Amex Biz Platinum does not give 5x points for DVC purchases, only flights and prepaid hotels booked directly with AmexTravel. Also right now there is a 170,000 point offer on this card with $15k min spend in 3 months.

Chase Sapphire Reserve on the other hand does code 3x for the purchase on travel, but to max out the credit card benefit it’s always better to try to knock out a few credit card sign up bonuses with the purchase.

Can I use one of those Chase business cards for a DVC purchase? They have great sign up bonuses!
Yeah, and if you can get a friend to send you a referral link so they can also get 40k points. I’m not positive but I would think the Chase Ink Business Preferred also would code this purchase as 3x for travel. Those ink ultimate reward points (all but the ink Premier) can then be transferred to your Sapphire account so you can use them with all of Chase’s travel partners.

Yeah, and if you can get a friend to send you a referral link so they can also get 40k points. I’m not positive but I would think the Chase Ink Business Preferred also would code this purchase as 3x for travel. Those ink ultimate reward points (all but the ink Premier) can then be transferred to your Sapphire account so you can use them with all of Chase’s travel partners.
Thanks for the response and tip!

Do both cards need to have the same social security number to transfer? I have an EIN I usually use for my business stuff but can use my SSN for this case if it allows it to transfer into my personal sapphire point pool.

@DonMacGregor @Rusty45398 - can I ask if your AMEX platinum gave you both 150,000 signup points and then 5x on the $15k (or higher) DVC purchase.
They did not, and I never actually said they did. As you can see in the post you quoted, I was also asking if the purchase coded as travel. I did grab the card on the suggestion that some cards were coding the DVC purchases as travel, but the AmEx Bus Plat does not. I thought I had gone back and added that info. but I guess I didn't. The purchase did go towards the SUB, but did not get 5X points.

They did not, and I never actually said they did. As you can see in the post you quoted, I was also asking if the purchase coded as travel. I did grab the card on the suggestion that some cards were coding the DVC purchases as travel, but the AmEx Bus Plat does not. I thought I had gone back and added that info. but I guess I didn't. The purchase did go towards the SUB, but did not get 5X points.
cool, this is helpful. thanks @DonMacGregor

I can confirm that a Chase Ink Preferred codes DVC as travel for 3x Ultimate Rewards.

I had no luck on the Citi Premier for 3x Thank You points.

Someone in another thread posted success with the Amex Personal Green since that is 3x on hotels.

I can also confirm the Chase Ink Business Preferred codes 3x for travel and I signed up and met my sign up bonus spend with the DVC purchase. Happy to send a referral link to anyone interested...just PM me.

We are booked opening day, does anyone know if they do anything special or what is a good time to show up

Has anyone found out if some of the duo studios actually have balconies? I really hope so!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter