MDE app problems

dumpydick

Earning My Ears
I cannot get the page to load to choose our magic bands for our trip. I was able to view them last week, now they won't come up. I've tried on my desktop also. I've chatted. And called disney but they haven't a clue. Anyone else having troubles?

Is it for international guests because WDW have stopped pre-arrival magicbands for international guests if you are in USA you should be ok just log in and out, close the MDE app and restart.
Hope this helps

I had trouble a couple weeks ago both on the app and my computer. It worked itself out. I was able to check out the MagicBands this morning.

Is it for international guests because WDW have stopped pre-arrival magicbands for international guests if you are in USA you should be ok just log in and out, close the MDE app and restart.
Hope this helps
No I'm US.. by closing the app do you mean delete the app off my phone and install it again? Because the desktop won't work either. Everything else is there, both reservations AP, grandkids tickets, and so on...

No I'm US.. by closing the app do you mean delete the app off my phone and install it again? Because the desktop won't work either. Everything else is there, both reservations AP, grandkids tickets, and so on...
Thank for asking
What I meant about closing the app is you know there's three buttons on the phone back, home and recent opened apps click on the button for recent opened apps and close everything them go back into My Disney Experience App and everything should return and you should be able to see the MagicBands.

That's what worked for me when my reservations kept disappearing I had to click on recent apps and close all apps them click back on the My Disney Experience App and my reservations came back on.

On WDW website there's a live chat you usually get quick response just ask for guest secure form to give them permission to open your reservation and it fill it in and ask them you are having difficulty in finding magicbands on My Disney Experience App.

Thank for asking
What I meant about closing the app is you know there's three buttons on the phone back, home and recent opened apps click on the button for recent opened apps and close everything them go back into My Disney Experience App and everything should return and you should be able to see the MagicBands.

That's what worked for me when my reservations kept disappearing I had to click on recent apps and close all apps them click back on the My Disney Experience App and my reservations came back on.

On WDW website there's a live chat you usually get quick response just ask for guest secure form to give them permission to open your reservation and it fill it in and ask them you are having difficulty in finding magicbands on My Disney Experience App.
I will check into what you suggested. It might be what I already do. I close my apps each time I use the phone. I did chat numerous times and have called 3 times. They never get it solved. But they have tried. They told me to buy them when we get there. It's very aggravating. I would think after 2 weeks they could figure it out and fix. But I surely appreciate your help and any help. I wouldn't be so set on everything working but my granddaughters (first timers) are looking forward to getting them in the mail. Plus if they want us to do everything on the MDE then it sure as **** should work! Lol

I will check into what you suggested. It might be what I already do. I close my apps each time I use the phone. I did chat numerous times and have called 3 times. They never get it solved. But they have tried. They told me to buy them when we get there. It's very aggravating. I would think after 2 weeks they could figure it out and fix. But I surely appreciate your help and any help. I wouldn't be so set on everything working but my granddaughters (first timers) are looking forward to getting them in the mail. Plus if they want us to do everything on the MDE then it sure as **** should work! Lol
When the MagicBands arrive you should be able to link your tickets, resort reservation and everything in My Disney Experience App into the MagicBand if you have difficulty in linking information into MagicBand ask a cast member at Disney Springs ticket center or at a will call outside each park and they should be able to link all information in your MagicBand.

Have you made sure everything is updated in your personal info .
Including updates for the APP ?
It’s important to keep everything current .
Also you can remove or delete any old outdated magicbands in your history . That might help .
You can activate , deactivate or report lost in manage your magicbands on MDE .

Last edited:
Have you made sure everything is updated in your personal info .
Including updates for the APP ?
It’s important to keep everything current .
Also you can remove or delete any old outdated magicbands in your history . That might help .
You can activate , deactivate or report lost in manage your magicbands on MDE .
Yes all of that was tried! I can't deactivate, I can do anything that pertains to magicbands. My reservations are all there as normal. I was able to view everything magicband related, even the prompt to choose new ones weeks ago. It all changed when a wait list came in and I called DVC to put it on MDE. I'm headed into my sister in laws to use her computer to see. I'm baffled and disney hasn't a clue what's happened.

When the MagicBands arrive you should be able to link your tickets, resort reservation and everything in My Disney Experience App into the MagicBand if you have difficulty in linking information into MagicBand ask a cast member at Disney Springs ticket center or at a will call outside each park and they should be able to link all information in your MagicBand.

Thank you.. the magicbands aren't available on MDE for me to even choose, even my old ones.im going to go to my sister in laws home and use her computer to log into my account just to see!

Yes all of that was tried! I can't deactivate, I can do anything that pertains to magicbands. My reservations are all there as normal. I was able to view everything magicband related, even the prompt to choose new ones weeks ago. It all changed when a wait list came in and I called DVC to put it on MDE. I'm headed into my sister in laws to use her computer to see. I'm baffled and disney hasn't a clue what's happened.
Mystery solved.. ok not solved but....I went into my sister in laws to use her desktop just to see if it may work. It didn't.
So I then logged into her account to see if she could see HER bands and the prompt to pick them out. We'll everything that should be on mine was on hers?? I called Asap.. explained and he got on looked and had no answers as to how, Why.. they worked on it for an hour and gave up. He said go ahead and try to order them off her account. My reservation # are on hers and mine. We are not even going with them! It's very confusing and they have no idea how that could happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter