May/June 2001 Trip -- Part 13: Universal Studios – Lunch

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
Part 13: Universal Studios – Would You Order a Salad at a Steakhouse?

May 27, 2001

The cast:
Me (the 29-year old)
RhondaS (moderator of the Community Board)
Scottie (RhondaS’ DH)
Erin (RhondaS’ DD)
Malarie (RhondaS’ DD)

We headed over to Lombard’s Landing for lunch. We arrived at around noon and were seated immediately. I was surprised that the restaurant was not busy, considering that it was a holiday weekend.

We were seated next to a window and the view was quite lovely. You could almost see the entire lagoon. The smoke must have burned off because the view was crystal clear. We did notice that the park was getting busy. The crowds seemed lower than I thought they would be.

Our server was really great. He kept on drawing pictures of fish for Erin. He also showed us photos of some huge fish that he caught. He also said that he has been working in the tourist business for a long time. All that work and he ended up being a waiter. I think that he really enjoyed his job, though, since he had an upbeat attitude and a joyful spirit.

Since Lombard’s Landing was a steakhouse, everyone ordered something with meat in it. I had to order a Garden Burger. It was kind of ironic since this was a carnivore haven. I’m always attracted to garden burgers, though. I am trying to find a really good one. I did find one at the Compass Rose restaurant in Fantasy of Flight. I haven’t found one yet that tops it. Maybe I should stop trying. I felt a little hungry afterwards and maybe I should have sunk my teeth into a turkey leg. Now that would have been a carnivore’s dream!

We headed over to Quint’s Nautical Treasures for a look around. I’ve seen most of this stuff before, mainly at Sea World and the Shell Factory in town. I did choose an outfit for Rhonda. I was wandering around and Rhonda brought up an outfit. She asked, “Blue or green?” I said green, although I was not paying 100% attention. I suppose I chose green because she was wearing blue. Why have more of the same? Now this must be how Scottie feels at the mall!

We then went to T2. Rhonda said that the person that played Kimberly Duncan was the same one she saw in September. Too bad we did not take a photo of her bootie so we could compare. I wonder what the Kimberly Duncan actress would say if we asked her if she was the same person we saw in September. We sat in the back and could still tell the actor didn’t look anything like Arnold. His chin wasn’t square enough and his nose was too big.

After T2, we had a webcam meet, so we headed to the Hard Rock Café and waved to the cameras. A few minutes later, a Universal board visitor approached us and introduced herself as Notatourist. I could only take photos of her feet since she covered up her face when I aimed the camera. We chatted for about 15 minutes before we had to leave.

I had an Epcot Garden Grill meet at 5 pm, so I headed back to the Portifino. The boat has just left for the hotel, but the shuttle bus was just arriving. I squeezed into the bus and it was packed! I headed to my room to pick up my Disney World annual pass. My phone had a voice mail and I thought it was about a problem with my reservation. It was a message about the smoke. I had already slogged through it this morning, thank you!

I headed off to Epcot at around 4 pm. As I exited the parking lot, the exit gate was open and a car entered through the exit! The exit gate came down and I was ready to put my key in the slot to get out, but the exit gate opened again! I drove right through.

It was time to hit Epcot for dinner.

Barry,

How was the gardenburger at Lombard's, similar to Margaritaville's? Also, my family doesn't eat much red meat. Do you know about the fish? Did you see a kid's menu??

THANKS BARRY!!

The gardenburger at Lombard's was OK, but it wasn't filling. I like the one at Margritaville much better. I didn't see the fish, though.

I don't eat red meat either. The last time (6/99) at Lombard's, I had the Seafood salad with shrimp, crab, lobster, and calamari with a citrus vinegrette. Excellent!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter