MAY THE FOURTH- HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

Kyndallsmom22

Earning My Ears
Hi all! We were planning to go to Hollywood Studios on May 4th this year, but heard that it may be overly crowded due to people celebrating "May the Fourth". Has anyone been to Hollywood Studios on this day? I am wondering if the crowds are mainly in Galaxy's Edge or are they scattered throughout the park. Thanks for any and all advice on this!

It’ll be busy in general that day. Especially if they release new, exclusive merch for it because people will come just for that and will arrive well before park opening to make sure they’re front of the pack to get it. Mostly resellers and Star Wars fans. I believe last year they had a virtual queue for some of the merch like the new legacy hilt to try and control the demand and they opened up the Muppets shop to sell the May 4th stuff there to try and contain and shift the crowds from the rest of the park.

Galaxy’s Edge will be busier because fans will just be there hanging around for the day and they usually have a lightsaber meet up down by the Falcon when it gets dark which can get pretty crowded. If you like Star Wars then go for it and soak up the atmosphere but if you’re indifferent to it then it might not be the best place to be that day but that’s just my opinion and totally up to you.

Do they only have special merchandise on the 4th or will they sell any leftovers in the days afterward?

My friend and I went for MTFBWY 2022. I had been to Batuu before, but it was the first time for my friend, an OG '77 SW fan. It was hit and *crowded* but good vibes, great people watching. It looked like normal costume rules were suspended, as many (adult) cosplayers showed up and showed out. Then, that night, a local group arranged a lightsaber meetup, and hundreds of people with lightsabers parties around the Falcon.

Two big caveats to my happy tale:

1) We were not interested in any of the exclusive merch and spent no time or energy trying to get any. (I did, however, spend my time in line for Smuggler's Run on my phone at shopDisney to get some SW merch. No Ahsoka lightsabers for me!)

2) We went the day before to do HS, see the Indy show, do Slinky Dog, MMRR, etc, and knocked out an ILL on RotR and a second trip at the end of the night. So the 4th was much more laid back and about the vibes than Doing All the Things. Star Tours was still an easy line both days. My piece de resistance was snagging an Oga's ressie, because it was a nice indoor break and the four strangers with whom we shared a table were all in a good mood.

Went pre and post Galaxys edge. They had a t shirt and a few other items. Otherwise it’s a normal day.

I am really struggling here. Does anyone know anything about where I can find info on the Lightsaber Meet up on May 4th? I have been googling like crazy but keep coming up with only a Disneyland meet up

We went last year and it was very crowded and busy all over the park. We were there or a week and that was the most crowded day/park we saw. As a matter of fact, we've been multiple times since then and it was by far the busiest day we've had over the past year. DH is a big star wars fan, I'm just along for the ride, but even he said he did not need to be there on the 4th when we go this year. And cinco de mayo the next day was nuts at epcot. I have these days reversed this year because of our experience last year.

There were no special shows or anything, but there was some special merch. I don't think anything sold out before the afternoon, though, and most of it was on shopdisney as well.

I am really struggling here. Does anyone know anything about where I can find info on the Lightsaber Meet up on May 4th? I have been googling like crazy but keep coming up with only a Disneyland meet up
I’m not sure if they’re doing one at Batuu East on the 4th this year. A Star Wars group I’m in but I don’t think I’m allowed to mention here are doing theirs on Saturday 27th April in the TIE courtyard at 8:45pm instead this year because the 35th anniversary of DHS is 1st May and they’re expecting it to be busy there all week for that.

Can anyone give advice on any May the Fourth merchandise -- I saw something on Food items recently but haven't seen anything on merch (if it's out there, please direct me to it!). What should I expect? Are there items in-park day-of which are not available elsewhere, or is it all a repeat of what's online at ShopDisney? Are any such items only in GE, or throughout the park? Are lines crazy? I'd love something small like a pin or a magnet, but definitely not important enough (for me; no disrespect to those for whom it IS that important) to stand in hours long lines for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter