May/June vs September ????

fun2bmomof3

Mouseketeer
We have always went to WDW in September. The first two times it was the end of september/first of October. This year will be mid september 14-21. I love the non existant crowds, the fact we have yet to see rain on our trip, and now as dvc owners the lower point usage.

Now even though this year's trip isn't even here yet I'm thinking forward to next year............... Because of kid's activities ie football and cheerleading We are thinking we should go at another time. Mid June and July are out..... heat and crowds ... NO WAY! Hubby thinks it will be too cold in Nov/Dec or Feb to fully enjoy the pools and water parks. So we were thinking the end of May/ early June. Can anyone tell me how the crowds and weather will be then? Or how about February around the 20th?

Thanks,

Crissy

we were at SSR may 22-26th. the weather was very hot, and the crowds a bit larger than i like (we normally do january) but it was doable. better than the first week of june which we did in '04.

february around the 20th could coincide with the northeast february school break and president's weekend, so maybe not the best week.

I've gone in May several times and it is hot (not as bad as July/August but pretty warm) and we had no rain. Around Memorial Day weekend I recall pretty heavy crowds but otherwise normal crowds. (Not the light crowds you've experienced in September, but not horrible). I would not hesitate to go again in May.

I went once in early September and could not believe how empty the parks were - we walked onto every ride at every park all day long with no wait! Unfortunately, each day between 2pm and 4pm the heavy rain began, somedays it would last only a few hours and somedays it continued until bedtime! From 9am-2pm, though, it was wonderful!

We were there the first week in May this year and the crowds were pretty quiet. However it rained 4 out of 7 days :blue:

Ok it sounds like the end of May isn't the greatest time to go, but better than July/august. Easter always seems popular, so I was wondering if maybe a march or April not around Easter trip would be better than May. 4 of us have April birthdays so it would be kind of neat to celebrate at WDW.

Thank so much for the information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter