• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MDE Character Icons-How do I change them?

bayportkat

Mouseketeer
When I used MDE for my last trip, I was able to customize the character icons for my family in addition to myself. This time, I am only able to give myself a character- the others come up as blue Mickey icons. I was just wondering if there is a way to do it that I am missing? My 6 year old was looking at our plans and we couldn't figure out how to add a character to his! Thanks in advance!

Go to your "Family & Friends" list and select update for the profile(s) you want to update the avatar for. After selecting update, there should be an option to Change Character.

Currently, there appears to be an avatar display issue with FP+ selections in the MDE mobile app. The avatar will likely only show for the primary MDE account holder. Avatars for room reservations appear correctly. Don't currently have any dining reservations so not sure if all avatars display correctly on those.

Is it the same people? Mine just pulls the people and avatar from the previous trip. You just need to make sure they are linked correctly on the reservation to the friends+family account.

Sometimes MDE does glitch and not display them correctly - but it's worth a call to Disney IT to be sure everyone is linked correctly. When my family isn't linked correctly we just get "blue mickeys". Then we have to match our accounts so our tickets are linked.

Go to your "Family & Friends" list and select update for the profile(s) you want to update the avatar for. After selecting update, there should be an option to Change Character.

Currently, there appears to be an avatar display issue with FP+ selections in the MDE mobile app. The avatar will likely only show for the primary MDE account holder. Avatars for room reservations appear correctly. Don't currently have any dining reservations so not sure if all avatars display correctly on those.
The only avatar showing is mine. I will check my husband's account to see if I can add one for him. When I go to update for the kids, there is no option for Change Character.

Is it the same people? Mine just pulls the people and avatar from the previous trip. You just need to make sure they are linked correctly on the reservation to the friends+family account.
It is the same people! That is what I remember from previous trips- they kept the same avatars. I don't know how to link them as they are minors and don't have their own accounts. Maybe I am missing something.

I had that issue for our November trip and IT had to fix something.
Wonderful! Just spent 90 minutes on the phone with them the other day! Going to have to call again since the issue they fixed is now not allowing my travel agent to view my reservation for final payment. Maybe I can kill two birds with one stone when I call next time.

Sometimes MDE does glitch and not display them correctly - but it's worth a call to Disney IT to be sure everyone is linked correctly. When my family isn't linked correctly we just get "blue mickeys". Then we have to match our accounts so our tickets are linked.
Something must not be linked correctly as for this trip, I have never seen the character icons- only the blue ones. I wonder why it didn't link correctly.

The only avatar showing is mine. I will check my husband's account to see if I can add one for him. When I go to update for the kids, there is no option for Change Character.
Sounds like your husbands MDE account is the one that manages the kids profiles. Check his account to see if the kids have an avatar assigned, if not his account should have an option to assign one.

Sounds like your husbands MDE account is the one that manages the kids profiles. Check his account to see if the kids have an avatar assigned, if not his account should have an option to assign one.
That is what I thought, but I don't see it there either! Strange too, because he only just opened his MDE account a few weeks ago, while I have had mine for several trips. I have all of our magic bands, etc and have been able, in the past, to assign characters. Oh well, I am sure it is another glitch- nothing has gone right with MDE so far for this trip, so why start now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter