May Crowds?

brave321

Mouseketeer
We're thinking about when we want our next trip to be (probably 2020 or 2021). I know it seems far away, but we just got back and are having Disney withdrawal. We want to go after Star Wars but don't know if 2020 will still be madness or if we should wait another year. No matter which year, we were thinking about going mid-May, like from the 14th to the 21st or something. What are the crowds like then? I don't think many schools are out that early, but I know that's when the Flower and Garden Festival is this year. How does that impact crowds?

We would really like to go in 2020, but if it will already be crowded with SW crowds on top, it's not something we want to do. Although, who knows how much lower crowds will be in 2021... Harry Potter opened years ago and that place is always packed imo

My guess would be that 2021 will be a little less of a madhouse than 2020, but if you have fast passes for the Star Wars rides, you'll be all right. By then, some of the other new goodies should be open, too: the new 3D ride at DHS, Tron Lightcycle and/or one of the new Epcot rides. That should all make the Pandora rides easier to get into.

We're thinking about when we want our next trip to be (probably 2020 or 2021). I know it seems far away, but we just got back and are having Disney withdrawal. We want to go after Star Wars but don't know if 2020 will still be madness or if we should wait another year. No matter which year, we were thinking about going mid-May, like from the 14th to the 21st or something. What are the crowds like then? I don't think many schools are out that early, but I know that's when the Flower and Garden Festival is this year. How does that impact crowds?

We would really like to go in 2020, but if it will already be crowded with SW crowds on top, it's not something we want to do. Although, who knows how much lower crowds will be in 2021... Harry Potter opened years ago and that place is always packed imo

We are going May 2020 also! But actually end of April into May...or the middle of May, undecided. 2021 will also be packed due to the 50th Anniversary and any celebrations. Plus Tron and GoTG may be open.
The next few years will be crowded regardless!

2020 may be crowded due to Star Wars, but at least you'll have a year of information and tips to get you prepared. And the new Mickey ride at DHS should be open in 2019 I think, so new for us! :)

First week of May two years ago was great for weather and crowds...Who knows what will happen 2 years from now though. But you cannot beat the weather!

2020 may be crowded due to Star Wars, but at least you'll have a year of information and tips to get you prepared. And the new Mickey ride at DHS should be open in 2019 I think, so new for us! :)
Yeah we were hoping that people would have tips and strategies by 2020. I think the new Toy Story Land is supposed to be done by then too. We're excited!

We are going May 2020 also! But actually end of April into May...or the middle of May, undecided. 2021 will also be packed due to the 50th Anniversary and any celebrations. Plus Tron and GoTG may be open.
The next few years will be crowded regardless!

I doubt that the Mickey ride will open next year. Even if they could build it that fast (it was announced last year) why open it at basically the same time as Star Wars Land? That would be almost "wasting" a ride debut, when the feeding frenzy will be centered around Galaxy's Edge.

I doubt that the Mickey ride will open next year. Even if they could build it that fast (it was announced last year) why open it at basically the same time as Star Wars Land? That would be almost "wasting" a ride debut, when the feeding frenzy will be centered around Galaxy's Edge.

It's listed on the New and Rumors Board by @rteetz as Fall 2019. Maybe that can change, but I'll believe that until then.

10. Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway Fall 2019

Following along... we’re planning a late May/early June 2020 trip. Interested in everyone’s thoughts on crowds. We’ve only ever been in the January/February timeframe... we’re not used to crowds. LOL

Following along... we’re planning a late May/early June 2020 trip. Interested in everyone’s thoughts on crowds. We’ve only ever been in the January/February timeframe... we’re not used to crowds. LOL
We weren’t either. Then we decided to go for NYE last year. It was amazing, but we’re hoping to not have to deal with crowds like that again

We weren’t either. Then we decided to go for NYE last year. It was amazing, but we’re hoping to not have to deal with crowds like that again

Crowds definitely won't be like NYE!!! From all I've read, it's a good time to go. There will always be crowds, but it should be very manageable - of course, this is before Star Wars is open, after, who knows!

I was in October of last year - crowded but no issues at all!

If you can go in early May, you would probably be better off, but I don't think mid-May is too bad. I visited April 28-May 5 and it was great. The crowds were moderate to low and the weather was in the upper 70s, but not super humid.

At this point, nobody really knows what the long term impact of Star Wars land will be except that DHS will become a much busier park since it will have 2 new lands and at least 5 new attractions. That being said, if you have dates in mind and are planning to stay onsite then it would probably be worthwhile making a reservation once the booking window opens up.

I plan took book ours as soon as packages open June/July 2019! Or maybe we'll grab at least the room 499 days out, knowing price will most likely change. I suppose we'll see next year if everything starts selling out early.

2021 will also be packed due to the 50th Anniversary and any celebrations.
What are the thoughts on when the celebrations start up? The actual 50th wouldn’t be until Fall 2021 right - October correct? We usually do our longer yearly trip in June but were thinking of skipping June 2021 and hoping we wouldn’t be missing any 50th stuff. @rteetz any insight on this?

What are the thoughts on when the celebrations start up? The actual 50th wouldn’t be until Fall 2021 right - October correct? We usually do our longer yearly trip in June but were thinking of skipping June 2021 and hoping we wouldn’t be missing any 50th stuff. @rteetz any insight on this?
The actual anniversary is October 1st, 2021. If we go based on Disneyland's 60th celebration would start Memorial Day weekend 2021 and continue into 2022. We obviously can only guess right now on this stuff.

I'm hoping people put off going in 2020 so they go in 2021 for the celebration and all the other rides that will be open by then. Then we will go back in 2023 after all that. ;)

The actual anniversary is October 1st, 2021. If we go based on Disneyland's 60th celebration would start Memorial Day weekend 2021 and continue into 2022. We obviously can only guess right now on this stuff.
I’ll have to keep watch and possibly rethink my plans. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter