May 8, 2005 WONDER

mbw12

<font color=blue>DVC member<br><font color=red>Has
I know this is early, but anyone else on this cruise with us?
We are two adults traveling with a DS who will bw 7 and a DD who will be 5.
I am so excited....but it is sssooo far away!!!!!

Hi mbw12

We're not sailing with you - but we can't wait for you to get off - cos thats when WE GET ON. Yes we're on the 12th May cruise and we're mega excited too. I started a thread weeks ago, but no-one else has replied (perhaps we're the only ones on it LOL!)

All this trip planning is exciting, is'nt it?

Have a great time.

mandymouse

just bumping up again.......anyone?

We're going with you Mbw12 Yipee:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Me and my princess: who is going to be just turning 12 yr old. I am soooo excited too. I've been looking at Navigators and menus and trying to decide on an excursion for Nassau. I even bought the passporter guide but from reading these boards I already know most everything LOL. Can't wait to go and maybe some of us will get a chance to meet up. Anyone else going on this cruise or do we have the ship to ourselves :p

We are trying to decide between this one and May 1. Our kids will be 4 (son) and 7 (daughter)!

I know....I am beginning to feel as though we will have the entire ship to ourselves!!!!

Bobbi

Hey Bobbi - well the kids will have the Mickey Pool to themselves won't they :teeth: I chose the 8th specifically because I wanted the ship to be less crowded and not on spring break or anything but this is a little much :rolleyes: Hee Hee I'm sure we'll get some bites sooner or later!

Looks like it is still just you and me, Julie!!!

Anyone else?

Bobbi

-Hey...Julie....I just noticed that our countdown clocks don't match?

Bobbi

Hi Bobbi - Yes it does look it will be just us doesn't it? :rolleyes: Wishful thinking ;) One thing is definite though - I can't wait to go :hyper: !!!!

My countdown clock is set to the start of our whole vacation which is May 2, 2005. I am doing the 3 day land/4 day sea package and adding 3 nights to the front because after all 3 nights in WDW isn't nearly enough ;)

I guess we'll have to periodically keep bumping this up to see if anyone else is going with us. By the way, do you plan on doing any excursions in Nassau? I was going to book a day room at the Comfort Suites, but it's sooo pricey and I'm planning on doing Discovery Cove's dolphin swim b4. I may grab a taxi and take it to the Wyndam at Cable Beach for a few hours though b/c it's free and has a beautiful beach and pool and can be used by cruise guests.

Hey, Julie.....

I am not sure if we will do any excursions or not. I was definitely going to do the Dolphin encounter, but have heard mixed reviews about it. The kids seemed excited, but I think they would want to swim with dolphins, not just touch a dolphin....so not sure if it will be worth the $$$.

I don't really want to do a beach day that day, because that will be what Castaway Cay is for. So, not too sure. I guess we will do the straw market, but would like to do something else in nassau, also.

by the way, now I see why our countdown clocks don't match! We are doing WDW AFTER the cruise, while you are doing it beforehand!!

Bobbi

Hi again Bobbi - so funny that it's just us on this thread isn't it? Anyway, why don't you go ahead and book the dolphin swim on your own because you can catch the taxi right off the dock? It is pricey but I'm sure so worth it. That's why I want to do the whole Discovery Cove thing. I was also hemming and hawing between DC and doing the Dolphin Swim but I decided to go with DC since I'm going to ask for it for Christmas as a gift from my parents. I'm hoping they will go for that :rolleyes: I suppose you are right about CC being a beach day but I do love the beach and there is also a huge waterslide at the hotel so I think my dd will like to do that for a few hours and then we'll head back to the ship. I've heard some mixed reviews about the straw market but I wouldn't mind looking around a bit. I just don't want to be hassled but I suppose that's part of the package at least somewhat. Are you taking your kids out of school to go on this trip? I am taking my dd out for 2 weeks and I'm a bit worried since she's in 6th grade but everyone both on these boards and here keep telling me it's okay. I've never done it b4 and probably won't again anytime in the near future.

My son is in first grade, and yes I will be taking him out of school. I took him out last year for a trip to WDW, also. My daughter is only in pre-school this year.

Bobbi

Oh well I think that's okay especially since they are both little. My daughter is in 6th grade and I am a little uneasy about taking her although everyone has been very supportive on these boards about doing so. Wow I can't believe no one else is joining us here either. I've read threads that have people going in June 2005 etc. so I don't know what's going on :crazy: We'll just have to keep bumping it up periodically I guess :cool:

Hi Bobbi - I'm just bumping this up again!! I am now splitting my land time to 3 days b4 with the package and 4 days after on my own. I had to so my dd didn't miss a full 2 weeks of school.

Hey Julie-

I guess it is still us on this cruise, huh?

I didn't do a package through Disney. I booked the cruise through DU alone. the the WDW part after the cruise, we own DVC, so I booked that seperately and we will be staying at Wilderness Lodge Villas which is my favorite resort!
Where are you staying at WDW?

Bobbi

Hi Bobbi - yes it definitely looks like it's just us LOL :teeth: Funny though because other cruises with later dates or dates around ours seem to have lots of people posting. I also read that the Wonder was going to be busy because of the Magic repositioning but apparently not (or at least on the 8th anyway) I think that is a perfect time too because it's not as hot in FL as it gets in the summer.

We are supposed to be staying at the Poly but I've been reading so many negative reports lately, I've been re-thinking staying there. I am also considering the Beach Club because of my daughter's age and of course SAB. Do you have an opinion of these resorts? I am going to try and visit the WL this time around for dinner and the HDDR. I've heard it's very pretty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter