May/June 2001 Trip -- Part 21: Universal Studios – And Then There were Five…

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
May 28, 2001

The cast:
Me (the 29-year old)
Robinrs (moderator of the Community and Universal Boards)
Michael (Robinrs’ DS)
Nativetxn (aka Katholyn, chat host and moderator of Theme Park Attractions & Strategies and Disney For Adults & Solo Travelers)
Wigglium (I think that was his name, Nativetxn’s DH)

We headed back through the Hard Rock Café entrance and to Hanna Barbera. We were assigned the back row. The ride op announced for everyone to keep on moving to the furthest available seat. Some people didn’t listen and stopped in the middle of their row. This left some people walking up and down rows to find empty seats. The back row seems a bit rougher than the other seats. I’m not sure why since every seat moves the same.

Next was Michael’s favorite ride, Back to the Future. Everyone else seemed to gravitate to the back rows. There was an open front seat, so I took it. It beats getting your head bounced on the back wall! After this ride, Robin looked tired. She wanted a rest! She said, “All I know now is that I throw Michael into Curious George!” I was getting a little tired too. I usually don’t get this tired at theme parks. Maybe it was due to running back and forth to one end of the park to the other. Maybe we went through the exits and entrances too much.

Katholyn and her DH set off to experience other rides as Robin, Michael, and I headed to Curious George. We would meet at 7:00. I stopped by for a drink as Robin and Michael headed to Curious George. As I was looking for Robin, I happened to pass by a father and his son. There’s nothing unusual about that, except the kid was naked! The father was changing the kid out of his wet clothes right in the open! I found that kind of disturbing. There are bathrooms around the corner, dude! Please have some humility and dress him in a private place.

I found Robin sitting on a bench. She was 25 feet down from the father. I whispered to Robin that I saw a naked kid. Robin loudly said that some parents have no dignity in dressing a kid in the open! Shhh…Robin, they can hear us!

The clouds got ugly again and the wind really picked up. I even heard lightning! An announcement came over the speakers that said the Nuthouse coaster was going to close temporarily because of the weather. We had to find someplace to hide fast. Robin found Michael and we hid in the Universal Studios Cartoon Store. The rain really came down! We sat under the store overhang for around 30 minutes. Michael kept on asking me to drive them back to the Swan. I was not about to drive in heavy rain after what I experienced on May 25! We were going to wait it out. The Animal Planet show was running and we could have waited under there.

The rain calmed down to a drizzle and we saw Katholyn and her DH walking towards us. They were soaked and did not look very happy. They were running through the rain to meet us at 7 pm. They didn’t need to do that! We wouldn’t have gone anywhere because it was raining hard!

We headed out of the park. Robin, Michael, and Katholyn and her DH headed to the parking lot while I headed to the Portifino to get my car. We said our goodbyes and headed our separate ways.

I drove out of the Portifino parking garage. The gate was still smashed. I headed out to the hotel I would stay for the next two nights, the Quality Inn Kissimmee.

Hi Barry! If you ended up having kids someday, a little kids naked tush probably won't bother you anymore! LOL!

Naked kids eh? LOL!!! Maybe you should have pointed and laughed at the parent? LOL! Just joking ;)

Great report! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter