mcdonald's Disney World Happy Meal toys

disneyworldsk

DIS Veteran
anyone hear about the disney world happy meal toys coming in November to mcdonald's. they are ride vehicles apparently. how to collect?!

Their current Marvel promotion runs through the 9th, so I guess a release after that. If you plan to collect and trade/sell later, you would want to leave them bagged. The Happy Meal website does not say what the next release is.

Seems the release will be December 8th with 10 toys; Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald in various ride vehicles such as the Jungle Cruise boat, tea cup, Dinosaur ride, Tower of Terror, Runaway Railway, MK train, Mission Space, Expedition Everest, Soarin and Pirates.

Do these circulate all at one time, or is there a weekly roll-out?

Hoping they dump them all at once. I have not seen any promotional material yet specifying particular weekly release dates.

Looks like these toys are being released this week. They are also being tied to a promotion starting the 17th to win a trip for 4 to WDW with a code inside the toy bag. Code is scanned through the app and entries run through Jan 18th.

In my area (TX) they release today 11/17/20. I am headed over for lunch and I am being told they only have #1 Goofy as of now. Some will allow you to just purchase the toy but the Happy Meal box has a code you can enter to win a Disney World trip. You can also purchase full sets on ebay. I see a lot of burgers in my future, lol! :)

Sad update, at least here is Illinois but I assume everywhere, the toys are being recalled due to a faulty QR code (assuming the one on the scan and win card inside the packages). I've been to two McD's today that have pulled the toys and are giving out generics with the Happy Meals. I'm thinking that the rest of the collection won't see the light of day. I was only able to get #1 - #4. So bummed, I was really looking forward to the Tower of Terror one. That ride doesn't get a lot of love. :mad:

Sad update, at least here is Illinois but I assume everywhere, the toys are being recalled due to a faulty QR code (assuming the one on the scan and win card inside the packages). I've been to two McD's today that have pulled the toys and are giving out generics with the Happy Meals.

Same thing happened to me today at a location in California. They said the toys have been recalled, but no explanation was given. I checked about 5 locations today - 4 were still giving out the toys. One of those four even said they're expecting a new shipment on Wednesday.

On my entry tickets for the WDW vacation, I noticed it says to scan the code by 8/31/20, so maybe the recall has something to do with that.

Same thing happened to me today at a location in California. They said the toys have been recalled, but no explanation was given. I checked about 5 locations today - 4 were still giving out the toys. One of those four even said they're expecting a new shipment on Wednesday.

On my entry tickets for the WDW vacation, I noticed it says to scan the code by 8/31/20, so maybe the recall has something to do with that.
I would expect all will stop selling them by tomorrow. I got the #4 today at lunchtime at one location, but was turned away at the other two locations an hour later. I think it's a matter of the management at each franchise checking their emails. Not sure it's the date thing as the box has a notice to ignore the date on the Game Ticket. Maybe the QR code isn't working properly. I wonder if a bunch of people won vacations already, when only one was supposed to be awarded?? Can you imagine?

126274903_10221935841657766_2344284218432445592_n.jpg

Ok this is a horrible photo that was just posted to Facebook, but it's the recall alert sent to the restaurants with instructions to watch for new MMRR toys without the Game Cards arriving as early as today for distribution purposes through Dec. 2nd.

So there may be some hope we will see additional toys released.

127118404_10102970086020885_5753628240692258455_n.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter