McDonalds 100 Years Celebration

mickeem

Crazy4WDW!!
Well, I picked up my glasses this morning, they are very cool, round, unlike the square ones of the 25th anniversary.... (Easier to drink out of)..

Anyway, I also got a couple of the toys... wanted to see what they were like.... For those collectors of these toys, McDonalds has made this one very difficult....

They are in non-see through bags, and there is no notation on the bag anywhere telling you which toy is inside.... So, the bags will have to be opened to see what toy is in there.. Not a good idea for the collector who likes to have things MIB (Mint in bag)....

Anyone come across this problem yet? Anyone able to decifer which toys are in the bags???

Traci-

as soon as I read your post, I went to my local McDonald's..it was 8 in the morning..I asked for a whole set..they didn't even know if they had ANY..lol..finally sent someone into the back..and lo and behold..he came out with 4 cases of glasses..said that was all they had gotten..they gave me a whole set, as well as the lady behind me..(luckily for me I hadn't read the "with purchase" sign..neither had the cashier behind the counter!-lol)..as we were waiting for them to bag up our 2 sets..the manager came out and told all employees..that as of that moment, glasses were limited to ONE per customer per purchase!..guess they are expecting to run out quickly..so if you want a set..go get it soon!..also I asked them about how to identify which happy meal toy is which..they said as far as they know..there is no way..that each one is purposely bagged so you CAN'T see it!..so good luck to anyone hoping to collect an entire set..this will be nearly impossible..unless you are Rosie O'Donnell who McDonald's sent the whole set to!!!!

I believe I heard the idea is like pin trading, they will be having times at McD's where you and other McD toy collectors can gather and trade the toys so you can have a complete set!

Let's hope they have a better turn out than my TDS pin trading on Tuesday nights.

This really SUCKS!! I collect Happy MEal toys in general, but especially Disney ones. I stopped in for breakfast and was told they didn't have the glasses yet, So I didn't get any!

AND NOW I find out the toys are not marked, it will be near impossible to get complete set(s) of the toys MIB (Mint In Bag)!!!! ARRGH!!

Guess it works out for McD's, I will probably end up just buying more happy meals this way. Now I hope they still have some glasses and will sell me a complete set when I go for lunch.

but believe me if I find some code on the bags that COULD give an idication I will share it here!

Mike

Trust me there is no code to it...

I am the past president of the McDonald's Collectors Club-Northeast Ohio chapter, and we had organized trade nights for the Dalmations.

One of my members got real good at using a flashlight and the "feel it" method.

I was so hoping they would do an order form for the set like they did with the first Dalmation set. I am still checking with some McD friends. Some but "lots" of them and make the sets up.

If I hear anything I will let you all know.

Debbie

I just got home from Mc'D's. their fish fillet nuggets are great. Now my mother doesn't have to haunt me, I ate fish on Friday this week. I know she is going to get me for last Friday when I ate at the Crystal Palace.
The Mc'D's around here only got the first two of the glasses so I have Mickey and Pinocchio. I checked 3 area Mc'D's and they all only received those. So back to Mc'D's next week for me. As for those toys, they look really cute, but who can eat all those happy meals. I knew my kids came in handy for something when they were young.
Peggie

You can also buy the toys with a food purchase for $.99 each. When the teenie beanies were the rage I know people online would buy the cookies and a toy.

I imagine the best way to get these toys will be the same way to get pins you need.

Online Trading!

Or wait till the garage sale season starts and they show up in the kids stuff for a nickel or dime a piece. That's how I got the majority of my 101 Dalmatians, but it's really too bad they don't have a way to order the complete set like they did for both Dalmatian promotions. But my Mom has a friend at McDonald's who gave her all the promotional setup materials and no mention of a set.

I went 3 times today and NO GLASSES UNTIL SATURDAY!!!! :mad: They are trying to torture me. The good thing is that my husband had to go out of town today and he had strict orders that him and his friend had to each buy me a happy meal (they can do anything they want with the food) and a glass. I got Jasmine and Phil today. I was able to tell what Phil was before I opened the bag. But I think that was just a lucky one. I didn't have a clue about Jasmine. My husband is going to be so sick of cheeseburgers before I get what I want!

Is there a list somewhere of all of the characters included?

Took the kid to McDonalds for dinner tonight and bought 3 extra toys. Wouldnt you know it...3 Terks!! The good news is that you can see the name of the character through the bag if you look good. Soo back to Mickey Dees for exchanges.

Don't know yet if this is fact or wishful thinking because we've only gotten 3 so far but I noticed that they are numbered!!!!

Look on the front near the bottom. There is a very small red number. So far the 3 toys were different and one had a 1 and another had a 2 and then the other one had a 15 on it. I haven't gotten enough to tell if this is the case. 2 is Bashful. 1 is the creature (half horse or something) from Hercules and 15 was the elephant from Tarzan.

I also noticed when I looked at the sign at McDonald's that has all 100 that they represent almost every Disney movie BUT Peter Pan is not there! I couldn't believe it.

Anyone else notice the numbers, please post it here!

Thanks!

If someone finds out about ordering full sets, can they please post here? That's how we ended up getting full sets of the 101 and 102 Dalmations sets. We figured it was cheaper and easier than buying all those Happy Meals!:D Lisa

The last thing I need is more glasses, but if someone wants them, I can swing by my McD's and see what they have. Glasses for pins anyone? (grin, just kidding)

Ashley

The Dalamations were one of the most collectable happy meal toys. I have 1 complete set and almost another doing it by buying at garage sales and trading at flea markets etc.

The MIB didn't apply since they had to be opened.

Found a buy/trade board that has a dalamations board!

http://www.mcdclub.com/community.htm

Anyone else notice the numbers, please post it here!

I hate to disappoint you but I don't think that is what the numbers are for. When looking at my numbers so I could post them here I realized that two bags have the #31 on them. One is Jasmine and one is Donald Duck. It must be the lot number or something like that. Both of those are in a protective plastic thing. One does not have a number on it at all. I have noticed that some of the bags are thicker than the others and you can't see through those at all. Trust me I tried every way possible. I was able to figure out a few before I opened it.

So far I have Grumpy, Jasmine, Donald, Tantor & Phil. Can you believe that my husband wouldn't let me go back one more time tonight!? He was able to get two of the glasses in another city. By 12:30 the McDonald's he went to was already out of the Buzz glasses and didn't have any Pinocchio. This is so addictive!

Has anyone seen Mulan or Mushu yet? :D That is what I'm waiting for.

hopemax - Thanks for the link. Those pages are pretty cool.

Alright, since McDonalds is making this hard, hopefully someone can help me. I am a Snow White girl, so all I want is the Snow White toys. I am going to start getting toys and I will trade them with anyone who has Snow White toys. Email me if you've got any extras of Snow White or her boys and might be willing to trade for whatever ones I end up with. sherylz@hotmail.com. Thanks.

I bought one glass and one toy. No food purchase required.
I tried buying the whole set of glasses, but no go. ;)
The toy is Phil. The only number I see is on the front (red and white print) and it's "1".

I guess I was a lucky girl yesterday. I was able to get all 4 glasses. My little guy was happy with his happy meal and mommy was really happy that he got the Main Mouse for the first one. His dad and I both got Sabastian ! Back to mickey-do's today. I will see if I can get additional glasses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter