MCO - New Enhanced Security Screening, Eff. 04.23.2019

On the other end, I requested a 3 1/2 hour pick up on my last trip, and it's a good thing I did. On the way to the airport, we were in a traffic jam because of a car accident. Fortunately, I still got to the airport about 2 hours ahead of the flight, but if I'd had a 3 hour pick-up, as originally scheduled, it would have been closer.

Jeez, sorry! :flower3:

Jeez, sorry! :flower3:

Something similar to possibility of being late to arrive at MCO if I hadn't been at the three hour appointment for DME.

Except using a wheelchair, the first DME bus' wheelchair lift was broken.

The second DME bus already had the wheelchair areas occupied.

The third DME bus driver couldn't figure out that he parked to far away from the curb and then couldn't get the bus wheelchair lift to touch the ground.

The fourth DME bus arrived and he helped the third DME bus driver operate the wheelchair lift.

I arrive one hour before boarding, and I was happy that I had TSA precheck.

Things happen.

The worst part for me was that I felt like I was holding up the other DME bus passengers because of my need to use the wheelchair lift.

According to my most recent DME experience, the departure notice says the default is to pick up passengers 3-hours before a domestic flight, and 4-hours before an international flight.

That seems to allow for an hour on the road and the recommended airport check-in window.

The notification specifically said DME would not take requests for pick up times. I assume most people would underestimate the travel time required and try to squeeze in one last park attraction.

I decided to rent a car to visit friends and drove myself to the airport. I asked the resort how to cancel a DME reservation and to my surprise the cast member said ‘just don’t show up.’ I decided to see it through and called DME to cancel. They were genuinely grateful for the consideration in letting them know.

I would hope the bus waits a few minutes for people running behind and a no-show would make everyone late. Hard to believe there is no easy way to cancel a DME at the hotels.

Still, there are only two Security checkpoints - one for all Side A gates, one for all Side B gates. https://orlandoairports.net/site/uploads/Translate_Wayfinding_Map.png
No, that's not correct. There is a security check point for gates 1-59 on the west end of the terminal building. Gates 70-129 have their terminal on the east end of the building.

For example, United and Delta are both on the B side of the terminal. But United uses gates in the 30-59 "air side", while Delta uses gates in the 70-99 air side. Very different security check points.

Not true look at the diagram you linked. A and B are top and bottom. Security is left and right.
No, that's not correct. There is a security check point for gates 1-59 on the west end of the terminal building. Gates 70-129 have their terminal on the east end of the building.

For example, United and Delta are both on the B side of the terminal. But United uses gates in the 30-59 "air side", while Delta uses gates in the 70-99 air side. Very different security check points.

I think the point is, there are 2 checkpoints. No more
Even if not 100% A and 100% B. Just that there are 2

@AngiTN, no we aren't arguing about the number of security check points. Only that describing them as Side A and Side B is incorrect.

According to my most recent DME experience, the departure notice says the default is to pick up passengers 3-hours before a domestic flight, and 4-hours before an international flight.

That seems to allow for an hour on the road and the recommended airport check-in window.

The notification specifically said DME would not take requests for pick up times. I assume most people would underestimate the travel time required and try to squeeze in one last park attraction.

I decided to rent a car to visit friends and drove myself to the airport. I asked the resort how to cancel a DME reservation and to my surprise the cast member said ‘just don’t show up.’ I decided to see it through and called DME to cancel. They were genuinely grateful for the consideration in letting them know.

I would hope the bus waits a few minutes for people running behind and a no-show would make everyone late. Hard to believe there is no easy way to cancel a DME at the hotels.
While yes it's good to let them know they don't wait to the point that everyone is running late.
They build in a "wait time" and if you don't make it, you don't make it. They don't wait past their cushion given for each stop. Or aren't supposed to

Something similar to possibility of being late to arrive at MCO if I hadn't been at the three hour appointment for DME.

Except using a wheelchair, the first DME bus' wheelchair lift was broken.

The second DME bus already had the wheelchair areas occupied.

The third DME bus driver couldn't figure out that he parked to far away from the curb and then couldn't get the bus wheelchair lift to touch the ground.

The fourth DME bus arrived and he helped the third DME bus driver operate the wheelchair lift.

I arrive one hour before boarding, and I was happy that I had TSA precheck.

Things happen.

The worst part for me was that I felt like I was holding up the other DME bus passengers because of my need to use the wheelchair lift.

Wow, that is horrible. After the second bus couldn’t accommodate you, Disney should have sent a Minnie van to take you. You shouldn’t miss your flight because DME can’t get their act together. You must be a very patient, understanding person. What a stressful way to end your vacation. And it wasn’t you who was holding things up. It was DME. All on them for not having functioning equipment on their buses with drivers who know how to use them.

While yes it's good to let them know they don't wait to the point that everyone is running late.
They build in a "wait time" and if you don't make it, you don't make it. They don't wait past their cushion given for each stop. Or aren't supposed to
If everyone on the list boards the bus can leave a few minutes early. My last trip the driver waited a few minutes. JMO, a person who's not taking the bus should take the few minutes it takes to call the number on the letter.

If everyone on the list boards the bus can leave a few minutes early. My last trip the driver waited a few minutes. JMO, a person who's not taking the bus should take the few minutes it takes to call the number on the letter.

I agree! We have only used MDE twice. Both times I only wanted to use it to get to WDW & had a towncar to return to the airport. But I had both ways booked with DME. I called DME from the hotel a day or 2 before departure to cancel the pick up. Both times the agent was very surprised & happy that I called to cancel. Apparently most people don’t call. It took all of 3 minutes to call & cancel. Seems so inconsiderate to not cancel so the space can be used for someone else & buses can run as efficiently as possible.

Yes, which has been said, call and cancel
Point was that if someone doesn't call, it's not going to make the rest of the bus late when they wait. They don't wait and wait and wait. They have a set time at each resort and that's it.
Heck, with the constant flow of ME buses and since so many resorts, if not all, can only take 1 at a time, it is likely they can't even leave early, if that puts them early to the next stop. Probably wouldn't be able to get to the drop off early, not to mention, you'd just have to wait there longer, since they can't shift their schedule much.

Heck, with the constant flow of ME buses and since so many resorts, if not all, can only take 1 at a time, it is likely they can't even leave early, if that puts them early to the next stop. Probably wouldn't be able to get to the drop off early, not to mention, you'd just have to wait there longer, since they can't shift their schedule much.
Unless something has changed most stops are 5 minutes apart. That's 5 minutes to board wheelchairs, load luggage, check off names, wait for stragglers and drive to the next resort.
It's not about switching the schedule. It's a matter of trying to keep the schedule.

I would hope the bus waits a few minutes for people running behind
No, it shouldn't wait. The assigned pickup time is when the DME bus is scheduled to leave the resort.
@AngiTN, no we aren't arguing about the number of security check points. Only that describing them as Side A and Side B is incorrect.
You're right. I was looking at the diagram, not the designations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter