MCO airport security Reservation Lane

helix-helix

Earning My Ears
MCO just announced a new reservation lane at airport security checkpoints. Making a reservation is free. You can reserve times from 5am to 11am and avoid the normal security lines.

I’m too new to post links but the announcement is on their twitter @MCO.

Are you referring to this?........

All you are doing is reserving a time to go through the normal security line.

Are you referring to this?........

All you are doing is reserving a time to go through the normal security line.
Yes and no. It is the Reservation Lane by CLEAR, but it is not just the normal security line even though it still puts you through the standard security check. They specifically state that it is a pilot program with an "exclusive and shorter lane". Maybe I was wrong to say announced as it may not just just be starting.

The MCO website says it is a pilot program being tried in Orlando. I was responding to your thread title of 'security free' which is misleading. All departing passengers at every airport go through some kind of security screening. This pilot program sounds like you would wait in a separate line depending on the time you have reserved and then enter the normal screening area.

The MCO website says it is a pilot program being tried in Orlando. I was responding to your thread title of 'security free' which is misleading. All departing passengers at every airport go through some kind of security screening. This pilot program sounds like you would wait in a separate line depending on the time you have reserved and then enter the normal screening area.
I gotcha and didn't mean to imply that there would be no security. Edited the poorly worded title.

I believe OP meant there to be a comma in there. The reservation is free. This has been running for a couple months now. It works just like CLEAR, you end up going straight to the ID checker and into the lines. Not a bad program if you can make it work for you. Does not work if you have Precheck however. We discussed it here when it was first announced.

TSA FP+ :) I wonder what kind of grace time they will give you one way or another.

Yes will be interesting to see how this pilot program works out and if it really saves any time or makes the process any more efficient. I would imagine you will still have those who made a reservation standing around the security entrance waiting for their assigned time.

Bumping this to see if anyone has any recent experiences with this? Did it actually save you time? What time was your flight (i.e. was it during a busier time, or really early/late in the day?)

It's only giving a 3 day window to book currently? And it won't let me access April at all? Is this a change?

When I first saw this thread, I followed the link and was able to make a reservation for my return trip which is March 27. At that time, there was plenty of availability. I will report back after to let everyone know how it went.

Bumping this to see if anyone has any recent experiences with this? Did it actually save you time? What time was your flight (i.e. was it during a busier time, or really early/late in the day?)

It's only giving a 3 day window to book currently? And it won't let me access April at all? Is this a change?
I saw someone in another thread here talking about it today. Post #12 in this thread. https://www.disboards.com/threads/early-0700-flights-on-a-monday.3875169/#post-63858706
Nothing bad to say about it so I guess it worked out for them.

We’ve used it quite easily in Dec and Jan, but our trip in Feb (President’s Day weekend) it was not open and we wanted 40 minutes to get through security.

We have Precheck so didn't use this, but the security lines were insane on Monday at 5:15am. I'm sure some people missed their flights. I've never seen the lines so long.

We got through in less than five minutes. Saw many people running to gates once we got to the other side of the airport.

I used the Reservation lane this morning.
I made my reservation back in February and there were plenty of time slots to choose from.
My reservation was for 8:20am (my choice) for a 9:30 flight. I arrived at the airport around 7:30, checked my bag, and ate some breakfast. The regular security line was quite long as others have been describing.I was flying Southwest if that makes any difference. The Reservation lane was a bit difficult to locate at first, but then I saw the flags up. I got to the lane a bit before 8:00am. I must have looked a bit confused, because a woman with a CLEAR polo shirt on started talking to me. I told her that I had made a reservation but that I was early. She asked for my bar code and she scanned my phone with her phone, then said I was okay to get in the line. There were 2 lines with one group in each in each line, and one TSA agent for each line. Once the TSA agent approved me, I quickly went to a line for the scanning/x-ray. The TSA agent there was a bit of a jerk, but that has nothing to do with the Reservation system. My husband who had pre-check was waiting for me on the other side but only waited a minute or two.

I think this is a great option. However, once more people start using it, I don’t see how it will be of much benefit. If there are a limited number of slots and no cost,it will become the next thing we have to wake up early to reserve x days out. Maybe the reservation system will have an extra cost at some point, but we will just have to wait and see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter